Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Top Stories Going Into Camp

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-26-2019, 11:46 AM   #31
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Top Stories Going Into Camp

I think everyone needs to take Doug's comments with a grain of salt. I don't think he meant that he and Dan and Bruce are going to tell Jay to start Haskins if Haskins demonstrates he's not ready yet.

If the competition is close in camp then I could see them swaying with a deciding vote. But if Keenum or Colt legit win the QB race in camp, then Jay will definitely go with them, especially because the schedule is rough. The front office will not tell Jay to make a move to Haskins in such a circumstance.

Advertisements
Old 06-26-2019, 12:27 PM   #32
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I think everyone needs to take Doug's comments with a grain of salt. I don't think he meant that he and Dan and Bruce are going to tell Jay to start Haskins if Haskins demonstrates he's not ready yet.

If the competition is close in camp then I could see them swaying with a deciding vote. But if Keenum or Colt legit win the QB race in camp, then Jay will definitely go with them, especially because the schedule is rough. The front office will not tell Jay to make a move to Haskins in such a circumstance.
I hope you're right...but will it surprise anyone here if we pretty much all think Haskins doesn't look ready in preseason, but gets the start game 1 anyway? It just does not look good to me that Doug makes that statement...I'm assuming he was asked who would have final say on the QB?
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:31 PM   #33
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

Agreed. Doug has, time and again, made a fool of himself when he speaks publicaly. I realize this is one of the primary aspects of his job description, but he always ends up saying things that are misleading or simply dumb. They really should demote him to a position that is exclusively scouting/personel and promote/hire someone into a GM role who can do a better job at dealing with the public.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:49 PM   #34
MTK
\m/

If anyone doesn't think Snyder will have a say about QB you haven't been paying attention the last 20 years. Will he override the consensus? No, but he will have input.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:31 PM   #35
skinsfan69
Living Legend

One person should decide who plays. The head coach. That language would hopefully be in his contract.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:07 PM   #36
30gut
Playmaker

What are the going to do at LT?
-If Trent doesn't return I think they should move someone over...I would try Scherff or Morgan Moses then shuffle the OL deck at the other postion

-Watching the young WRs
I think Kelvin Harmon is a much better WR then his UDFA selection suggests, good route runner, good hands not the fastest WR out there but that shouldn't be his role.
I LOVE McLaurin I thought he was one of the top WRs in the draft....I consider him to a feature caliber WR potential

QB if Haskins is ready it should be him if not then go with Keenum but work Haskins into the game and get him some reps maybe a series here or there every game. The focus should be on getting Haskins ready

I am going to enjoy watching the front 7 dominant games
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 02:51 AM   #37
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Dunbar's health is the biggest under the radar story to me. Him starting game 1 changes my thoughts on our defensive performance for this year. With him, I think we could have strong secondary. Without him, people get moved around, and my confidence wanes quite a bit.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:51 AM   #38
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
-If Trent doesn't return I think they should move someone over...I would try Scherff or Morgan Moses then shuffle the OL deck at the other postion

-Watching the young WRs
I think Kelvin Harmon is a much better WR then his UDFA selection suggests, good route runner, good hands not the fastest WR out there but that shouldn't be his role.
I LOVE McLaurin I thought he was one of the top WRs in the draft....I consider him to a feature caliber WR potential

QB if Haskins is ready it should be him if not then go with Keenum but work Haskins into the game and get him some reps maybe a series here or there every game. The focus should be on getting Haskins ready

? Harmon was picked in the 6th round

https://www.redskins.com/news/washin...fl-draft-picks
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:05 AM   #39
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Dunbar's health is the biggest under the radar story to me. Him starting game 1 changes my thoughts on our defensive performance for this year. With him, I think we could have strong secondary. Without him, people get moved around, and my confidence wanes quite a bit.
This is a good post and it’s something not talked enough about. He was breaking the fuck out last year and was extremely pivotal to our first half run. I’m hoping this nerve thing is behind him...bright side, our depth at CB is as deep as the dline.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:31 AM   #40
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

NFL Supplemental Draft is July 10:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...emental-draft/

Here are whose in so far with good quick synopsis on each:

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2019/06/nf...n-process.html

Count me in for grabbing talent at a discount rate and what do you know? An outstanding Safety prospect is available and we mos def wanted to add a young Safety last draft, but the board never lined up for us. Also a monster size TE and WR prospect who has special teams value. Early early takeaway is the safety maybe the only one who will be drafted in the supplemental.

This Jalen Thompson kid has the accolades as multiple all conference awards and is a 3 year starter. I’ve read he would slot as a solid second day draft prospect...his work out is this coming week. I’m all for adding talent to our safety group...if we can get this guy at a discount...fuck yeah, why not.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 06-30-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:50 PM   #41
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post

-Watching the young WRs

From the Cooleyzone:Among the many things from
@TheCooleyZone
that stood out: “#KelvinHarmon, I love in press situations. He’s almost impossible to press. To me, he’s your big, sure-thing target. He’s everything that you want Josh Doctson to be.”

He Gets Us
Old 07-10-2019, 11:57 AM   #42
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
From the Cooleyzone:Among the many things from
@TheCooleyZone
that stood out: “#KelvinHarmon, I love in press situations. He’s almost impossible to press. To me, he’s your big, sure-thing target. He’s everything that you want Josh Doctson to be.”
He's a guy I'm going to watch in the pre-season. This WR group is ready for someone to move up and really show us something. Doctson has shown that he doesn't have what it takes to succeed on this team or in the NFL.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote