Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2023, 08:32 AM   #151
EdmundDorf
The Starter
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 1,783
Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

Yeah, from my perspective the benefits of keeping Ron and Jack until the end of the season are diminishing rapidly, and the new owners have to have one eye on maximising the boost to the fanbase that the sale ignited. 12 more weeks like this and they could be back to half empty stadiums
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-09-2023, 08:36 AM   #152
EdmundDorf
The Starter
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 1,783
Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

Have none of the beat guys challenged Ron on making his nephew the LB coach? I wasn't even aware of this until now but if I was the new owner this would be a day 1 issue. For all his protestations about wanting to win Ron sure does a lot of favours to friends and family, I am convinced the only reason Scott Turner got the OC job, and kept it way longer than he should, was a favour to his buddy Norv.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 02:11 PM   #153
PorkSkins
Playmaker
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,974
Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Yeah, from my perspective the benefits of keeping Ron and Jack until the end of the season are diminishing rapidly, and the new owners have to have one eye on maximising the boost to the fanbase that the sale ignited.
Concur. Currently, the staff are bordering on lame duck status. The next four games are extremely crucial for the staff IMO.

Quote:
12 more weeks like this and they could be back to half empty stadiums
They shouldn't get twelve more weeks if they flub it up the next four games.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 02:13 PM   #154
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 5,488
Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Yeah, from my perspective the benefits of keeping Ron and Jack until the end of the season are diminishing rapidly, and the new owners have to have one eye on maximising the boost to the fanbase that the sale ignited. 12 more weeks like this and they could be back to half empty stadiums
They have definitely hit their sell by date
__________________
Who does number 2 work for?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 02:13 PM   #155
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie
 
Dlyne8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The ATL
Posts: 571
Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

I want coaching changes as much as everyone else but unless Josh is completely sold on EB being next head coach, he still has to find a GM and whatever head coach takes over they’ll want their own assistants and that all takes time. Just not sure how much immediate success can be expected by firing everyone at this stage of the season. That said, I hope fires every MF’er before sundown lol.
__________________
Charmed your drug addled candor knows no bounds
Dlyne8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 02:28 PM   #156
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,171
Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyne8r View Post
I want coaching changes as much as everyone else but unless Josh is completely sold on EB being next head coach, he still has to find a GM and whatever head coach takes over they’ll want their own assistants and that all takes time. Just not sure how much immediate success can be expected by firing everyone at this stage of the season. That said, I hope fires every MF’er before sundown lol.
It's not about having immediate success imo, it's about not having to look at that stupid fucking look on Rivera's face anymore.

JDR is also doing as an amazing job as possible of doing less w/ more. No way our defense is this bad with a DC from this century.

If fired, just give the interim job to the guy w/ the most seniority on the staff with the clear message this is just interim. It would still be a nice raise for the rest of the year, so i'm sure that person would take it.

Rivera be on the sidelines during games like:

__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 02:31 PM   #157
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: UNITED STATES
Age: 37
Posts: 35,895
Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson
With the #Commanders coming off a 40-20 loss last week to the #Bears on TNF, I'm told as of today*, managing partner Josh Harris' perspective is to continue to allow things to play out when it comes to potential staff decisions, at this time, per source. Harris is a seasoned sports owner who is viewed internally as generally patient. I'm told one of Harris' biggest concerns now though is the impact an emotional national loss may have on ticket sales--which always has to be taken into account too. Separately, when it comes to any decisions on defensive coordinator, there's an internal impression that Ron Rivera would prefer to allow things to play out. Rivera's relationship with Del Rio goes back a while as well. A natural choice to potentially look to in the past, Chris Harris (the Commanders DB coach from 2020-2022), is now the #Titans DPGC and CB coach which factors into the equation moving forward as well. My understanding overall is that Harris does welcome consul from other owners and also understands that early searches can be beneficial if he elects to go that route, but moves like that customarily* occur closer to the beginning of the coaching carousel. Now, while I'm told some of the other limited partners have their own thoughts--and you can read between the lines there-- we'll see how things settle as the season evolves. There is still time for better results, but the clock is ticking.
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 02:33 PM   #158
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,171
Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson
With the #Commanders coming off a 40-20 loss last week to the #Bears on TNF, I'm told as of today*, managing partner Josh Harris' perspective is to continue to allow things to play out when it comes to potential staff decisions, at this time, per source. Harris is a seasoned sports owner who is viewed internally as generally patient. I'm told one of Harris' biggest concerns now though is the impact an emotional national loss may have on ticket sales--which always has to be taken into account too. Separately, when it comes to any decisions on defensive coordinator, there's an internal impression that Ron Rivera would prefer to allow things to play out. Rivera's relationship with Del Rio goes back a while as well. A natural choice to potentially look to in the past, Chris Harris (the Commanders DB coach from 2020-2022), is now the #Titans DPGC and CB coach which factors into the equation moving forward as well. My understanding overall is that Harris does welcome consul from other owners and also understands that early searches can be beneficial if he elects to go that route, but moves like that customarily* occur closer to the beginning of the coaching carousel. Now, while I'm told some of the other limited partners have their own thoughts--and you can read between the lines there-- we'll see how things settle as the season evolves. There is still time for better results, but the clock is ticking.
Magic wants those fuckers fired yesterday.
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 02:38 PM   #159
PorkSkins
Playmaker
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,974
Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Magic wants those fuckers fired yesterday.
You took the words right outta my mouth. Magic Johnson is a winner through and through, as well as a businessman. I suspect he's not gonna tolerate this BS much longer, and probably was ready to pull the plug after last Thursday's debacle.

The next two to four weeks is imperative for this staff.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 04:43 PM   #160
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 15,160
Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/...67mzo94udmdqfb
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 04:55 PM   #161
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,802
Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

He lost his fastball years ago when he was in Carolina.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 05:25 PM   #162
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 5,488
Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Lol oh Ron a wordsmith he will never be.
__________________
Who does number 2 work for?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 10:51 PM   #163
Meks
Pro Bowl
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 38
Posts: 5,339
Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

Writing is on the wall, shits clear as day as RR and JDR keep stealing money from the franchise. If Harris is to blind to see it I hope he gets his fucking eyes checked soon if this disgrace keeps up.
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 03:41 AM   #164
EdmundDorf
The Starter
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 1,783
Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyne8r View Post
I want coaching changes as much as everyone else but unless Josh is completely sold on EB being next head coach, he still has to find a GM and whatever head coach takes over they’ll want their own assistants and that all takes time. Just not sure how much immediate success can be expected by firing everyone at this stage of the season. That said, I hope fires every MF’er before sundown lol.
Obviously from a pragmatic perspective you are correct, but in many ways that is one of the principle failures of Ron and Jack, there is not a single assistant/position coach on defense who is capable of taking over, even temporarily, which means JDR has no one to lean on in terms of fixing what is wrong. It is completely on JDR because of the friends and family coaching staff policy they have. You cant bring in a new DC from outside without blowing up the whole scheme mid season. Personally, I would look at alternatives/additions/assistants to position coaches, bring in some coaches who they know can teach good fundamentals. Hell, London Fletcher is already working for the team, I would guess he knows a hell of a lot more about playing LB than Rons nephew
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 11:16 AM   #165
PorkSkins
Playmaker
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,974
Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

https://twitter.com/LetMualTellit/st...iKiA0mvBQ&s=19
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.24734 seconds with 11 queries