Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Fantasy Football

Old 06-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Well Yahoo has already opened up their FF registrations and my first draft is July 30th for a winners league which sux because its way to early imo. Im coming off a bad season, won 1 of 5 leagues and finished 9th in my pay league (which Ive never finished out of the money). I'm opening camp early this year and gotta coach my guys up in order return to imaginary football stats dominance.

Lots of questions going into the year. First a ton of coaching changes which will affect the offenses and therefore some players value(biggest ones: Norv cordinator in Cleveland, Reid in KC, Trestman in Chicago, Arians in Arizona). The evolution of the zone read option which brings more stats to QB position as more QB hybrid into a RB role. Lotta new RBs will get opportunities to start this year as well.

My first rankings of the top twenty players in non PPR format:

1. Peterson
2. Doug Martin
3. Megatron
4. CJ Spiller
5. M. Lynch
6. Foster
7. McCoy
8. Jamal Charles
9. AJ Green
10. Ray Rice
11. Julio Jones
12. Aaron Rodgers
13. Richardson
14. Brandon Marshall
15. Demarylius Thomas
16. Jimmy Graham
17. Drew Brees
18. Stephen Jackson
19. Alfmo
20. Dez Bryant

What do you think?

Who are your sleepers? Especially at RB?

Give me your top ten.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
scowan
The Starter

Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

I can't give you top 10 at RB, but I will give you my #1 strategy for this year, and that's "wait on a QB". I won my league last year drafting Megatron early. I am in a Keeper league and a lot of the good RBs are kept each year so my draft is a little unusual, so other positions get drafted earlier than normal in my league, but I think getting good RBs and WRs early is key this year. Now that there are RG3s and Russell Wilsons and Cam Newtons, the drop in stats is not that big from the top 3 or 4 QBs to the next tier. Yes, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Manning are studs, but at some point one of these young guys with their rushing stats are going to overtake the top 3 guys or at least make the stat discrepency between the top and the next tier not as great. However, I had Megatron AND A.J Green last year and that consistency each week helped me win my championship. My RBs were Lynch (keeper) Ridley, and McGahee, (later Moreno). I drafted Peyton Manning in round 4 with his question marks and it paid off. I think Brady's stats drop off this year and even with Welker joining Manning, is hard to see him improving. Maybe he will, but I think there are some young QBs with more upside.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
MTK
\m/

Hard to believe it's getting to that time already, but I guess I better fire up the WP leagues soon.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
Meks
Pro Bowl

haven't done a warpath league yet, but should this year.. i'll look for a thread or something.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
Ruhskins
Living Legend

My big question for this year, I get to keep two out of these three players: Brees, McCoy, and AJ Green...which two will I keep?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Green is an easy pick.

Its tough not hold onto Brees. Over the last 5 years he's the touchdown and yardage leader.

How will McCoy adapt to new system/new coach? Ive already heard Brown his backup will be getting significant touches.

He Gets Us
Old 06-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
I can't give you top 10 at RB, but I will give you my #1 strategy for this year, and that's "wait on a QB". I won my league last year drafting Megatron early. I am in a Keeper league and a lot of the good RBs are kept each year so my draft is a little unusual, so other positions get drafted earlier than normal in my league, but I think getting good RBs and WRs early is key this year. Now that there are RG3s and Russell Wilsons and Cam Newtons, the drop in stats is not that big from the top 3 or 4 QBs to the next tier. Yes, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Manning are studs, but at some point one of these young guys with their rushing stats are going to overtake the top 3 guys or at least make the stat discrepency between the top and the next tier not as great. However, I had Megatron AND A.J Green last year and that consistency each week helped me win my championship. My RBs were Lynch (keeper) Ridley, and McGahee, (later Moreno). I drafted Peyton Manning in round 4 with his question marks and it paid off. I think Brady's stats drop off this year and even with Welker joining Manning, is hard to see him improving. Maybe he will, but I think there are some young QBs with more upside.
My absolute biggest mistake in my leagues last year was ignoring the QB position (second was drafting Macfadden in 2 leagues). I usually use your strategy.

My #1 rule is never take a QB first round.

2nd is dont take injury prone players which I broke with taking D-MC twice. I just thought after his dominant preseason he was going to have his best year...big time wrong and he got injuried again. So even though I love Percey Harvin as a player...you wont see him on any of my teams.

3rd rule is always draft a Kicker in the last round.

He Gets Us
Old 06-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #8
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I have some tough decisions to make as I play in a 4 player keeper league and at this point, only see two real keepers.
Brady ( have owned him for 10 years now but has NO ONE to throw to)
Morris ( drafted him late last year, KEEPER!)
Brandon Marshall (looks like he's finally found a home, another keeper)
Mendenhall ( reunites w/ his old OC )
Moreno ( came on strong after Magehee got hurt )
Aaron Hernandez ( have owned for the last two years but he may never play again)
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #9
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
My big question for this year, I get to keep two out of these three players: Brees, McCoy, and AJ Green...which two will I keep?
I think you have to hold on to Brees because he's going to get 5,000 yards and 30+ TD's He's one of the elite QB's that you have to keep. And I would keep McCoy over Green because he can get your both running and receiving TD's, plus he won't come off the field. Green is a stud but I think WR's are the easist position to find diamonds in the rough.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #10
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Well Yahoo has already opened up their FF registrations and my first draft is July 30th for a winners league which sux because its way to early imo. Im coming off a bad season, won 1 of 5 leagues and finished 9th in my pay league (which Ive never finished out of the money). I'm opening camp early this year and gotta coach my guys up in order return to imaginary football stats dominance.

Lots of questions going into the year. First a ton of coaching changes which will affect the offenses and therefore some players value(biggest ones: Norv cordinator in Cleveland, Reid in KC, Trestman in Chicago, Arians in Arizona). The evolution of the zone read option which brings more stats to QB position as more QB hybrid into a RB role. Lotta new RBs will get opportunities to start this year as well.

My first rankings of the top twenty players in non PPR format:

1. Peterson
2. Doug Martin
3. Megatron
4. CJ Spiller
5. M. Lynch
6. Foster
7. McCoy
8. Jamal Charles
9. AJ Green
10. Ray Rice
11. Julio Jones
12. Aaron Rodgers
13. Richardson
14. Brandon Marshall
15. Demarylius Thomas
16. Jimmy Graham
17. Drew Brees
18. Stephen Jackson
19. Alfmo
20. Dez Bryant

What do you think?

Who are your sleepers? Especially at RB?

Give me your top ten.
C'mon Chico. You have Trent Richardson over Morris???? Gotta get Morris up there a little more and show some respect!
Old 06-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
skinsfan69
Living Legend

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1013212]Green is an easy pick.

Its tough not hold onto Brees. Over the last 5 years he's the touchdown and yardage leader.

How will McCoy adapt to new system/new coach? Ive already heard Brown his backup will be getting significant touches.[/QUOTE]

I think McCoy will thrive in the new offense as he's a perfect fit for it. Brown was solid last year but simply does not have McCoy's all around skill set.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
C'mon Chico. You have Trent Richardson over Morris???? Gotta get Morris up there a little more and show some respect!
I have a funny thing about skins on my fantasy team...i dont like to pick them on my squad personally.

But im factoring in the Shanny effect here. Shanny falls in love with other RBs too often in the past. I think he could be slightly higher, as we watch camp id probably move him up right behind Trent.

The Norv effect on Richardson could move him as the top back in the league, but I do worry bout little injuries keeping him out.

He Gets Us
Old 06-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

[quote=skinsfan69;1013228]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Green is an easy pick.

How will McCoy adapt to new system/new coach? Ive already heard Brown his backup will be getting significant touches.[/QUOTE]

I think McCoy will thrive in the new offense as he's a perfect fit for it. Brown was solid last year but simply does not have McCoy's all around skill set.
Brown puts the ball on the ground too much as well. Chip not gonna like that. I think Chip's biggest probablem this year is QB play. It could hold the entire offense back.

He Gets Us
Old 06-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #14
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Hard to believe it's getting to that time already, but I guess I better fire up the WP leagues soon.

i'm in this yr
Old 06-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #15
Mechanix544
The Starter

Im deploying to afghanistan in two days, so my spot in the money league will be open......
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote