Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2023, 10:09 AM   #3241
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,270
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

https://youtu.be/UsXjAKloRgY?si=DQo35AE17eFEGwkp

Nothing is gonna come of this but finally we have a little more background on causes that Mike Johnson supports.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2023, 10:08 PM   #3242
nonniey
The Starter
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,443
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Lots of grave dancing by both MAGA and the Dems tonight.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 02:32 AM   #3243
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,556
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

That's just fucking stupid.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 08:41 AM   #3244
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 5,489
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
https://youtu.be/UsXjAKloRgY?si=DQo35AE17eFEGwkp

Nothing is gonna come of this but finally we have a little more background on causes that Mike Johnson supports.
This is my response to Mikey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftUR6AFTNMA
__________________
Who does number 2 work for?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 09:00 AM   #3245
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,556
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Arizona ..............gotta love it.

https://www.nydailynews.com/2023/11/...ochise-county/

Arizona election officials who refused to certify 2022 results charged with conspiracy


November 29, 2023 at 6:04 p.m.
Two rural Arizona election officials who attempted to block the 2022 results have been charged with crimes, Arizona’s attorney general announced Wednesday.

Peggy Judd, 61, and Tom Crosby, 64, were charged with conspiracy and interfering with an election officer.

“The repeated attempts to undermine our democracy are unacceptable,” Attorney General Kim Mayes said in a statement. “I took an oath to uphold the rule of law, and my office will continue to enforce Arizona’s elections laws and support our election officials as they carry out the duties and responsibilities of their offices.”

Following the elections in November 2022, Judd and Crosby refused to certify the results, even though no one was disputing them. They instead aligned with conspiracy theorists who doubted electronic voting machines.

Judd and Crosby’s refusal led to procedural fights with statewide officials, which resulted in a court ordering Judd and Crosby to do their jobs. The county supervisors later met and voted 2-0 to certify the results. Crosby didn’t show up.

“They keep telling us, ‘That’s illegal. You’re gonna go to jail,’ but it hasn’t been so, you know, law is up to interpretation. Only the judge in the end can say,” Judd told the Daily Beast days before backing down and voting to certify.

The two supervisors have peddled COVID vaccine conspiracies and election fraud conspiracies in the past. Judd was in attendance at the Jan. 6, 2021 riot at the U.S. Capitol that attempted to prevent Joe Biden’s electoral victory. She claimed she didn’t go inside the building.

“I didn’t think there was anything weird about marching on the Capitol,” she told the Tucson Sentinel later that month. “I kind of almost felt like it was equal to the Martin Luther King march.”
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 09:13 AM   #3246
nonniey
The Starter
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,443
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Arizona ..............gotta love it.

https://www.nydailynews.com/2023/11/...ochise-county/

Arizona election officials who refused to certify 2022 results charged with conspiracy


November 29, 2023 at 6:04 p.m.
Two rural Arizona election officials who attempted to block the 2022 results have been charged with crimes, Arizona’s attorney general announced Wednesday.

Peggy Judd, 61, and Tom Crosby, 64, were charged with conspiracy and interfering with an election officer.

“The repeated attempts to undermine our democracy are unacceptable,” Attorney General Kim Mayes said in a statement. “I took an oath to uphold the rule of law, and my office will continue to enforce Arizona’s elections laws and support our election officials as they carry out the duties and responsibilities of their offices.”

Following the elections in November 2022, Judd and Crosby refused to certify the results, even though no one was disputing them. They instead aligned with conspiracy theorists who doubted electronic voting machines.

Judd and Crosby’s refusal led to procedural fights with statewide officials, which resulted in a court ordering Judd and Crosby to do their jobs. The county supervisors later met and voted 2-0 to certify the results. Crosby didn’t show up.

“They keep telling us, ‘That’s illegal. You’re gonna go to jail,’ but it hasn’t been so, you know, law is up to interpretation. Only the judge in the end can say,” Judd told the Daily Beast days before backing down and voting to certify.

The two supervisors have peddled COVID vaccine conspiracies and election fraud conspiracies in the past. Judd was in attendance at the Jan. 6, 2021 riot at the U.S. Capitol that attempted to prevent Joe Biden’s electoral victory. She claimed she didn’t go inside the building.

“I didn’t think there was anything weird about marching on the Capitol,” she told the Tucson Sentinel later that month. “I kind of almost felt like it was equal to the Martin Luther King march.”
From my little town too.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 09:15 AM   #3247
nonniey
The Starter
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,443
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
That's just fucking stupid.
Just something They actually had in common and yes, it's stupid.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 02:33 PM   #3248
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,949
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

George Santos hasn’t been booted yet? Go Republican controlled House Go. You bunch of maga slaves.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 10:34 PM   #3249
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,879
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

I see Ronny D embarrassed Newsome tonight.
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 12:05 AM   #3250
nonniey
The Starter
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,443
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I see Ronny D embarrassed Newsome tonight.
Low bar. I didn't watch, but DeSantis just had to point out he was right in his decisions when it came to COVID while Newsome was catastrophically wrong.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 08:32 AM   #3251
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,556
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I see Ronny D embarrassed Newsome tonight.
So you watched 2 Governors cry about each other and neither one is going to be president. Niki is the rising Republican star.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 08:58 AM   #3252
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,879
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Low bar. I didn't watch, but DeSantis just had to point out he was right in his decisions when it came to COVID while Newsome was catastrophically wrong.
If you like a talk about actual policy differences, this was the debate for you. Newsome tried to make it about bullshit with his Kamala remark, but it didn’t work.

DeSantis went thru California policies under Newsome comparing to policies in Florida…it was an ass kicking.
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 09:30 AM   #3253
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,556
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If you like a talk about actual policy differences, this was the debate for you. Newsome tried to make it about bullshit with his Kamala remark, but it didn’t work.

DeSantis went thru California policies under Newsome comparing to policies in Florida…it was an ass kicking.
No, not even close more like .........


__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 09:42 AM   #3254
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,556
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
George Santos hasn’t been booted yet? Go Republican controlled House Go. You bunch of maga slaves.
It's a sin.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 10:15 AM   #3255
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 5,489
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If you like a talk about actual policy differences, this was the debate for you. Newsome tried to make it about bullshit with his Kamala remark, but it didn’t work.

DeSantis went thru California policies under Newsome comparing to policies in Florida…it was an ass kicking.
I didn't watch it but if what you say is true then Newsome did a piss poor job. DeSantis has some of the worst policies he has pushed through:

Highest teen suicide rates because of his laws? Check
Biggest loss of biodiversity because of poor land use and exotic animal laws? Check
Lack of home owners insurance options? Check
Refusal to deal with climate change? Check
Giving money to terrorist Saudi states and refusing to support local businesses? Check

A trained monkey could put DeSantis in his place so Newsome must be inept. In the end though Newsome is probably the winner he doesn't have to wake up the next morning realizing he is DeSantis
__________________
Who does number 2 work for?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.15841 seconds with 10 queries