Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Draft grades

Locker Room Main Forum


View Poll Results: How would you grade the 2023 Commanders draft?
A 5 10.87%
B 18 39.13%
C 17 36.96%
D 4 8.70%
F 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2023, 09:56 PM   #16
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,161
Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
This is exactly why I gave it a C. Granted, we know nothing right now.
But what we really don't know is wether or not we improved our Oline via the draft. Neither Stromberg nor Daniels are viewed like starters by most outside of Ashburn. I hope those analysts are wrong and Ron and co are right... But even when we were supposed to get studs in Wes Martin and Saadhiq Charles... they ended up not being starting material.


I see none of view really excited about those 2 players (the way some were for Charles ie), it just makes sense because we filled a need. But did we really ? Yeah I guess Oline depth is always a need... Anyway, I'm rambling, let's hope at least one of them turns into a solid starter for us.
I like both guys we drafted for the OL. But it does kind of seem like the Martin through Daniels picks (2-4) were guys that were all bumped up a round by Rivera and Co. They could be right though. Who knows. I think they're all NFL players for 5+ years, but how good they'll be, no clue.

Innocent until proven guilty. Awesome until proven a pumpkin too. So I love this whole draft as of now lol.

__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-01-2023, 10:03 PM   #17
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,794
Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
This is exactly why I gave it a C. Granted, we know nothing right now.
But what we really don't know is wether or not we improved our Oline via the draft. Neither Stromberg nor Daniels are viewed like starters by most outside of Ashburn. I hope those analysts are wrong and Ron and co are right... But even when we were supposed to get studs in Wes Martin and Saadhiq Charles... they ended up not being starting material.

I see none of view really excited about those 2 players (the way some were for Charles ie), it just makes sense because we filled a need. But did we really ? Yeah I guess Oline depth is always a need... Anyway, I'm rambling, let's hope at least one of them turns into a solid starter for us.
Agree here, good points with the Oline. Another thing is they drafted Cosmi to be a solution at Tackle while getting rid of Moses who was as fine at RT as Leno is as at LT, steady, dependable. Now Cosmi is inside playing guard, not his natural position. This is after Ron complete fucked up both guard positions last year with Turner and Norwell…old Panthers.

That’s after losing Schreff and seeing Trent out the door as well.

C
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 10:21 PM   #18
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,161
Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Agree here, good points with the Oline. Another thing is they drafted Cosmi to be a solution at Tackle while getting rid of Moses who was as fine at RT as Leno is as at LT, steady, dependable. Now Cosmi is inside playing guard, not his natural position. This is after Ron complete fucked up both guard positions last year with Turner and Norwell…old Panthers.

That’s after losing Schreff and seeing Trent out the door as well.

C
Roullier is gone. Not needed with Gates and Stromberg. Use that money to sign 2 more OL.

Still lots of time to add to the OL.

But I'm higher on Paul than most. I think he's gonna be solid at LG this year.
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 10:26 PM   #19
rocnrik
Playmaker
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,558
Re: Draft grades

I just hope the new owner realizes that some of the worlds greatest talent evaluators are on this site .😀
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 10:29 PM   #20
jamf
Pro Bowl
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 5,148
Re: Draft grades

F!
They need a QB and didn’t get one.

You can’t win in this league without one.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 11:11 PM   #21
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,161
Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
F!
They need a QB and didn’t get one.

You can’t win in this league without one.
Any grade other than a F was not possible from you. Jamf's opinion on all things Commanders:



His alter-ego even thinks the same.
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 11:14 PM   #22
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,800
Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
F!
They need a QB and didn’t get one.

You can’t win in this league without one.

Nobody in this draft was going to be any better this year than what we got. You want to wait until January to agree that is fine. If Howell doesn’t pan out we got a really good shot at getting someone a lot better. Translation- it was good for now, and the future not to take one. Plus we will have a pretty complete team for Howell, and for whoever might have to play next year.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 11:38 PM   #23
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,161
Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Nobody in this draft was going to be any better this year than what we got. You want to wait until January to agree that is fine. If Howell doesn’t pan out we got a really good shot at getting someone a lot better. Translation- it was good for now, and the future not to take one. Plus we will have a pretty complete team for Howell, and for whoever might have to play next year.
Keep drafting QBs. But if you do draft one, assume he fucking sucks and draft his replacement before finding out if he's good or not.
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 12:07 AM   #24
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,800
Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Keep drafting QBs. But if you do draft one, assume he fucking sucks and draft his replacement before finding out if he's good or not.

Maybe if we talked in hooker? Keep hiring hookers but keep kicking them out of the room for the next one before they even take their clothes off.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 12:13 AM   #25
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,161
Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Maybe if we talked in hooker? Keep hiring hookers but keep kicking them out of the room for the next one before they even take their clothes off.
All our QBs suck and all our hookers don't suck good enough.

Kick all of them out immediately!
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 12:40 AM   #26
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 4,525
Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Agree here, good points with the Oline. Another thing is they drafted Cosmi to be a solution at Tackle while getting rid of Moses who was as fine at RT as Leno is as at LT, steady, dependable. Now Cosmi is inside playing guard, not his natural position. This is after Ron complete fucked up both guard positions last year with Turner and Norwell…old Panthers.



That’s after losing Schreff and seeing Trent out the door as well.



C
Don't forget Ereck Flowers in there. The fact he's out of the league because he and his agent think he deserves more $ than he actually does, does not erase the fact he was playing well for us at LG. Way better than Norwell anyway.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Derz Ambassaderz in the Land of the Rising Sun. Oui Monsieur.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 12:42 AM   #27
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 4,525
Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I like both guys we drafted for the OL. But it does kind of seem like the Martin through Daniels picks (2-4) were guys that were all bumped up a round by Rivera and Co. They could be right though. Who knows. I think they're all NFL players for 5+ years, but how good they'll be, no clue.



Innocent until proven guilty. Awesome until proven a pumpkin too. So I love this whole draft as of now lol.



Those particular players may be innocent until proven guilty, but Ron has a long ass criminal record of mis-evaluating Olinemen...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Derz Ambassaderz in the Land of the Rising Sun. Oui Monsieur.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 12:46 AM   #28
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,161
Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Those particular players may be innocent until proven guilty, but Ron has a long ass criminal record of mis-evaluating Olinemen...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Can't argue this point. He can't even properly evaluate the LB room.
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 03:39 AM   #29
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 57
Posts: 2,147
Re: Draft grades

For me the positives are we addressed the secondary which needed not only starters but turnover machines. Forbes certainly appears both, and Martin looks like a better McCain.

They addressed depth on OL and DE.

But that leads into negatives. We probably should have picked up at least on OL starter at G. Maybe the sum will turnout greater than the parts when it all comes together but its a grey area right now.

And no TE or LB help? Not even in UDFA pickups. Yeah, we've already got starters (is Thomas still starter quality?), but could we have improved with guys available? Judging by other pickups yes. And I agree we were nowhere near aggressive enough in trading for picks, we could have moved back certainly and probably still gotten our guys and maybe even traded bodies for more picks (CY?).

I give it a B because the secondary should no longer be considered a weakness and we have no glaring holes. But we could have done better.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:25 AM   #30
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 17,063
Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I just hope the new owner realizes that some of the worlds greatest talent evaluators are on this site .😀
It's hilarious. It's like everyone here watches tape on these guys while drinking grape Kool Aid.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.13660 seconds with 11 queries