Sua Cravens

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #181
metalskins
The Starter

Re: Sua Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I usually don't post unfounded bullshit, but my brain came up with this little crazy conspiracy theory this morning.

1) Redskins and Broncos have been discussing Su'a Cravens. Su'a hired Peter Schaffer, a Denver based agent. No trade has been consummated yet.

2) Broncos have the 5th pick in the draft. They definitely could look at QB. But they did just sign Keenum.

3) Redskins are unabashedly discussing their desire to solve the RB position in this draft.

Could it be, just could it be, that Cravens has been discussed as a possible part of a trade to be consummated on draft day, such that if Saquon Barkley makes it to 5 where the Broncos will be on the clock, then the Redskins will ship Cravens and the 13th plus whatever else to Denver, for the right to move up to 5 and take Saquon.

Reminder this is unfounded bullshit. Do not take this seriously as anything more than spit in the wind. I'm not even sure I'd want this deal, I just found it curious that Cravens has been discussed and that we're basically broadcasting that we intend to do something at RB.
Interesting situation. I would not be upset in getting Saquon Barkley, but again, I like more "swings at the bat", so I hope the Cravens trade winds up just being added draft picks, albeit not just 7th round picks. They need to pony up something better than that IMO!

Advertisements
Old 03-22-2018, 12:05 PM   #182
Schneed10
A Dude

I think I'm with you. We have needs at a number of other spots such that more swings of the bat is almost always the best solution.

But Barkley's skill set is definitely every bit as good as Adrian Peterson's was coming out of college. He's about as sure a thing as we've seen coming out of college. He would immediately become the guy every team has to game plan around when they faced us. That's definitely worth quite a bit. I think if we were to trade up, he would be the only guy I'd accept as potentially worth it, even though I'd prefer more swings of the bat.

I want to be careful that this idea doesn't get any legs as a rumor. It's just a fan's thought on a website.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #183
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I usually don't post unfounded bullshit, but my brain came up with this little crazy conspiracy theory this morning.

1) Redskins and Broncos have been discussing Su'a Cravens. Su'a hired Peter Schaffer, a Denver based agent. No trade has been consummated yet.

2) Broncos have the 5th pick in the draft. They definitely could look at QB. But they did just sign Keenum.

3) Redskins are unabashedly discussing their desire to solve the RB position in this draft.

Could it be, just could it be, that Cravens has been discussed as a possible part of a trade to be consummated on draft day, such that if Saquon Barkley makes it to 5 where the Broncos will be on the clock, then the Redskins will ship Cravens and the 13th plus whatever else to Denver, for the right to move up to 5 and take Saquon.

Reminder this is unfounded bullshit. Do not take this seriously as anything more than spit in the wind. I'm not even sure I'd want this deal, I just found it curious that Cravens has been discussed and that we're basically broadcasting that we intend to do something at RB.
You are better off staying away from unfounded BS. This is a terrible idea.
Barkeley, no matter how good, doesn't solve our needs at NT, or LG. maybe if it were a year where we had an abundance of picks like Cleveland does this year, than maybe, but barring Denver taking Sua for our 1st and 2 - 7ths, we need our picks more than Barkeley.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #184
Schneed10
A Dude

I mean imagine the RPO threat this offense becomes if Saquon is the running threat. Smith ran RPOs with great success in KC and Gruden has stated he wants to incorporate some of it.

If Saquon is the guy threating the defense on the ground, I can guarantee they're crashing to him more often than not.

So bubble out Paul Richardson on a RPO bubble screen - if the defense crashes to Saquon get it outside to Richardson and let him break it to the house. With Trent as athletic as he is, you could send him out to wipe out one of the DBs.

Or stack your WRs to the right, put Jordan Reed wide to the left by his lonesome, and send Saquon to the side with all the WRs. If the defense crashes to Saquon, throw an out to Reed and let him try to win the one-on-one and take one to the house.

I can picture it so clearly in my head that it's making me feel like he's already a Redskin. I need to splash some cold water on my face.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:12 PM   #185
MTK
\m/

It’s fun to think about, but I’d be fine with guys like Guice, Chubb, Johnson, etc
Old 03-22-2018, 12:19 PM   #186
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
You are better off staying away from unfounded BS. This is a terrible idea.
Barkeley, no matter how good, doesn't solve our needs at NT, or LG. maybe if it were a year where we had an abundance of picks like Cleveland does this year, than maybe, but barring Denver taking Sua for our 1st and 2 - 7ths, we need our picks more than Barkeley.
You're right, but you're also no fun.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:27 PM   #187
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Time for some salary cap updates isn't it???

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:42 PM   #188
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Time for some salary cap updates isn't it???

Fair

Old 03-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #189
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
I mean imagine the RPO threat this offense becomes if Saquon is the running threat. Smith ran RPOs with great success in KC and Gruden has stated he wants to incorporate some of it.

If Saquon is the guy threating the defense on the ground, I can guarantee they're crashing to him more often than not.

So bubble out Paul Richardson on a RPO bubble screen - if the defense crashes to Saquon get it outside to Richardson and let him break it to the house. With Trent as athletic as he is, you could send him out to wipe out one of the DBs.

Or stack your WRs to the right, put Jordan Reed wide to the left by his lonesome, and send Saquon to the side with all the WRs. If the defense crashes to Saquon, throw an out to Reed and let him try to win the one-on-one and take one to the house.

I can picture it so clearly in my head that it's making me feel like he's already a Redskin. I need to splash some cold water on my face.
Yea totally. He is the missing piece who would improve every aspect of the offense and it would bleed over to assisting the D as well in time of possession.

My gut reaction is pretty much the same as yours.

When logic comes back into the thought process, my biggest concerns are the cost of the trade, it would probably be expensive and the short length of RB careers generally. High cost and short career don't add up to good value.

That being said, he is the unique talent that makes such a consideration necessary.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:45 AM   #190
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

So Denver’s trade for former Washington safety Su’a Cravens involves five draft picks, but the main one is a fifth-round pick that is going to the Redskins.

Cravens to Denver official per Espn
Old 03-28-2018, 11:48 AM   #191
WillH
The Starter

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...338046464?s=19

I guess that's about what I expected, probably a 4th round value overall, haven't checked the chart yet though.

It sucks how this all went down, but was probably a necessary move at this point. At least we got something.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2018, 11:50 AM   #192
GridIron26
Playmaker

I don't like that deal..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:50 AM   #193
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Basically for a 5th rounder which is what was expected
Old 03-28-2018, 11:57 AM   #194
skinsfan69
Living Legend

So they're moving up in the 4th and 5th rounds and getting back a 5th rounder?? That seems like a good deal. They felt Cravens could not come back here so they had to get something for him and they did. They're plenty of good players in the 5th round.

Cravens doesn't love football. Period. He'd rather be a drama queen than play football.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:04 PM   #195
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Basically for a 5th rounder which is what was expected
Looked up on the draft value chart and it's a very late 4th round equivalent.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk