Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How Long Until Manusky is Fired & Replacement?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-16-2019, 03:25 PM   #16
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: How Long Until Manusky is Fired & Replacement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
4 1st Rounders and 2 big FA acquisitions in Norman and Landon Collins ... we sunk well more than 50% of our resources on this side of the ball. They need to be our strength.

How often are we stunting or delayed stunts or overloads?

Seems like we rush 4 straight ahead. Ryan does his outside speed rush which gets him his 15 sacks a year (4 of them coming in 1 game against an emergency starter).
Snyder needs to leave a fucking gallon vanilla ice cream on mnuskys chair like he did Mike Nolan, then subsequently fucking fire this jack ass
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2019, 09:25 PM   #17
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Let me tell y'all how little the Redskins brass thinks of Manuski....he was sitting on interviews for the DC position after last season....obviously that Super Bowl ring that Manuski got as a player on the 1991 team holds no weight whatsoever...
Old 09-17-2019, 08:44 AM   #18
Kope
Special Teams

None of the coaches on the defensive staff have a good record as a DC. Tomsula has not been a DC in the NFL. Horton, Ryan and Manusky have been.

Horton: 6 seasons as a DC, 1 season as a top 10 in either points or yards (1 of 12)

Ryan: 12 seasons as a DC, 3 times as a top 10 in either points or yards (3 of 24) 1 year as top 10 in both (1 of 12)

Manusky: 12 seasons as a DC, 2 times as a top 10 in either points or yards (2 of 24)

Normally I dont care about yards as a defensive stat compared to points, but here it shows that no matter how you cut it the three coordinators on staff have never been good in comparison to their peers.

Tomsula is the only guy on staff who should be considered to get a shot.

Note: I try not to vilify (he is garbage!) a coach or player for performance as they are in the arena and we are not. Their performance speaks for itself, and their history combined really shows they have little real chance of success.
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:05 AM   #19
sandtrapjack
The Starter

I could realistically see a change if, for a third consecutive week, the defense surrenders >400 total yds and/or 30 pts against the Bears.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:04 PM   #20
HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post

I’m worried that even when Allen comes back it won’t get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, let’s stop falling for the “If only __________ were playing, we’d be doing okay.” This is a poorly coached football team and a poorly run organization. We have some fine players, and if you plugged them into the Patriots system, they’d be winners.

Of course Manusky should be fired to send the message that people will be held accountable. Problem is, that message isn’t taken seriously when that slick pile of dogshit president isn’t also held accountable. Plus losers like to surround themselves with other losers, so it’s a never-ending circus even when people are fired.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:06 PM   #21
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
I could realistically see a change if, for a third consecutive week, the defense surrenders >400 total yds and/or 30 pts against the Bears.
If they give up that to Mitch and that shitty offense then the whole staff needs to be out Tuesday morning
Old 09-17-2019, 04:23 PM   #22
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
Yes, let’s stop falling for the “If only __________ were playing, we’d be doing okay.” This is a poorly coached football team and a poorly run organization. We have some fine players, and if you plugged them into the Patriots system, they’d be winners.

Of course Manusky should be fired to send the message that people will be held accountable. Problem is, that message isn’t taken seriously when that slick pile of dogshit president isn’t also held accountable. Plus losers like to surround themselves with other losers, so it’s a never-ending circus even when people are fired.

Yes, it’s the poor DC schemes and super-vanilla play-calling on defense. The main problem replacing Manusky is that NO ONE of QUALITY will come here to replace him. Why? The team is one of the bottom five worst teams in the NFL. The HC will be fired in 14 games. The GM is not respected in the NFL, and is widely considered a Snyder lackey. The owner is widely considered to be meddling-either directly or through BA and one of the worst owners in the NFL.

We’ll have to hire from within, Tomsula, who never has been a DC. He could do no worse than Manusky. We have good players but they are poorly led.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:53 PM   #23
metalskins
The Starter

He needs to be gone ASAP. Loved Manusky as a player, but he's terrible as a DC.

Get Ron Rivera in here next year. I have a feeling Carolina may part with him by the end of this season, and Ron could come in and revamp the defense and hopefully the team as a whole.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:08 PM   #24
doughtydoubter
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Yes, it’s the poor DC schemes and super-vanilla play-calling on defense. The main problem replacing Manusky is that NO ONE of QUALITY will come here to replace him. Why? The team is one of the bottom five worst teams in the NFL. The HC will be fired in 14 games. The GM is not respected in the NFL, and is widely considered a Snyder lackey. The owner is widely considered to be meddling-either directly or through BA and one of the worst owners in the NFL.

We’ll have to hire from within, Tomsula, who never has been a DC. He could do no worse than Manusky. We have good players but they are poorly led.

Im surprised more people don't bring this up when calling for coaching changes. Im not sure our team and the way its done can ever truly be a destination for any coach or coodinators of quality. Fire jay? Fine...who is coming here? Fire manusky? Great, lets just hire williams or bowles….oh right..
I personally have thought Manusky was a terrible coaching decision from the get go, he runs high school schemes and cant seem to light a fire or inspire any of his players.

Washington is where careers come to die, or people get drafted and hope to leave to do better. We are the hunger games of the nfl
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:21 PM   #25
Warthog
The Starter

FA come here to get over-paid and then .....coast. Besides all the massive FA blunders the Redskins have made since Snyder bought the team, I really trying to think of who has really earned their FA money.

I think both DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garçon both earned there paycheck. But for every one of them there are 2-3 total FA duds.

Part of the problem is that the Redskins are always pushing the narrative that the team is just ONE PLAYER AWAY from from getting to the next level. The Redskins have had a poor run under Snyder and when they do have good players there often is no depth. The team is a mile wide and an inch deep.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:23 AM   #26
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Anybody notice how Todd Bowles has completely turned around the Tampa Bay defense in a matter of 6 months? They have much less talent and are ballin.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:42 AM   #27
Kope
Special Teams

yup.
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #28
irish
Playmaker

Quote:

You bet they have to hire from within because nobody worth a damn is coming to this dysfunctional poorly run organization. I think Gruden is praying he gets fired sooner rather than later so he can get as far away from BA and DS as he can get.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:23 AM   #29
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
You bet they have to hire from within because nobody worth a damn is coming to this dysfunctional poorly run organization. I think Gruden is praying he gets fired sooner rather than later so he can get as far away from BA and DS as he can get.
Dan Snyder needs to explain to the fans why Bruce Allen is with this franchise in any capacity.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #30
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
FA come here to get over-paid and then .....coast. Besides all the massive FA blunders the Redskins have made since Snyder bought the team, I really trying to think of who has really earned their FA money.

I think both DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garçon both earned there paycheck. But for every one of them there are 2-3 total FA duds.

Part of the problem is that the Redskins are always pushing the narrative that the team is just ONE PLAYER AWAY from from getting to the next level. The Redskins have had a poor run under Snyder and when they do have good players there often is no depth. The team is a mile wide and an inch deep.

They push that one player away narrative because they have no plan other than plug in a few new players or a new coach and hope it hits. That's not a plan that's a prayer.

This organization needs to be knocked down and built up with a new culture that is based on winning football games rather than selling fake waiting lists, merchandise, and alumni games. Unfortunately that isnt happening with the current ownership.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote