The Playoff Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-23-2022, 07:55 AM   #286
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: The Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
When Rodgers has to play the 49ers in the playoffs, he folds. Every fucking time, he folds.

He has 1 super bowl because he's lucky to have 1.
He has not played well in post season. He is the bizzaro Brett Farve. Smart but no gumption.

I also knew ST was going to eventually cost them a game this season. How Mo Drayton hasn't been fired before playoffs is beyond me.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-23-2022, 10:01 AM   #287
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
We’d have to pay Rodgers 40M a year… would you do that?

Absolutely not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2022, 10:04 AM   #288
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
When Rodgers has to play the 49ers in the playoffs, he folds. Every fucking time, he folds.

He has 1 super bowl because he's lucky to have 1.

When he was drafted and asked whether he regretted that the team he grew up rooting for, the 49ers, didn’t draft him, he responded by saying not as much as they will regret not drafting him. Garroplo has his second win against Rodgers in as many tries. Ooops.

Old 01-23-2022, 10:53 AM   #289
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
We’d have to pay Rodgers 40M a year… would you do that?
If we could get the MVP of the league here for the next 3-4 years I would. Rodgers makes this team division champs and maybe even first round bye. Nobody from the North would be contenders. The West is tough but they will beat up each other. The Bucs will be tough as long as Brady is there.
Old 01-23-2022, 11:02 AM   #290
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Only watched the games this morning (out last night and sf v GB) started at 01:15 AM here. Got to say I may go 0-4 on predictions this weekend, but I'm not complaining so far, with 2 tight games.

Have to say, I thought the Titans looked different team to their regular season form. They looked lost. And Tannehill, while not the sole cause for the loss, did himself no favours. Their play calling was dubious and at the start and end of the game they were flat as a pancake. Surprising for a Vrabel team, though I can't say I agree wiht hte decision to go for 2; to me, in a close game like that you take the 'easy' point and kick off with a lead. Cincy deserved to win, but had the Titans played 10% better they'd have won that.

I can't see how the 49ers or GB deserved to be in the championship game, let alone the SB, the way they played last night. I wouldn't put that loss on Rodgers; yes he didn't have an outstanding game, but their ST's stank and the D couldn't make a play when it counted. Agree with Baltimore, if their ST coach isn't fired Monday what does it take? 49ers have been lucky 2 games in a row to come up against very good offenses that suddenly misfired. Yes their D is very good, but aside from Kittle and Samuel, their O isn't championship class. Jimmy G yet again carried by everyone around him, instead of the other way around. He was lucky with some of those bad throws; any other day and he'd be looking at a 3 pick stat line, probably with 1 or 2 pick 6's.

Now looking forward to being wrong again and seeing the Buccs and Bills win later.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:10 AM   #291
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I have a better chance of hitting Powerball than AR coming to DC. I don't want him anyway. He is still a great QB, maybe the most gifted thrower we have ever seen, but just something seems off w/ the guy. His is just not the kind of guy you really root for. He's estranged from his own family, then he lied about the Covid thing. He is just an overall smug dickhead.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:22 AM   #292
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I have a better chance of hitting Powerball than AR coming to DC. I don't want him anyway. He is still a great QB, maybe the most gifted thrower we have ever seen, but just something seems off w/ the guy. His is just not the kind of guy you really root for. He's estranged from his own family, then he lied about the Covid thing. He is just an overall smug dickhead.

Completely agree. In fact, I now root against him and was happy at last night’s result. If we go after a vet, I’d want Wilson. Watson has his own considerable issues and I don’t think any of the other vets (Trubisky, Mariota) are worth signing.

Old 01-23-2022, 11:57 AM   #293
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Aaron Rodgers thought he was going to the Super Bowl but it was just a false positive.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:32 PM   #294
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Nice. When asked pre game about his loses to SF in the past he said not a problem I’ve been immunized
Old 01-23-2022, 12:57 PM   #295
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

SF has now made the NFCCG in 5 of 11 seasons.

That’s pretty damn good
Old 01-23-2022, 02:07 PM   #296
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
SF has now made the NFCCG in 5 of 11 seasons.

That’s pretty damn good
On paper we have a solid OL, more talented DL and yet this team is always underperforming. What this team needs is an aggressive young defensive coordinator who can bring out the best of our D, especially our secondary and LB’s.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 02:54 PM   #297
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Fair enough … exactly my thoughts about Watson x10 ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 03:02 PM   #298
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Brady is so god damn lucky. It generally happens that some team usually has the game of their life against a top seed team and beats them out. Then they go on to play Brady's team and come back down to earth allowing Brady to escape having to play the better team. Happened a lot during his days in NE and most likely will happen with the 49ers. Anybody think the 49ers play that good again? Nope.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 03:32 PM   #299
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie

So, Suh is still a moron...
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 05:39 PM   #300
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Rams are trying to blow this. Brady playing like shit and they still in this game.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote