Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Derrius Guice arrested on Felony strangulation domestic assault charge

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2020, 08:09 AM   #91
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,287
Derrius Guice arrested on Felony strangulation domestic assault charge

https://apple.news/Aw7ZrwzTTRg2kbAv8tKXvzA

Not sure why my link is in code but it is the same as Matty’s link below just to save you the double click.....
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.

Last edited by punch it in; 08-19-2020 at 08:25 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-19-2020, 08:17 AM   #92
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,212
Re: Derrius Guice arrested on Felony strangulation domestic assault charge

Only getting worse for this guy

Two women say ex-Washington RB Derrius Guice raped them at LSU when he was a freshman
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:24 AM   #93
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,477
Re: Derrius Guice arrested on Felony strangulation domestic assault charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Not to say he's innocent but I hate when they wait years to come out and say something... Yes his career is over now
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:29 AM   #94
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,287
Re: Derrius Guice arrested on Felony strangulation domestic assault charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Not to say he's innocent but I hate when they wait years to come out and say something... Yes his career is over now


Probably because they feel ashamed. I know girls who were raped by guys who weren’t the star of the football team at a place like LSU, and even they try to bury it out of shame or fear. When it is someone like Guice I am sure there is even more of a fear factor about coming forward. Don’t get me wrong I always think the same thing - like the second it is over id be running to the police to ruin the guys life but i am sure that is easier said than done,....
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:09 AM   #95
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,212
Re: Derrius Guice arrested on Felony strangulation domestic assault charge

Plenty of reasons why victims don't step forward right away. No need to blame the women here. Looks more and more like Guice is just a piece of trash. No wonder he slipped in the draft.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:59 AM   #96
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20,145
Re: Derrius Guice arrested on Felony strangulation domestic assault charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Plenty of reasons why victims don't step forward right away. No need to blame the women here. Looks more and more like Guice is just a piece of trash. No wonder he slipped in the draft.
This x1000
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:59 AM   #97
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 16,741
Re: Derrius Guice arrested on Felony strangulation domestic assault charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Not to say he's innocent but I hate when they wait years to come out and say something... Yes his career is over now
It's only been a few years in this situation, but I do see your point when they wait 3 decades and it's when someone gets rich or is running for office, sometimes the timing is very questionable.

Fact is though, a LOT of women do not report being raped...ever. A lot of times it happens when they're young and they're afraid of, like someone else sald, the shame, or what parents might say because maybe they were putting themselves in a bad situation themselves, or they just close themselves off to the world because of the trauma.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:18 AM   #98
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,941
Re: Derrius Guice arrested on Felony strangulation domestic assault charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Wow insane
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:40 AM   #99
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,987
Re: Derrius Guice arrested on Felony strangulation domestic assault charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post

Fact is though, a LOT of women do not report being raped...ever. A lot of times it happens when they're young and they're afraid of, like someone else sald, the shame, or what parents might say because maybe they were putting themselves in a bad situation themselves, or they just close themselves off to the world because of the trauma.

To add to this, sometimes they do report it and it gets swept under the rug.


Quote:
A USA TODAY investigation found that the women’s allegations were shared at the time with multiple people at the school — including at least two coaches, an athletics administrator and a nurse — yet the school does not appear to have investigated.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:13 PM   #100
Defensewins
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,630
Re: Derrius Guice arrested on Felony strangulation domestic assault charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
In the video interview at the top of this article link, they say the day before Guice was arrested in Virginia on 8/7, the alleged rape victim at LSU during Guice's freshman year was interviewed by the Redskins investigator for 3.5 hours.
Now it makes sense why Guice was immediately released. The Redskins were already investigating all of these transgressions and had enough evidence to throw this piece of trash out. Crazy this was not investigated before we drafted him. Typical BS from Allen and Gruden.
Looks like LSU swept it all under the rug. There might be some trouble for LSU as well.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:35 PM   #101
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Posts: 10,392
Re: Derrius Guice arrested on Felony strangulation domestic assault charge

Having worked on Title IX claims filed by university women and seeing the whole range of allegations made from legit to highly questionable. These two sound really legit and very, very much how the women and administrators in those situations would react.

Heads will roll at LSU.

Sent from my SM-T597V using Tapatalk
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and let’s go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:46 PM   #102
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,287
Re: Derrius Guice arrested on Felony strangulation domestic assault charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Plenty of reasons why victims don't step forward right away. No need to blame the women here. Looks more and more like Guice is just a piece of trash. No wonder he slipped in the draft.


What’s the expression? One teams garbage is a Redskins second round draft pick?
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:58 PM   #103
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,335
Re: Derrius Guice arrested on Felony strangulation domestic assault charge

Wow.. He is done and should be in jail. Where there is smoke there is fire.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:34 PM   #104
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,724
Re: Derrius Guice arrested on Felony strangulation domestic assault charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Having worked on Title IX claims filed by university women and seeing the whole range of allegations made from legit to highly questionable. These two sound really legit and very, very much how the women and administrators in those situations would react.

Heads will roll at LSU.

Sent from my SM-T597V using Tapatalk
This. Also welcome back Joe.

When they say rape culture, this is exactly what they're talking about. LSU definitely isn't the only school to turn a blind eye to athletes doing terrible shit.

Also I tried finding something I saw online about how to handle being interviewed by the cops about rape, supposedly a lot of women don't report it to police because the first interview cops play nice and then in subsequent interviews they get aggressive to weed out the women filing false accusations, which is traumatic for the actual victims.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.15726 seconds with 10 queries