Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Pick a new name
Warriors 20 29.41%
Redwolves 30 44.12%
Redtails 3 4.41%
Redhawks 4 5.88%
Redhogs 3 4.41%
other 8 11.76%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2020, 03:24 PM   #46
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,339
Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
If we keep giving up then what will be next we will have someone posted in each and every hospital to give YOUR OWN CHILDS NAME FOR YOU now thatís AMERICA I Donít THINK SO.


Dude could you bust on the scene with more bullshit all caps racist crap? You have been a member for 16 hours and will be the first person i ever blocked.
This post is not what I am referring to as racist. That would be the one that shows your complete intolerance of the BLM movement.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.

Last edited by punch it in; 07-04-2020 at 04:18 PM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-04-2020, 03:35 PM   #47
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie
 
OmahaRedskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 811
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Keep it simple.

Washington Braves - Keep the current logo

And

Washington Red tails - NO
Washington Generals - Hello NO

NIKE is a piece of shit company. With all of the issues in the world: the current pandemic, homelessness, sex trafficking, troops with PTSD, our political climate, they focus on a footballs teams name.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 03:52 PM   #48
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,339
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
Keep it simple.



Washington Braves - Keep the current logo



And



Washington Red tails - NO

Washington Generals - Hello NO



NIKE is a piece of shit company. With all of the issues in the world: the current pandemic, homelessness, sex trafficking, troops with PTSD, our political climate, they focus on a footballs teams name.


Nike is hypocritical to say the least. Fuck them.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:01 PM   #49
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,427
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
If we keep giving up then what will be next we will have someone posted in each and every hospital to give YOUR OWN CHILDS NAME FOR YOU now thatís AMERICA I Donít THINK SO.
I think having a person other than the parents to name children is a great idea!

Signed, Englebert Humperdinck
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:12 PM   #50
Warthog
The Starter
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,109
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

I personally like the RED TAILS, because they have a great story and they were in the Army Air Corps in WWII. However, many people have never heard of the Tuskegee Airmen. I actually was in a USAF unit in Iraq, called the 332 Air Expeditionary Wing. They called themselves the Red Tails ( which what that unit did to all their airplanes in WWII - they painted there vertical stabilizer Red, so it could be easily recognized). When Air Force units are deployed to combat locations, the unit they go to is the same number and name of a FAMOUS Air Force unit.

BUT, I think Snyder is going with the Native American theme. The problem with WARRIORS or BRAVES is that name is used by a team in another sport. That includes the Generals - a team that loses to the Harlem Globetrotters.

I think he will go for a real Native American tribe. There are HUNDREDS of tribes to choose from, so I think it will be a FAMOUS and well-known tribe. That gets you down to a much smaller list:

CHEYENNE
APACHE
SIOUX
NAVAHO
COMMANCHE
CREEK
MOHAWK

There are no major sports teams with any of these tribes.

I believe it will be one of these tribes. Not Red Tails, not Generals, not Red Hawks, not Warriors or Braves.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #51
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,339
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I personally like the RED TAILS, because they have a great story and they were in the Army Air Corps in WWII. However, many people have never heard of the Tuskegee Airmen. I actually was in a USAF unit in Iraq, called the 332 Air Expeditionary Wing. They called themselves the Red Tails ( which what that unit did to all their airplanes in WWII - they painted there vertical stabilizer Red, so it could be easily recognized). When Air Force units are deployed to combat locations, the unit they go to is the same number and name of a FAMOUS Air Force unit.

BUT, I think Snyder is going with the Native American theme. The problem with WARRIORS or BRAVES is that name is used by a team in another sport. That includes the Generals - a team that loses to the Harlem Globetrotters.

I think he will go for a real Native American tribe. There are HUNDREDS of tribes to choose from, so I think it will be a FAMOUS and well-known tribe. That gets you down to a much smaller list:

CHEYENNE
APACHE
SIOUX
NAVAHO
COMMANCHE
CREEK
MOHAWK

There are no major sports teams with any of these tribes.

I believe it will be one of these tribes. Not Red Tails, not Generals, not Red Hawks, not Warriors or Braves.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


The Washington Mohawk is so bad ass
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:29 PM   #52
SolidSnake84
Playmaker
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 2,811
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I think having a person other than the parents to name children is a great idea!

Signed, Englebert Humperdinck
It isn't the worst idea when you hear all of those stories where children get given horrible names because their parents are trying to be cool or edgy.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/13/shy-k...2019-11088569/
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:41 PM   #53
SolidSnake84
Playmaker
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 2,811
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

"KingMessiah" might be the worst name i've ever heard, besides many years ago when there was that baby named "Fighter Pilot" or something like that...
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 05:43 PM   #54
Jimbo
Guest
 
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Hereís a name that will ring the bell of congress TRUMPSKINS
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 06:29 PM   #55
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,500
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Warriors or RedHawks.

Dan wants to keep the colors and logo so that would work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 06:46 PM   #56
JackLord
Camp Scrub
 
JackLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 59
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Hello all,

I have lurked here for years, but the current situation has motivated me to join this fine forum. I have bled burgundy & gold since 1971. I am sick about the name change and am trying to come to terms with it.

IMHO the best scenarios are:

1) Washington Warriors: Switch to the 1960s spear logo and tweak the fight song. Most everything remains so it would be palatable. The one problem- and it could be a big one- is that we would still be in the realm of Native Americans with the spear logo

2) Washington Redhawks: Take a cue from Miami University in Ohio. Switch to the late 60s/early 70s "R" logo and tweak the fight song. Emphasize the scripted Rs and avoid too much bird talk. Hassle free as the Native American stuff is jettisoned once and for all.

More unconventional choices:

Washington Braves: I am a stickler for tradition and Braves is the original name. Having one syllable makes the fight song harder to tweak. And we are still in Native American territory.

Washington Redskins: I used to think that maybe Snyder could ditch the current logo and return to the aforementioned "R" logo. Also expunge any other Native American references. Then issue a press release that states the name now refers to the color of the uniforms, nothing more. But I doubt Snyder could pull it off.

Washington Hogs: With the right moves, it could work.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:50 PM   #57
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,655
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I personally like the RED TAILS, because they have a great story and they were in the Army Air Corps in WWII. However, many people have never heard of the Tuskegee Airmen. I actually was in a USAF unit in Iraq, called the 332 Air Expeditionary Wing. They called themselves the Red Tails ( which what that unit did to all their airplanes in WWII - they painted there vertical stabilizer Red, so it could be easily recognized). When Air Force units are deployed to combat locations, the unit they go to is the same number and name of a FAMOUS Air Force unit.

BUT, I think Snyder is going with the Native American theme. The problem with WARRIORS or BRAVES is that name is used by a team in another sport. That includes the Generals - a team that loses to the Harlem Globetrotters.

I think he will go for a real Native American tribe. There are HUNDREDS of tribes to choose from, so I think it will be a FAMOUS and well-known tribe. That gets you down to a much smaller list:

CHEYENNE
APACHE
SIOUX
NAVAHO
COMMANCHE
CREEK
MOHAWK

There are no major sports teams with any of these tribes.

I believe it will be one of these tribes. Not Red Tails, not Generals, not Red Hawks, not Warriors or Braves.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What I would like with the Native tribe name is that it would be a good opportunity to do something that should've been done decades ago, and would have likely avoided this mess:

Do more to publicly and consistently honor and support Native Americans.
Have a % of the team's benefits automatically given to support local Native communities.
Have regular cultural events to promote Native American culture.
Have pre game shows and parades held by Natives.

Had this been done earlier, the whole "this team's name is racist" narrative would have been a harder sell.

And frankly, I think a huge organisation that choses to brand Native American like the Redskins do, has a responsibility to listen to, represent, honor and support. And I don't think this franchise lived up to this responsibility.

Maybe now is the time.

(Please keep in mind I say this while thinking the Redskins' name isn't racist, and would have loved for my team to keep its name, but it seems that ship has sailed...)
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:49 PM   #58
Jimbo
Guest
 
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Why donít we do a mail in voting
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:34 PM   #59
Jimbo
Guest
 
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Or maybe we should just let football die like our history kills me to say it but to much BS anymore
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:01 PM   #60
SkinzWin
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 3,129
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLord View Post
Hello all,

I have lurked here for years, but the current situation has motivated me to join this fine forum. I have bled burgundy & gold since 1971. I am sick about the name change and am trying to come to terms with it.

IMHO the best scenarios are:

1) Washington Warriors: Switch to the 1960s spear logo and tweak the fight song. Most everything remains so it would be palatable. The one problem- and it could be a big one- is that we would still be in the realm of Native Americans with the spear logo

2) Washington Redhawks: Take a cue from Miami University in Ohio. Switch to the late 60s/early 70s "R" logo and tweak the fight song. Emphasize the scripted Rs and avoid too much bird talk. Hassle free as the Native American stuff is jettisoned once and for all.

More unconventional choices:

Washington Braves: I am a stickler for tradition and Braves is the original name. Having one syllable makes the fight song harder to tweak. And we are still in Native American territory.

Washington Redskins: I used to think that maybe Snyder could ditch the current logo and return to the aforementioned "R" logo. Also expunge any other Native American references. Then issue a press release that states the name now refers to the color of the uniforms, nothing more. But I doubt Snyder could pull it off.

Washington Hogs: With the right moves, it could work.
I donít want a name that is already another franchise name. See the Golden state warriors of the NBA.

I like the Redhawks.

Personally a fan of the Atlanta Braves, but again donít want to share a team name.

Hogs is a terrible name.

I still say Washington Renegades should be strongly considered and use the Redskins ďRĒ logo.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.17587 seconds with 11 queries