Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Robert Griffin III ready to turn career around with Redskins in 2015

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 12:08 PM   #1
MTK
\m/

Post Robert Griffin III ready to turn career around with Redskins in 2015

The Washington Redskins selected quarterback Robert Griffin III with the second overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, and were hoping that he could be a long-time franchise quarterback for them. He looked like that type of player during his rookie season, but since then has struggled with injuries and inconsistency. Last season was an absolute nightmare for Griffin, and he could be facing his final chance with the Redskins 2015.

Despite the pressure that he is facing, Griffin is ready to turn his career back around and get back to being a franchise caliber quarterback.

Robert Griffin III ready to turn career around with Redskins in 2015 | FOX Sports

Advertisements
Old 07-20-2015, 11:52 PM   #2
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Re: Robert Griffin III ready to turn career around with Redskins in 2015

Healthy and happy, Robert Griffin III ready for fresh start with Washington Redskins - The Washington Post

Thing is, that's the story EVERY year, and was the story last year, as linked above. I'd like to see the story saying, "RG3 is just giving up this year and riding out the contract" or "RG3 is not ready for this year and wants a few more months for practice and filming commercials" -- that would be news..

Yes, I realize we're in the black hole where there's nothing to report on until training camp.. Can't wait for real football.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:48 AM   #3
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I'm s-o-o-o tired of talk from RGIII. I would like him to say something like this: "All I have to say is 'Just watch me'. You guys can write whatever you want about me. It doesn't matter. I'm gonna prove myself on the field this season."
Old 07-21-2015, 07:56 AM   #4
irish
Playmaker

Its definitely put up or shut up time for RG3.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #5
over the mountain
Playmaker

"He’ll be the first to tell you he needs to improve, and I’ll be the second to tell you he needs to improve.”

- jay gruden

lol, i like the way he talks. may not be the best for a sensitive QB like RG3 but i like it. the quote was from the second article.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:45 AM   #6
mredskins
MVP

I am excited to see what he does. I almost felt like right before his ankle injury in the Jax game we were starting to see the old RGIII. Even the run that he hurt his ankle on was a decent play.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:30 PM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

i dont want to hear any more excuses from RG3...if he sharts the bed in training camp and beginning of season, then Im for a quick move to the bench and play Cousins for the rest of year.

He Gets Us
Old 07-21-2015, 02:27 PM   #8
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
"He’ll be the first to tell you he needs to improve, and I’ll be the second to tell you he needs to improve.”

- jay gruden

lol, i like the way he talks. may not be the best for a sensitive QB like RG3 but i like it. the quote was from the second article.
If RGIII is too sensitive to handle criticism he can always try another profession.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:45 PM   #9
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I'll say it again, he's just not the guy. He has too many issues. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:24 PM   #10
over the mountain
Playmaker

Anonymous coach says RGIII ‘is done’ in ESPN QB poll - The Washington Post

“Five, and there’s no coming back,” one offensive coach said of Griffin. “He is done. The reason why is, the injury slowed his legs, and his ego will not allow him to hit rock bottom and actually grind his way back up the right way.”

Another respondent suggested Griffin is delusional and lacks humility.

“Griffin sees himself like Peyton [Manning], in that light,” a personnel director said. “When he looks in the mirror, he is seeing things that everybody else is not seeing. That is why I was surprised when they gave him the fifth-year [option] and said it was an easy decision.”

-----------------------------

kinda how i see it. RG3 needs to accept coaching and instructions. all those stories you heard of how defiant he is, even in practice is just mind boggling.

only in DC ..... who knows, maybe RG3 will be more open minded this season and gruden can figure out an offense to mask his weaknesses .. like knowing protections and play calls and assignments and 101 stuff.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:20 PM   #11
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
kinda how i see it. RG3 needs to accept coaching and instructions. all those stories you heard of how defiant he is, even in practice is just mind boggling.

only in DC ..... who knows, maybe RG3 will be more open minded this season and gruden can figure out an offense to mask his weaknesses .. like knowing protections and play calls and assignments and 101 stuff.
I agree. I'm not as optimistic because of what I mentioned below. I hope that I'm 100% wrong though but it's not how I see it playing out.

Quote:
Another respondent suggested Griffin is delusional and lacks humility.

“Griffin sees himself like Peyton [Manning], in that light,” a personnel director said. “When he looks in the mirror, he is seeing things that everybody else is not seeing. That is why I was surprised when they gave him the fifth-year [option] and said it was an easy decision.”

Quote:
and his ego will not allow him to hit rock bottom and actually grind his way back up the right way.”
These guys are spot on in my opinion. RGIII's biggest downfall is his ego. He lacks the humility to become the talented force he could be. It's such a shame to see talent be ruined by ego. It happens all too often in the sport though.

This is a prime example. The latest interview with Larry, RGIII tries to squash the notion he can't read NFL defenses based on the 2012 season.

Quote:
“So we’ve got to get away from this reading defenses stuff, man,” Griffin concluded. “If you can’t read defenses, you can’t play in the NFL. So obviously 2012 proved that we can do that, and I can do that.
This is purely ego driven because he would know that was a zone read sort of offense that spurred that season on. You know, the kind of offense that has a one read and go. That's not reading a NFL defense from a QB standpoint. To think so is laughable. I simply don't see Robert making that next step because I don't think his ego will allow him to do it. It's hard to tell an individual something who already thinks he's got it all covered. Mike tried too and so has Jay Gruden.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 07-21-2015, 06:30 PM   #12
JPPT1974
Special Teams

It is now or never as really RGIII must overcome his injuries and ego to really be the franchise QB the team drafted him to be.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:58 PM   #13
That Guy
Living Legend

I'd love to be wrong, but I just see too many missing fundamentals for him to be great. amazing OL play could cover some of his biggest weaknesses, but unless he can use that time to improve (a LOT) it'd just be more smoke and mirrors.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:01 PM   #14
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

If he's smart he'll put his ego aside, wasn't he humilated enough last year? I place my bet on RGIII pulling a rabbit out of his ass and having a turnaround this season.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 07-21-2015, 09:00 PM   #15
Bangee7
Impact Rookie

....“Griffin sees himself like Peyton [Manning], in that light,” a personnel director said....

Thanks Vinny.

Seriously, I want my team's QB to have that confidence when he looks in the mirror.
Honestly, I even want the back up QB feeling that way.

I hope the kid tears it up this year, God knows he's been put thru enough.
Closed Thread