Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 01:12 PM   #166
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Also, tidbit from Sheehan is according to a source, Bruce’s first offer was a lowball one to Schreff.
Typical

He Gets Us

Advertisements
Old 06-06-2019, 01:20 PM   #167
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Sheehan killing Skins and especially Bruce with the handling and anticipation of how the Skins will screw this up.

Sheehan saying its funny how Bruce ramped up the interviews after the draft after being in hiding for the last year...to take credit for the draft which was well received around the league. But expect cowardly Bruce to disappear in another league wide story about the Organization dysfunction.

Sheehan says this story is another reminder of just how screwed up the Organization truly is...and he says he would look to move on from Trent if a 2nd round pick would appear.
Sheehan is a fucking joke. Honestly, I have no idea why you listen to him.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-06-2019, 01:23 PM   #168
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Also, tidbit from Sheehan is according to a source, Bruce’s first offer was a lowball one to Schreff.
Typical
Every team will do this. I'm sick and tired of people thinking this only happens with the Redskins. The Steelers just let the #1 RB and #1 WR in the league walk away because they didn't want to pay them.

Every owner/front office's goal is to pay their player as little as possible. Especially with teams that have cap issues like the Redskins.

Just do everyone a favor and stop listening to Sheehan. That dude LIVES on negativity. If you want to get Redskins news with some degree of objectivity, just stick to JP Findlay and his crew.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-06-2019, 01:33 PM   #169
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

There's an awful lot of stuff floating around this story it's hard to tell what is true and what isn't. But some things are obvious ...

-- TW IS under contract right now, for two more years.

-- It's impossible to replace a talent like TW - this time of year.

-- The Skins have been looking for depth at Tackle like a crack whore looking for her next hit -- pretty much on the hour.

If it's true Trent Williams "vows to never play for the Skins" .. then you have to find a way to get as much in return for him as you can. The Browns, and Texans have OLine needs and a crap ton of cap space. So start there, and see what you can get.

But if that isn't true, then you wait him out ... and maybe sweeten his deal a little bit, but in this scenario, the Skins have the leverage. TW has two years remaining on his contract. His age and injury history makes it less likely he could "pull a LeVeon Bell" successfully. So he's more likely to play, than not.

It's a freakin mess though ... exactly what we don't need to be messing around with.

I hope TW plays for us next year, the way he's capable of playing. If so, we have a chance at surprising people. If he doesn't, well, we will struggle.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #170
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Sheehan is a fucking joke. Honestly, I have no idea why you listen to him.
How so?

He is definitely black coffee but he isn't into gossip and has reasoned opinions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2019, 02:41 PM   #171
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Every team will do this. I'm sick and tired of people thinking this only happens with the Redskins. The Steelers just let the #1 RB and #1 WR in the league walk away because they didn't want to pay them.

Every owner/front office's goal is to pay their player as little as possible. Especially with teams that have cap issues like the Redskins.

Just do everyone a favor and stop listening to Sheehan. That dude LIVES on negativity. If you want to get Redskins news with some degree of objectivity, just stick to JP Findlay and his crew.
Combine the low-ball offer with Bruce Allen being the least trusted GM in the league and there is something there.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...xecutive-poll/

He screwed the last one up so bad we didn't even get a cup of coffee for cousins.

Remember when Bruce came out an announced the super terrific fantastic offer the team made to Kirk.( which was below market value)

Old 06-06-2019, 03:18 PM   #172
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Combine the low-ball offer with Bruce Allen being the least trusted GM in the league and there is something there.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...xecutive-poll/

He screwed the last one up so bad we didn't even get a cup of coffee for cousins.

Remember when Bruce came out an announced the super terrific fantastic offer the team made to Kirk.( which was below market value)

Cousins is a different case, because he did not want to play here. I don't know why people don't understand that when they discuss his situation. But I'm not going to go there, because I'm sick of discussing him in here.

If you haven't, go listen to all of the Andrew Brandt's podcasts when it comes to player negotiations. While you are at it, listen to his thoughts about Cousins' dealings with the Redskins. But in general, my take is that teams are always going to want to pay players less, and agents want more, that's the nature of the business.

In general, the Redskins have had a history of paying their elite/important players (see Kerrigan's and Trent's contract renewals), pay reasonable contracts to important free agents (Norman, Alex Smith, Landon Collins), and let players who did not want to play here/wanted more than what they are worth (Crowder, Cousins, etc., etc.).

Finally, Sheehan is a joke, all he does is complains about the team and that's his shtick, that's how he gets his ratings.

You want an objective take on the team? Listen to John Keim's podcast, the Redskins Talk Podcast, heck even the Cooley Podcast. Read anything by JP Findlay, Craig Hoffman, Michael Phillips, and of course Keim. Over the past couple of weeks, those guys have even debunked some of the exaggerated reports that the likes of Grant Paulsen and Chris Russell have put out there.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-06-2019, 03:30 PM   #173
MTK
\m/

Sheehan is too much of a fan to stay truly objective. He's pissed off just like everyone else over the last 20 years under Snyder. I do get tired of hearing about the erosion of the fan base lol, but I do like the guests he has including Cooley and SVP, and I like his back and forth with Loverro.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:36 PM   #174
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
The poll choice above is too over simplified - Pay hm or trade him.
This decision for the team and TW will depend on whether he wants to come back, if so how much he wants, will the be willing to pay and lastly TW's health.
He is under contract so this makes for drama.
However there seems to be a disconnect between the players and the coaches/team doctors and the front office. This needs to get fixed yesterday. Big F for the team to have their best players upset at the way this was handled. But it could get fixed.
Last years debacle of a season has exposed some serious dysfunction in the relationship between the players and the coaches/FO.
What immediately comes to mind is the players that complained about out inept Defensive coordinator all have been cut. Players should have a forum to complain about coaching issues privately and not lose their job. Seems kind of petty/
At the end of the day isn't what the situation boils down to? Besides, I like simple, no wiggle room polls, otherwise they just get silly with too many options.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:38 PM   #175
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Sheehan is too much of a fan to stay truly objective. He's pissed off just like everyone else over the last 20 years under Snyder. I do get tired of hearing about the erosion of the fan base lol, but I do like the guests he has including Cooley and SVP, and I like his back and forth with Loverro.
And this is why I identify with a lot of his rants...we are sick of the dysfunction, the pettiness, and the bullshit from the org. he gives a more honest opinion and he does have some solid sources. Sure some of his shit is annoying, but most folks with strong opinions will strike that nerve in others which show their effectiveness.

He Gets Us
Old 06-06-2019, 03:38 PM   #176
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
This thread should be titled the off-season over-reaction thread.

Let me know if Trent holds out when it costs him actual money. Or when he bashes the front office for his medical treatment. Until then, JLC and Morgan Moses don't have near enough street cred to make this a real story.
Definitely a good degree of overreactions going on, but when Moses backed up the story a bit it made my ears perk up. But then again AP shot it down so who knows. We'll probably never get the whole story but if Trent holds out in training camp we'll know it's getting serious.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:44 PM   #177
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
And this is why I identify with a lot of his rants...we are sick of the dysfunction, the pettiness, and the bullshit from the org. he gives a more honest opinion and he does have some solid sources. Sure some of his shit is annoying, but most folks with strong opinions will strike that nerve in others which show their effectiveness.
Yes, but rants doesn't equate to news and analysis; therefore, I don't hold anything Sheehan says/writes in high regard, because he's just a disgruntled fan as Matty said.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-06-2019, 03:57 PM   #178
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
My opinion as well.

He is biased but he acknowledges it. He has stated clearly he isn't a journalist.

He is also reasoned and like others have said does have sources.

Old 06-06-2019, 04:56 PM   #179
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
At the end of the day isn't what the situation boils down to? Besides, I like simple, no wiggle room polls, otherwise they just get silly with too many options.
In this case, I really would have liked an option for do nothing. I realize it might have gotten the lion share, but that really is the right answer, the Skins are under no obligation to make a change in the situation, and the best option is that they don't.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:22 PM   #180
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...unstable-reds/
Closed Thread