Texans Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-19-2018, 10:15 AM   #91
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Texans Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I'm just not buying that excuse anymore. We have too more QBs in the league coming in and immediately putting up numbers. Adam Theilan didn't need a lot of time with Cousins.

Like Jay said prior to the season, the team is built and the expectation was for Alex to come in and lead in the QB position.
Alex didn't seem to improve a bit through out the season. The Redskin receiving core isn't The Posse of course, but Alex was awful Sunday. He even made un-Alex like mistakes. His last play he took a 15 yard sack when a throwaway would have left Hopkins with a 40 yard field goal attempt. No sure what was going on with him.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-19-2018, 10:19 AM   #92
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Alex didn't seem to improve a bit through out the season. The Redskin receiving core isn't The Posse of course, but Alex was awful Sunday. He even made un-Alex like mistakes. His last play he took a 15 yard sack when a throwaway would have left Hopkins with a 40 yard field goal attempt. No sure what was going on with him.
I will say and admit the Offense looked way better when Colt came in, guys were all of the sudden open and making plays. I have watched every pass Alex has had this yr on film, some were his fault but many were no separation so we will see what happens thursday in a Huge game.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #93
rickmmrr
Special Teams

A long, long time ago Colt QB'ed a prime time Dallas game, and proved to be a Dallas killer. I have hope he can do it again. With a lot of help from the D.
rickmmrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:09 AM   #94
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Reed's effort on that INT was a bitch move tho, he just stood there. Dude go hustle at least
I was just going to say the same thing. Hes first reaction was to Smith then he went after the guy when it was too late.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:48 AM   #95
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Reed's effort on that INT was a bitch move tho, he just stood there. Dude go hustle at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
I was just going to say the same thing. Hes first reaction was to Smith then he went after the guy when it was too late.
A long time ago in a land far away when I played football in High School and College, Reed's actions would have earned him to be embarrassed by the coaches repeatedly in front of teammates during film study, and earned some extra laps and wind sprints at the end of practice when the rest of the teammates got to hit the showers. I know hard core discipline of days gone by doesn't exist anymore at any level of sports, so I wonder what if anything happened to him for that?
Old 11-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #96
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
A long time ago in a land far away when I played football in High School and College, Reed's actions would have earned him to be embarrassed by the coaches repeatedly in front of teammates during film study, and earned some extra laps and wind sprints at the end of practice when the rest of the teammates got to hit the showers. I know hard core discipline of days gone by doesn't exist anymore at any level of sports, so I wonder what if anything happened to him for that?
I would bet nothing,maybe if Parcells was the coach
Old 11-19-2018, 12:11 PM   #97
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I'm just not buying that excuse anymore. We have too more QBs in the league coming in and immediately putting up numbers. Adam Theilan didn't need a lot of time with Cousins.

Like Jay said prior to the season, the team is built and the expectation was for Alex to come in and lead in the QB position.
Exactly!
Trey Quinn and his 31" vertical leap outplayed Josh Doctson and his 42" vertical right out of the gate.
We need to stop making excuses for guys that don't produce no matter how pretty they look doing it.

With that said, I should give credit to Preston Smith for making 2 big plays and actually getting pressure a handful of times. He sucks a little less this week.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:29 PM   #98
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

http://thefootballgirl.com/alex-smit...ington-injury/
Old 11-19-2018, 12:31 PM   #99
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Exactly!
Trey Quinn and his 31" vertical leap outplayed Josh Doctson and his 42" vertical right out of the gate.
We need to stop making excuses for guys that don't produce no matter how pretty they look doing it.

With that said, I should give credit to Preston Smith for making 2 big plays and actually getting pressure a handful of times. He sucks a little less this week.
Preston has come alive the last several weeks...we've needed it.

This whole AS injury, the trade, the bad extension, quality of play at that position....it just doesn't matter who else does great, until we get a decent QB, we aren't going anywhere. Scouts need to find us a good draft pick...fire Bruce.

Maybe Alex can hang around and groom the young QB, get us a Mahomes.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #100
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Smith is improving as is RK weekly, that is huge. Allen and Payne have regressed and that is a worry
Old 11-19-2018, 01:01 PM   #101
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmmrr View Post
A long, long time ago Colt QB'ed a prime time Dallas game, and proved to be a Dallas killer. I have hope he can do it again. With a lot of help from the D.
and then right after that the next three games happened....Everyone remembers the prime time game against Dallass but forgets everything else.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:38 PM   #102
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I don't know, there were a lot of dropped passes early in the game though. I mean that dropped pass by Davis was huge IMO.

I feel that the expectations for Alex were high, in terms of being able to sync with the offense and receivers. I mean, wasn't the knock on receivers in the previous seasons was that they would not get open or drop passes as well?

That being said, I think Colts' familiarity with the offense will be key, I just hope he is able to take care of the ball. And of course, stay healthy.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #103
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
and then right after that the next three games happened....Everyone remembers the prime time game against Dallass but forgets everything else.
yeah which is why I dont trust the guy to get us to the playoffs
Old 11-19-2018, 02:02 PM   #104
Back2RFK
Special Teams

I love the email I got from the redskins official page about his injury titled "Breaking News".
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:20 PM   #105
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I don't know, there were a lot of dropped passes early in the game though. I mean that dropped pass by Davis was huge IMO.
I could never figure Vernon out. For a guy who looks to be chiseled out of granite and runs freakishly fast for his size, it is too easy to knock the ball away from him, he rarely runs over people, and his blazing speed doesn't seem apparent on the field. This was even true in his younger days with the 49ers.