Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Problem with posts or censorship?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2020, 05:18 PM   #46
rocnrik
Impact Rookie
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 988
Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I should have said I do not know. Im trying to be cordial. Honestly I think people just do not get it, like if they ever had a civil conversation with a black person they are not capable of racism. Lol. You do not need a swastika tattooed on your arm or white power tattooed on your back to be racist. Being oblivious and ignorant to the plight of so many people is sickening in its own right and definitely falls on the racist scale somewhere. The whole racism is a two sided thing with whites is just plain garbage. Better Jamf?
How is the changing of sports teams nicknames going to help minorities? If the nfl wants to do whatís right they would tell the MAYOR of CHICAGO to figure out how to stop the MASS MURDERS of black citizens in the city that is awarded prime time games every year ... the murder rate in that city is one of the highest in the world ... tell me again what is the NFL doing about that as well as the govt in that city ...
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2020, 07:25 PM   #47
BaltimoreSkins
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 2,499
Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
How is the changing of sports teams nicknames going to help minorities? If the nfl wants to do whatís right they would tell the MAYOR of CHICAGO to figure out how to stop the MASS MURDERS of black citizens in the city that is awarded prime time games every year ... the murder rate in that city is one of the highest in the world ... tell me again what is the NFL doing about that as well as the govt in that city ...
?
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...te-per-capita/
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:06 PM   #48
rocnrik
Impact Rookie
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 988
Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

Black homiciide Iím talking about .. 2018 2400 shootings over 500 murders, 2019 nearly 2300 shootings over 500 murders .. according to the city of Chicago . That is very sad to me and then factor in the innocent lives and young peopleís lives gone ... I just would like to see NFL being as upset over that than teams nicknames ..I can add homeless people to that issue .. how about San Fran or Seattle .. I have friend who owns business in Seattle and has to walk over homeless people to open his store ..I may be wrong but does the nfl with teams in those cities do anything to really help ?

At this point itís not even about a name anymore .. okay Iím over it bring on the new name and I will be there however the League needs to step up the way they treat minorities.. no more excuses ! I want to see black ownership in league .. Commissioner job!! The bar has been raised !! Letís see what you got ! Every single fan that has pulled for this team should hold this league to a high standard .. more than ever !! In a sense we have become a part of the movement ..

Last edited by rocnrik; 07-13-2020 at 09:05 PM.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:59 PM   #49
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,225
Problem with posts or censorship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
How is the changing of sports teams nicknames going to help minorities? If the nfl wants to do whatís right they would tell the MAYOR of CHICAGO to figure out how to stop the MASS MURDERS of black citizens in the city that is awarded prime time games every year ... the murder rate in that city is one of the highest in the world ... tell me again what is the NFL doing about that as well as the govt in that city ...


Well that would involve gun control, funding inner city programs and schools, and getting to the root of the drug problem (hint they arent growing or making shit themselves). All things that arenít priorities for the white people running the show. Donít act like the Mayor of Chicago has so much power. That is Fox news bullshit.
I think the NFL probably does more good than you think. It isnít exactly news when they do something in the inner city, it is when a team changes its nickname after almost 90 years.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:15 PM   #50
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,886
Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well that would involve gun control, funding inner city programs and schools, and getting to the root of the drug problem (hint they arent growing or making shit themselves). All things that arenít priorities for the white people running the show. Donít act like the Mayor of Chicago has so much power. That is Fox news bullshit.
I think the NFL probably does more good than you think. It isnít exactly news when they do something in the inner city, it is when a team changes its nickname after almost 90 years.
Is someone gonna tell him about Chicago gun control?
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:37 PM   #51
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams
 
Bishop Hammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 323
Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners - George Carlin.
__________________
I don't have to sell my soul
he's already in me
I don't need to sell my soul
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:47 PM   #52
rocnrik
Impact Rookie
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 988
Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

It is sad situation and Iím afraid itís gonna get worse ... lots of division
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:59 PM   #53
rocnrik
Impact Rookie
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 988
Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

Does anybody have any idea when the new name will be announced?
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:02 AM   #54
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,225
Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Is someone gonna tell him about Chicago gun control?


Chicago gun control lol. As if all the guns in Chicago are born in Chicago. Can you say big picture?
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:07 AM   #55
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,225
Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Hammer View Post
Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners - George Carlin.


Makes ya yearn for the days of complete and total segregation doesnít it?
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:23 AM   #56
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,225
Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

A bunch of white guys commiserating that they cant call Native Americans derogatory names anymore and pointing to a completely debunked poll of some sorts done by other white guys for proof that itís all good. Classic.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:38 AM   #57
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie
 
TheGuyFromOverThere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 575
Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

punch it in - I have to concur. I do not think that "racism is a two sided thing" is complete garbage.

Racism from minorities against the majority exists. So, the thing itself is not garbage.

It just is... completely bloody irrelevant.

It just doesnīt matter if I as a white german hetersexual male am called any deregatory terms by non-whites, non-germans or non-hetersexual persons because I am in the bloody most "undiscrimatable" against position I can be in. Even if someone is racist against me, it just doesnīt matter.

And that is why, in my eyes, racism has two sides - one of them is just irrelevant.

Disclaimer: Iīm talking from the wester countries perspective where white people are the majority.
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:25 AM   #58
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,717
Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Does anybody have any idea when the new name will be announced?
Yes, my high-ranking source inside the Redskins organization told me to expect an announcement sometime in the next 365 days.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:43 AM   #59
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,886
Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
A bunch of white guys commiserating that they cant call Native Americans derogatory names anymore and pointing to a completely debunked poll of some sorts done by other white guys for proof that itís all good. Classic.
Punch...dude. First nobody is calling NA derogatory names. The only reference to the Redskins in the last 80 years is meaning for a Professional football team. Second, the polls werenít by white people but Wash Post and are relevant.
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:44 AM   #60
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,886
Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyFromOverThere View Post
punch it in - I have to concur. I do not think that "racism is a two sided thing" is complete garbage.

Racism from minorities against the majority exists. So, the thing itself is not garbage.


It just is... completely bloody irrelevant.

It just doesnīt matter if I as a white german hetersexual male am called any deregatory terms by non-whites, non-germans or non-hetersexual persons because I am in the bloody most "undiscrimatable" against position I can be in. Even if someone is racist against me, it just doesnīt matter.

And that is why, in my eyes, racism has two sides - one of them is just irrelevant.

Disclaimer: Iīm talking from the wester countries perspective where white people are the majority.
Huh?
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.14662 seconds with 10 queries