Fresh Start Political Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-04-2021, 09:22 AM   #1486
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So you think the BLM movement is run by "white progressives"?

chico you get Police reform mixed up with defund the Police ,two different things.

The right made it one thing. Just like gun control and taking them away. Just like crt and reverse racism. It is the easy way out, and they can continue with the status quo.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-04-2021, 09:30 AM   #1487
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Did you just take my post and basically say i know you are but what am i?

Chico do you think police reform based on the treatment of blacks across America is necessary? Yes or no?

The black leaders in Minneapolis did not reject police reform. They rejected how to go about it. But you and the right would like to say “see everything’s cool nobody wants change” and walk away. It is what you are doing here.
Again I never said that. Defund the police is dead. The issue of less policing is not supported.

Reforms in policing has bipartisan support, Tim Scott’s police bill has some of the very issues that have already passed in liberal city and state legislatures such as Virginia.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 10:11 AM   #1488
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Again I never said that. Defund the police is dead. The issue of less policing is not supported.

Reforms in policing has bipartisan support, Tim Scott’s police bill has some of the very issues that have already passed in liberal city and state legislatures such as Virginia.

Defund the police was never alive, it was a quick rash label floated in a time of severe civil rest.

Ill take this answer as a yes you do think police reform is necessary. Would be nice if the GOP would get behind it the way they do for corporate tax cuts.

Problem is the Trump Republicans just made it into a war and slapped police lives matter stickers on their pick up trucks. And they vote for the GOP. So…..

Left wants police reform. Right puts blue lives matter stickers on things.

Left wants any change for the better. Right puts if you don’t like this country ill help you pack signs on things.

It is pretty simple. Right wants to leave well enough alone. Left wants equality for all. Not just the rich. Not just the white. Not just the men. Trump was an absolutely perfect mouth piece to twist want the left wants into a boogie man who wants to take your guns away and get rid of police so they can steal your shit and rape your families. I think a ton of Republicans genuinely want equality for all. I also think that they get caught up in the extremist lies and confused and tired of it all which leads to the status quo and a win for the extreme right.

No need to find an example of a poor black lady who supports the NRA. My belief is pretty spot on overall. Always gonna be flip sides.
Old 11-04-2021, 11:04 AM   #1489
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
defund the police was never alive, it was a quick rash label floated in a time of severe civil rest.

Ill take this answer as a yes you do think police reform is necessary. Would be nice if the gop would get behind it the way they do for corporate tax cuts.

Problem is the trump republicans just made it into a war and slapped police lives matter stickers on their pick up trucks. And they vote for the gop. So…..

Left wants police reform. Right puts blue lives matter stickers on things.

Left wants any change for the better. Right puts if you don’t like this country ill help you pack signs on things.

It is pretty simple. Right wants to leave well enough alone. Left wants equality for all. Not just the rich. Not just the white. Not just the men. Trump was an absolutely perfect mouth piece to twist want the left wants into a boogie man who wants to take your guns away and get rid of police so they can steal your shit and rape your families. I think a ton of republicans genuinely want equality for all. I also think that they get caught up in the extremist lies and confused and tired of it all which leads to the status quo and a win for the extreme right.

No need to find an example of a poor black lady who supports the nra. My belief is pretty spot on overall. Always gonna be flip sides.
................+1!
Old 11-04-2021, 12:17 PM   #1490
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

"Too often we're having a discussion in this nation about are you supporting the law enforcement community or are you supporting communities of color. This is a false binary choice," Scott said at a news conference unveiling his bill Wednesday.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ll/3202254001/

Scott is right re the above, we shouldnt try to make it a binary issue. I lived in some pretty high crime areas and trust me .. the people who live there want more police not less. But I think they also want accountability and the right kind of policing. Thats where we get muddy waters and then everyone goes to their tribal corner and nothing gets done.

Dems wanted the bill to include ending qualified immunity .. which is a big issue and not something to be slipped into a bill without real research and debate.

Dems should have worked with Scott and got something passed. More incentives for body cameras are a good thing. Incentivicing against the use of choke holds, while not outright banning them, is still a step in the right direction. Money for research into why police interactions with POC are dis proportionately excessive is the first step to providing a knowledge framework for future bills.

Baby steps is still movement.

Now Im sure if the Dems proposed the Scott bill now with no changes at all .. Rs would vote against it but you had Rs on the back pedal ready to sacrifice some funds to help the cause bc of the climate and theyd get credit for it and use it in their campaigns as 'See we arent total racist dicks" .... but who cares. As long as we move forward.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:22 PM   #1491
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Mike Pence man. What a fuckin pussy. Dude riles up a bunch of armed insurrectionists and feeds them lies about you and they proceed to march to the Capitol chanting hang mike pence. And you continue to kiss his ass while acting like it never happened. What a spineless tool bag.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:57 AM   #1492
MTK
\m/

Thanks Brandon!

Quote:
The US added back 531,000 jobs in October, beating all expectations.

The Dow is over 36,000 for the first time in history.

More than 80% of jobs lost during the pandemic have been recovered.

Over 220 million Americans are vaccinated and now children can get vaccinated.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:20 AM   #1493
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Thanks Brandon!
Amazing, how one man could literally do so much for an entire nation.

Thank you Brandon, we are eternally in your debt.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:35 AM   #1494
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Hmm, this has to be bad news somehow. Hold please...lol.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:05 PM   #1495
SunnySide
Playmaker

At 43 am I getting old and grumpy or does it seem like the House is a juvenile shit show at this point.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:14 PM   #1496
MTK
\m/

speaking of tacky garb, who wore it better?

Old 11-05-2021, 12:17 PM   #1497
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

At 43 am I getting old and grumpy or does it seem like the House is a juvenile shit show at this point.
This is fine, AOC getting dunked on for her hypocritical eat the rich stunt while with the same people she pretends to hate at the MET gala is in scope. Also clowning the President was fine previously

Great news on the jobs front, people should be working and not sitting on their lazy ass having their rent and extra unemployment benefits. Stop using my tax money to sustain lazy ass people.

He Gets Us
Old 11-05-2021, 12:19 PM   #1498
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
speaking of tacky garb, who wore it better?

When Arizona GOP go against their party they are mavericks, when it’s a Democrat they are chased into bathrooms and accosted at wedding ceremonies. It’s pretty funny to watch

He Gets Us
Old 11-05-2021, 12:23 PM   #1499
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Kinda catchy

He Gets Us
Old 11-05-2021, 01:29 PM   #1500
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
When Arizona GOP go against their party they are mavericks, when it’s a Democrat they are chased into bathrooms and accosted at wedding ceremonies. It’s pretty funny to watch
dude your "victim" mentality runs deep.

I guess the liberal Chico would be like "McCain was called a traitor by MAGAs for not supporting Trumps agenda but now MAGAs are applauding Sinema not supporting Biden's agenda. Pretty funny to watch."

Chico I applaud your ability to twist any piece of news or info into a way that fits your pre conceived narrative.

Youre a good soldier.