Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 08:33 AM   #796
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So we are not putting any responsibility on Colt on wanting to come back too soon? We know how players lie in concussion exams to get back on the field. I just see Colt and Trent's situation completely different.

Also, if the medical team was so terrible, shouldn't Alex Smith or other injured players be disgruntled with the team? Also, as I've said before, wouldn't the NFLPA be already involved?

I just feel that a lot of people seem misinformed about the medical issues. Everyone keeps bringing up Guice and him having an infection, yet he talked with JP Findlay and said that they did a preventive treatment to avoid an infection.

To me the more frustrating part from the team about the medical stuff is the lack of communication (which JP Findlay said in his podcast today).
Every situation is different. But in Colt's case it seems from the outside the Redskins are idiots. Colt's going to try and play. Period. If you remember when he broke his leg I believe he actually stayed in the game for a play or two. It is dumb as dumb gets to try and rush a player back on the field for some bogus playoff run when the QB's fibula is broken. Inexcusable. There wasn't an adult in the room to shut down the nonsense.

Advertisements
Old 08-17-2019, 08:33 AM   #797
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
I think someone will offer a 1 if we wait. A LT of Trent’s caliber is VERY hard to find. Almost as hard as a franchise QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe but his injury history would be concerning to most teams even if our staff are the screwups of the league.

I would not be surprised if BA is so convinced he should get a 1 for TW that he is going to let other real good offers walk.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2019, 08:49 AM   #798
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
This stuff isn't an exact science. Everyone heals at different rates. How the player says theyre feeling plays a huge role.
What?? It's very simple. Take X ray. Fibula is broken. Go to operating table. Done for the year. Am I missing something here?

Think about this. Those clowns wanted to rush back a career back up, injury prone, noodle armed QB who turns the ball over cause they thought he was going to put on a cape and take a 500 team to the playoffs?? Major sigh, smh.....
Old 08-17-2019, 08:57 AM   #799
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Please stop blaming the medical and training staffs. All of this starts at the top of the organization where the tone is set. The problem is that Mr. Burns and Smithers don't care about other people.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:20 AM   #800
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
This stuff isn't an exact science. Everyone heals at different rates. How the player says theyre feeling plays a huge role.
Exactly, X-rays and MRIs don't tell the whole story, patient feedback is very important. If someone has a high tolerance to pain they can fool a doctor into believing they are doing better than they are.
Old 08-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #801
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think if any team had offered a 1 TW would have been traded by now. Best we are getting is a 2 and late rounder

All it takes is a LT going down on a contender. We have all the incentive to wait. Give it another 3 weeks and I bet at least one team will lose their starting LT.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:05 AM   #802
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I still think Trent comes back.

Been saying since the story broke that he is never putting on a Skins uniform again. My gut told me that than, and now im more convinced, unfortunately.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:09 AM   #803
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Players aren't doctors. The onus is on the teams medical and coaching staffs to take care of their players health 1st and foremost. To me rushing a broken leg is brutal and completely unacceptable.

So true, and so ridiculous that people have to be made aware of it. Lol.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:12 AM   #804
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Please stop blaming the medical and training staffs. All of this starts at the top of the organization where the tone is set. The problem is that Mr. Burns and Smithers don't care about other people.

Old 08-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #805
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Been saying since the story broke that he is never putting on a Skins uniform again. My gut told me that than, and now im more convinced, unfortunately.
Cooley said he's as good as gone. He said what I'd been thinking, and I imagine he has insight to the general feeling around the organization, that, you can't criticize the training staff publically (by proxy) and expect to be able to come back to the locker room line everything's cool.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2019, 11:34 AM   #806
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Cooley said he's as good as gone. He said what I'd been thinking, and I imagine he has insight to the general feeling around the organization, that, you can't criticize the training staff publically (by proxy) and expect to be able to come back to the locker room line everything's cool.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yep, he also made a point about how the teammates would start feeling about the medical staff with a player of TW's caliber in the locker room having spoke so badly of them.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2019, 11:56 AM   #807
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
The reason Dan keeps Bruce around is because Dan is calling more shots than folks are aware of. Bruce is a lackey for Dan and Dan knows anyone who comes in, will only come in if Dan is separated from all football decisions.

That’s the mountain we’ve faced the last 20 years

He Gets Us
Old 08-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #808
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post

They cared enough about Trent Williams to be loyal to him and, despite multiple injuries and back to back suspensions, make him the highest paid offensive lineman in the league 3 years ago.

They care enough about Trent Williams to, for a change, remain mostly silent, instead of leaking reports to make him look bad like they have consistently done during Bruce Allen’s tenure.

Snyder and Bruce have been uncharacteristically smart and loyal to Trent Williams. It’s a shame he refuses to return that loyalty and blame the medical staff for his own negligence. They told him to get a second opinion. He didn’t listen.

At this point, I’m done with Trent Williams. He can try to pretend he’s taking some moral stand, but ultimately he’s placed blame at the wrong place when he should be looking in the mirror. I appreciate all he’s done for this team, but If this is how he wants to repay the team that’s been so good to him, then I want him gone.

And for what it’s worth, i want Bruce Allen gone too. While i think he’s handling this situation well, the majority of the time, HE is the problem.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:08 PM   #809
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
They cared enough about Trent Williams to be loyal to him and, despite multiple injuries and back to back suspensions, make him the highest paid offensive lineman in the league 3 years ago.

They care enough about Trent Williams to, for a change, remain mostly silent, instead of leaking reports to make him look bad like they have consistently done during Bruce Allen’s tenure.

Snyder and Bruce have been uncharacteristically smart and loyal to Trent Williams. It’s a shame he refuses to return that loyalty and blame the medical staff for his own negligence. They told him to get a second opinion. He didn’t listen.

At this point, I’m done with Trent Williams. He can try to pretend he’s taking some moral stand, but ultimately he’s placed blame at the wrong place when he should be looking in the mirror. I appreciate all he’s done for this team, but If this is how he wants to repay the team that’s been so good to him, then I want him gone.

And for what it’s worth, i want Bruce Allen gone too. While i think he’s handling this situation well, the majority of the time, HE is the problem.

All of this is true, thats why it really seems there must be something else that occurred.

The team drafting another tackle isn't enough of an impetus for this type of hard stand by either side.

Trent has seen the worst of the front office as relates to other players, but as you point out they have been good to Trent

The medical staff might be at fault but then why isn't the NFLPA screaming for the Redskins to do something. When MRSA hit the Browns locker room they at least put out announcements supporting the players.

None of this makes sense with the facts as reported and the actions and words by all involved including close teammates and friends of TW.

I think he is gone, but it feels like there is a back story that only a few may ever know. Oh where is smootsmack insider info when you need it???

Old 08-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #810
rocnrik
Playmaker

I agree !!! I still say this could be all about a drug test ... if he knows he won’t pass because of off-season weed use.. and for the record I don’t gave a issue with that at all! It just seems there is more going on than we know.. does anybody know how the mandatory drug test work ?? If he report doesn’t he have to pass physical ? .. I’m just speculating what could be going on.. I just find it hard to believe that several years ago he was paid the highest in league at the Oline and now he totally refuses to ever play agian for skins...
Closed Thread