Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trouble in Redskins Park?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #1
NCSUredskin
Camp Scrub

Trouble in Redskins Park?

Now I am not the biggest fan of the sports junkies, or this 247 website, but man I hope this report is not true. IMO Scot is the best GM we have seen under the Snyder era....

Report: Bruce Allen's jealousy is the root of Redskins problems

Advertisements
Old 02-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: Trouble in Redskins Park?

A little perspective

Need to Know: Is there dysfunction at Redskins Park? | CSN Mid-Atlantic
Old 02-13-2017, 01:58 PM   #3
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Yeah, hoping Scott turns it around this year. Last year left a lot on the table. If he had only helped out the D a little by a good FA and/or draft pick last year, we would have been in the playoffs two years in a row, the franchise would be looked on completely differently and set for the future -- and even Cousins likely would have been offered the contract by now.

Hate the fact that the rumors are swirling again with this new regime. Would love to give KC a contract & have Scott have a press conference, just to quell these media folk. Or perhaps our media don't like silence & will always start rumors and controversies.

Scotts first year was great, second year sucked.. Third time's the charm?
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:30 PM   #4
NCSUredskin
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
Yeah, hoping Scott turns it around this year. Last year left a lot on the table. If he had only helped out the D a little by a good FA and/or draft pick last year, we would have been in the playoffs two years in a row, the franchise would be looked on completely differently and set for the future -- and even Cousins likely would have been offered the contract by now.

Hate the fact that the rumors are swirling again with this new regime. Would love to give KC a contract & have Scott have a press conference, just to quell these media folk. Or perhaps our media don't like silence & will always start rumors and controversies.

Scotts first year was great, second year sucked.. Third time's the charm?
I wouldn't say the second year sucked.....when was the last time we had back to back winning seasons? Plus we had to play a 1st place schedule....and we did decent IMO with the shotty defense we had
Old 02-13-2017, 03:05 PM   #5
metalskins
The Starter

This team has been down right terrible since Gibbs left the second time up until Scot McCloughan came aboard. except for one good year in 2012, this team has been a 3-6 win team at best.

McCloughan hasn't been a savior by any stretch, but I think he deserves a bit longer leash than what it appears Allen is giving him. I'm thinking Allen if feeling some heat that if Gruden doesn't have a good year coaching, Allen might be out with Gruden, so Allen is putting the grips on McCloughan.

Honestly, if I'm Snyder, I fire Allen, make McCloughan an actual GM in control off all player and coach personnel, and give Gruden his fifth year. See what McCloughan does without Allen, see what Gruden does. If it works, and extend both guys. If not, fire 'em and start all over again.

Either way, I just don't like these reports and the fact that neither McCloughan nor Allen has come out to squash these rumors just seems to confirm in my mind that there's some truth in them.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:06 PM   #6
MTK
\m/

He definitely needs some strong results this offseason, and picks from years 1 and 2 need to step it up.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:33 PM   #7
calia
Playmaker

Allen seems like a buffoon to me. Honestly, if there's any truth to this and if they let McC walk (or make him), it will be hard to think that this franchise has any real chance of being relevant for the foreseeable future. We probably all need to chill, as who the heck knows what is really going on? Do other franchises (other than a few obviously, massively dysfunctional ones -- e.g., Jets, Bills) get these kinds of reports?
Old 02-13-2017, 03:43 PM   #8
Defensewins
Playmaker

It is time to give SM complete control. Frankly I am tired of Bruce Allen and his weak ass Hawaiian shirts. Bruce has been here a long time and it is time for change and more importantly giving SM freedom to build the roster.
Give SM 2 to 3 tears of complete control and see what happens.
I also think we need to remove the coaches from the draft process.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:59 PM   #9
Schneed10
A Dude

It's a high pressure business. When you're first hired you get a grace period in the first year or two. But after that it's time to show results.

Definitely an important offseason. I would manage the situation a little differently if I were Allen. But if McC, or Allen, or anybody thinks there wouldn't be pressure going into year 3, they're kidding themselves.

As Allen I would have football operations reporting directly to me, with Gruden and McC as peers on the org chart, not responsible for each other.

The reason Gruden and McC should be peers is their jobs necessitate a dichotomy - a push-pull between the go-for-it-now mindset (Gruden) and the build for the long haul (McCloughan). Allen should not get involved in player selection, but he should tell Scot when to get more aggressive in FA and when not to. He should have Schaeffer reporting into him, also a peer with McC and Gruden, and he should listen to Schaeffer's guidance as to when the cap situation calls for aggressiveness and when it calls for restraint.

But Allen should absolutely not be picking players. The directive to McC should be get me a solution to the D line and safety this offseason, and we can afford to spend $__ (Schaeffer's number) in guaranteed money. Do it. And that's it - walk away and let McCloughan pick the players.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:16 PM   #10
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I said before SMs first draft that his first year would be his best because he had been devoting seasons while out of the league researching players. The fact that his second was more in line with NFL norms isn't indicative of a shoddy draft it just means we have to be patient and see how the lower round picks bear out. I do believe that SM knows what players he is looking for. I think he hoped to get some time from Gallette(sp) that never materialized.

If he is under any pressure it is my belief its just normal 3rd year GM stuff and hopefully it doesn't drive him to bad habits.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:38 PM   #11
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Allen insulted and belittled Scot by issuing him a gag order. That does not bode well for their relationship.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:09 PM   #12
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

back to back winning seasons and we are talking about Scot being in trouble. Un fucking real
Old 02-13-2017, 06:15 PM   #13
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
It's a high pressure business. When you're first hired you get a grace period in the first year or two. But after that it's time to show results.

Definitely an important offseason. I would manage the situation a little differently if I were Allen. But if McC, or Allen, or anybody thinks there wouldn't be pressure going into year 3, they're kidding themselves.

As Allen I would have football operations reporting directly to me, with Gruden and McC as peers on the org chart, not responsible for each other.

The reason Gruden and McC should be peers is their jobs necessitate a dichotomy - a push-pull between the go-for-it-now mindset (Gruden) and the build for the long haul (McCloughan). Allen should not get involved in player selection, but he should tell Scot when to get more aggressive in FA and when not to. He should have Schaeffer reporting into him, also a peer with McC and Gruden, and he should listen to Schaeffer's guidance as to when the cap situation calls for aggressiveness and when it calls for restraint.

But Allen should absolutely not be picking players. The directive to McC should be get me a solution to the D line and safety this offseason, and we can afford to spend $__ (Schaeffer's number) in guaranteed money. Do it. And that's it - walk away and let McCloughan pick the players.
Nailed it. I assume the Kirk deal is holding everything up, just because it will be a lot easier to plan once a huge chunk of the pie is taken care of. I know Kirk's deal will only account for 1/3 of the available cap at most but I'm sure they want to get it done first.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:36 PM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
back to back winning seasons and we are talking about Scot being in trouble. Un fucking real
Yeah I got to agree. McC isn't close to the problem..

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:53 PM   #15
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Allen insulted and belittled Scot by issuing him a gag order. That does not bode well for their relationship.
Do we know that's a true statement? Couldn't it be that SM didn't want to spend time answering redundant questions, and that BA was the person to do it? (I mean I can certainly see a no-nonsense GM wanting to pass the press off to a figure head guy, and then letting the figure head claim that he made the decisision)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote