Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

All things off season 2015.

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #16
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: All things off season 2015.

How about we trade RGIII, Jarvis Jenkins, Roy Helu, throw in LeRibeus for their #1 pick? Yeah right!! Then draft The USC DT, followed by Mariotta, then I wake up.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #17
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

This is the offseason that I want vintage Dan Snyder circa 2000. React emotionally, get pissed off and CLEAN HOUSE! I know it won't happen but there is literally nothing other than a complete reboot of the football operations that will give me any reason to be hopeful of this team approaching .500 any time soon. If Allen, Campbell, Gruden or any of his assistants other than Banks and Olivadotti return I'm out on this team.

I've been diehard since 1981 but it's at a point where I have no emotion other than apathy towards the team. With who we have in power I don't care about free agency, the draft, OTAs, none of it. I have zero confidence that we will pick the right players or develop the ones we have or acquire.

Right now, I don't even think it's just a Snyder problem. We need 3 years to remove the stench (most players, coaches, front office, training staff, support staff) from this organization. I would be more encouraged by a complete rebuild like what Jacksonville is doing (don't laugh, they are our peers) than our current and immediate future course.

I can guarantee TODAY that next year at this time we will again be a double digit loss team. If you think firing Haslett, starting Cousins or drafting a RT in the first round is anything other than a squirt of Febreeze on a heaping pile of rotting whale carcass you are fooling yourself.

What we saw last year, what we saw this year will be a crystal ball for what the next few years will look like unless we clean house, which of course we will not.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Old 12-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #18
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Old 12-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #19
Irrefutable
The Starter

Start with a new GM, the personnel decisions have been horrible

clear at least $10 million in cap space by cutting Chester, Porter, Bowen or Coefield, and Riley. this would leave $30+ million for free agents

Trade down in every round, and add 5 -10 draft picks that can contribute next year
Old 12-28-2014, 10:06 PM   #20
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
Start with a new GM, the personnel decisions have been horrible

clear at least $10 million in cap space by cutting Chester, Porter, Bowen or Coefield, and Riley. this would leave $30+ million for free agents

Trade down in every round, and add 5 -10 draft picks that can contribute next year
I'm down with getting rid of Chester, Porter, Bowen, Hall, Meriweather, Moss, Clark, Polumbus, Riley, Paulsen, Roberts.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-28-2014, 10:10 PM   #21
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Thought Bowen, Riley, Hall, Paulsen, Moss, and Roberts at least bring good depth and can still help on special teams.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:26 PM   #22
tc2deuce
Special Teams

Allen--- moves out of the GM spot and stays strictly to the President role
New scout head needs to addressed
HC--Gruden 2 years to get us fixed and if not look for Harbaugh to leave Ann Arbor for DC
Haslett--OUT
O-line----everybody goes except Trent Williams
D-Line----blow it up but keep Hatch(a lot a good free-agents out there)
Secondary----draft or sign a starter bc Amerson is a safety and NOT a CB
QB-----RGIII and Kirk stay one more year but note there are a ton of good F/As in 2016
Old 12-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #23
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

I think Snyder wants Gruden to be our Jason Garrett. In order to make this happen patience is key. We have to bring in a Strong DC. I would advocate for Ken Norton Jr. He has been the Seahawks LB coach for 3 years, before that he was at USC with Pete Carroll for 6 years obtaining the title of Assistant HC Defense at USC. If not him I am okay with Mike Singletary or Wade Phillips. If Wade came in I don't see a lot of changes to the defensive staff.

I would hire Brian Billick to be a senior offensive consultant. Having a veteran coach like Brian to help both Sean and Jay could help greatly. I would also fire Chris Forester, he has worked here for four years with little to no success. Pay Russ Grimm to come out of retirement and become assistant head coach offensive Line.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #24
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
I think Snyder wants Gruden to be our Jason Garrett. In order to make this happen patience is key. We have to bring in a Strong DC. I would advocate for Ken Norton Jr. He has been the Seahawks LB coach for 3 years, before that he was at USC with Pete Carroll for 6 years obtaining the title of Assistant HC Defense at USC. If not him I am okay with Mike Singletary or Wade Phillips. If Wade came in I don't see a lot of changes to the defensive staff.

I would hire Brian Billick to be a senior offensive consultant. Having a veteran coach like Brian to help both Sean and Jay could help greatly. I would also fire Chris Forester, he has worked here for four years with little to no success. Pay Russ Grimm to come out of retirement and become assistant head coach offensive Line.
I like your thinking, Ken Norton Jr. for DC and Grimm for OL get my vote.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-28-2014, 11:01 PM   #25
diehardskin2982

As for the front office we know Bruce Allen should become President, AJ Smith as VP/GM and fire Scott Campbell. Bring in Jimmy Raye III to take Scott's place or Dan Morgan. I would rather have Dan but I know Jimmy worked with AJ in San Diego
Old 12-28-2014, 11:13 PM   #26
tc2deuce
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
got my vote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:13 PM   #27
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
As for the front office we know Bruce Allen should become President, AJ Smith as VP/GM and fire Scott Campbell. Bring in Jimmy Raye III to take Scott's place or Dan Morgan. I would rather have Dan but I know Jimmy worked with AJ in San Diego
No, no, anything Jimmy Raye doesn't sound good (even if it's his son).

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-28-2014, 11:18 PM   #28
diehardskin2982

^ Was he terrible in San Diego? I am more for Dan Morgan but I assume that AJ is gonna want some of his own guys...
Old 12-28-2014, 11:50 PM   #29
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Man, what strikes me even more than Dallas having just 1 (and that might end this season, sadly), is how many crap franchises are doing better than we are -- Raiders, Titans, etc. We really don't have anything to brag about. The Patriots are at 19! Gah, we're sooooo far off.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:50 PM   #30
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Damn we need to let the 80's die. Grimm has done nothing recently to indicate he's what we need as an OL coach for the future. No other team digs up old alumni like our fanbase tries to do. Well us and the Raiders, how has that worked for them?

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Closed Thread