Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2023, 01:14 AM   #181
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,295
Re: Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
How bout that Josh Harris, huh? Seems like a guy that gets it.

Just as a reminder, this is a Josh Harris thread, not a Redskins name discussion thread [politics are absolutely a part of it, another reason to let it go here]. No point of this getting further down the rabbit hole, for a thing that's already done. The name is gone. It's not coming back.

Washington [insert non-Redskins/Commanders name here] playing football at the site of RFK, is football porn. That will be the 2nd best thing to happen to all of us outside of Harris taking over the team.

Yay Josh! He's Magic! He's off the Rales!
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2023, 01:42 AM   #182
PorkSkins
Playmaker
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,974
Re: Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Yay Josh! He's Magic! He's off the Rales!
Well played.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 07:13 AM   #183
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,802
Re: Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Washington [insert non-Redskins/Commanders name here] playing football at the site of RFK, is football porn. That will be the 2nd best thing to happen to all of us outside of Harris taking over the team.
Oh man. Would be all about going back to games if this happened.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 10:40 AM   #184
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 51
Posts: 99,200
Re: Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Why the Commanders' $6 billion bidding war was one Josh Harris had to win

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...harris-had-win
No matter what happens this season, we've already won.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 10:59 AM   #185
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,171
Re: Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
No matter what happens this season, we've already won.
It will be hard to be happy with that on game day if we lose, but it's absolutely true. And definitely something to tell yourself every Monday morning.
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM   #186
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie
 
SkinsGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 553
Re: Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Eunice wasn't the one I met it was a Yaqui in AZ. That said of course they have reason to be mad the non-NA Redskins fans were furious about the change so why shouldn't the NA Redskins fans be as well? And since there were a lot more NA Redskin fans than the 9% of NAs that supported or pushed for the change we now have more angry NAs than we had before over the name.

Oh and yes it was a moral injustice that came from the woke crowd. The name was forced to be changed under an incorrect understanding of the term Redskins how it was used and where it came from, Much of the justification was based on deliberate fabrications or cowardice. An analogy would be a mob hanging an innocent man despite all the evidence showing he was innocent.
Agreed. When I grew up in very rural Northern Michigan in the 80's we had basic television, but only got the Packers and the Lions games. I had some friends that lived at the Keweenaw Bay Indian Community and they had a big old satellite system for the community center. Redskins football was a way of life there, so when the Redskins played, approx. 70% of their community gathered at the community center to watch the game. I was lucky enough to have a standing invitation due to my love of the team and having friends in the community. Everyone there had Redskins gear! If the Redskins lost or someone got injured during the game they flew the Redskins flag and their tribal flag that was right next to it at half mast until the next game day. I know for a fact that most of them are/were extremely pissed about the name change!
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 12:59 PM   #187
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,295
Re: Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
Agreed. When I grew up in very rural Northern Michigan in the 80's we had basic television, but only got the Packers and the Lions games. I had some friends that lived at the Keweenaw Bay Indian Community and they had a big old satellite system for the community center. Redskins football was a way of life there, so when the Redskins played, approx. 70% of their community gathered at the community center to watch the game. I was lucky enough to have a standing invitation due to my love of the team and having friends in the community. Everyone there had Redskins gear! If the Redskins lost or someone got injured during the game they flew the Redskins flag and their tribal flag that was right next to it at half mast until the next game day. I know for a fact that most of them are/were extremely pissed about the name change!
Sad really. Those are the stories we don't hear as much. The ones with those stories just aren't as loud as the woke crowd.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 01:05 PM   #188
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,802
Re: Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

This whole topic reminds me of us men discussing abortion. Now we are discussing the true feelings of Native Americans. Lol.

Yíall really gotta let it go.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 01:07 PM   #189
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,295
Re: Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
This whole topic reminds me of us men discussing abortion. Now we are discussing the true feelings of Native Americans. Lol.

Yíall really gotta let it go.
I think SkinsGuru was simply reminiscing and speaking about what he experienced and witnessed. I think that's fine don't you?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 01:21 PM   #190
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,802
Re: Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I think SkinsGuru was simply reminiscing and speaking about what he experienced and witnessed. I think that's fine don't you?

Itís an open forum. People can say whatever they want.
I am saying i think none of us know what the majority of NAís think and also that talking about the name Redskins is pointless.
I think that is fine and I think what SkinsGuru said is fine. It is the beauty of a discussion.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 01:34 PM   #191
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,295
Re: Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Well for me, and probably many others who grew up watching the Redskins and are life-long fans of the team that represented that name and logo, I don't know if I'll ever say that talking about them or the name is "pointless". It may be to some, but we all have different experiences and make our own choices on how we will proceed now that it is no longer.

I definitely don't know what the "majority" of Native Americans think about all of this, but I don't mind hearing the stories that people have - especially through personal experience.

Anyway - yay Josh!
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 01:46 PM   #192
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,802
Re: Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Well for me, and probably many others who grew up watching the Redskins and are life-long fans of the team that represented that name and logo, I don't know if I'll ever say that talking about them or the name is "pointless". It may be to some, but we all have different experiences and make our own choices on how we will proceed now that it is no longer.

I definitely don't know what the "majority" of Native Americans think about all of this, but I don't mind hearing the stories that people have - especially through personal experience.

Anyway - yay Josh!

Yup. 52 years old Chief. Been a fan since I can remember walking. A lot of relatives from DC. Definitely was/is weird to not be the Redskins. I never thought it was racist or wrong really. Defended it by saying the guy on the helmet was proud etc not like Chief Wahoo. But I find myself now saying what if we had some asian warrior on our helmets and were called the yellowskins? I honestly asked myself that question. It seems wrong to me so my brain overrode my heart and said Redskins is wrong too.
Thatís just my feelings on it and I myself will let it goÖ.again. Lol.

Oh and yes YAY JOSH!!!!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 07:46 PM   #193
VTSkins1961
Special Teams
 
VTSkins1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vermont
Posts: 380
Re: Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

62 here. When I lived in Maryland, when I was 5 or 6 my father and brother and I would listen to the game on the car radio.
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 08:36 PM   #194
nonniey
The Starter
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,378
Re: Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Itís an open forum. People can say whatever they want.
I am saying i think none of us know what the majority of NAís think and also that talking about the name Redskins is pointless.
I think that is fine and I think what SkinsGuru said is fine. It is the beauty of a discussion.
Except we do know what the majority of NAs think on this issue and that is part of why it is was a moral injustice by the woke mob (and yes they are a mob and think like a mob).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 08:52 PM   #195
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,802
Josh Harris finalizes deal to buy Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Except we do know what the majority of NAs think on this issue and that is part of why it is was a moral injustice by the woke mob (and yes they are a mob and think like a mob).

There are roughly 9 million people in this nation that identify as at least partially NA, and neither you or anyone else knows what a majority of them think. For every poll you want to show me that says out of 1000 people surveyed a majority approve, I can show you one that says a majority donít. So your statement is certifiably without basis in fact.

If you want to refer to woke as a mob have at it.
Woke is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination". Beginning in the 2010s, it came to encompass a broader awareness of social inequalities such as racial justice, sexism and LGBT rights.

There are bad apples in every bunch. Rioters, or criminals on both sides. They are known to make generalized statements towards other groups based on nothing other than propaganda. E.G all right wingers are racist, or all those fighting for social equality are thugs, woke mob, etc. Donít be one of those apples. Woke to me simply means being aware of social inequalities. If you think that everyone in this country is treated equally you need to open your ears and eyes. If you want to continue this conversation Ill be happy to in one of the political threads. Yes it is related to the team name but we are really straying into politics at this point. This is supposed to be a celebration of our new owner in here.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34834 seconds with 10 queries