Fans at Fed Ex

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-17-2020, 07:18 PM   #16
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
That is the risk you take if you decide to go to a game. If you want or need to stay home then do so.

The piece was written to spread more fear, which is what the media has been doing for 6 months straight.

If you get on an airplane there's a risk that it can crash. When you get in your car you know there's a risk that someone is texting while driving and can rear end you.
Spot on

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2020, 07:30 PM   #17
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Follow who’s advice ?? For every so called expert that says one thing I can show you other experts that Say different .. how come nobody has the regular FLU ?? There are more people that are gonna die because of non treatment of cancer and other serious health issues because they could not see a Dr.. so some guy had covid but was well enough to attend football game ??? My bet is over half the people on this forum would test positive ... even the test are suspect ... you do realize that out of the 200,000 thousand that died ..less than 10,000 died from covid only .. the rest of the deaths were other serious health issues that combined with covid resulted in death ... these are facts !! live your life ..

Im trying to live my life, and the sooner everyone follows the “doctors” and “scientists “ advice the sooner I can do that. FACT is Covid has killed 200,000 people- regardless of underlying conditions - FACT is those people wouldn’t have died if not for covid. Does it make it better that they had an underlying issue and covid took it over the top? FACT is it is killing more people and infecting more people in this country than almost any other. How many people have you heard that survived it saying “it is no fuckin joke” that we’re talking about this like it is the flu BEFORE they got it?
Why doesn’t anyone have the regular flu? Because we are barely out of August. Lol. FACT is It hasn’t been flu season since the pandemic started. Get back to me in a few weeks on that one.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:33 PM   #18
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
That is the risk you take if you decide to go to a game. If you want or need to stay home then do so.

The piece was written to spread more fear, which is what the media has been doing for 6 months straight.

If you get on an airplane there's a risk that it can crash. When you get in your car you know there's a risk that someone is texting while driving and can rear end you.
We've been saying that for 8 months and yet the numbers haven't exactly gone down to manageable levels. If only there was some sort of trusted expert we could all turn to for advice on how to stop the spread.

FYI, driving a car is more risky than flying in an airplane. Anyways, I really wouldn't have a problem with limited capacity at sporting events if we could all just agree the bare fucking minimum you can do is wear a mask in public places. But this country is so goddamn lazy and literally everything has to be politicized so goddamn much we can't even agree on that.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:35 PM   #19
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Im trying to live my life, and the sooner everyone follows the “doctors” and “scientists “ advice the sooner I can do that. FACT is Covid has killed 200,000 people- regardless of underlying conditions - FACT is those people wouldn’t have died if not for covid. Does it make it better that they had an underlying issue and covid took it over the top? FACT is it is killing more people and infecting more people in this country than almost any other. How many people have you heard that survived it saying “it is no fuckin joke” that we’re talking about this like it is the flu BEFORE they got it?
Why doesn’t anyone have the regular flu? Because we are barely out of August. Lol. FACT is It hasn’t been flu season since the pandemic started. Get back to me in a few weeks on that one.
Didn't you hear Punch? Those people with underlying issues were bound to die anyways, fuck 'em. We're in the new age, it's every man for himself. Let the weak die.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:50 PM   #20
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Didn't you hear Punch? Those people with underlying issues were bound to die anyways, fuck 'em. We're in the new age, it's every man for himself. Let the weak die.

Thanks for reminding me, I don’t know wtf I was thinking.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:10 PM   #21
rocnrik
Playmaker

As usual a few of you twist it all around ... nobody said a damn thing about not giving a crap about others .. what I said was the facts and listed them .. I responded to the statement that 200,000 have died from covid ... that’s not actually true( there were other health issues involved)so how is telling the truth not caring about others ? I wear a damn mask .. for what good it does .. I watched Coaches wear a mask the whole game then take it off and go hug players at end of game ??? A mask does nothing if you don’t wash your hands like after touching anything ... how about the people who wear mask in there car by themselves ...this chat site should be renamed the punch and mooby show 😀 30,000 post between them and counting .....
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:31 PM   #22
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Fans at Fed Ex

Thanks for noticing
I believe this is 30,001 lol.

The point Mooby was trying to make was that regardless of why COVID killed them - due to an underlying issue or not - shouldn’t matter? The “weak” people are expendable is how your post sounded. Did anyone say you don’t give a shit about others. Not even close. I personally believe you are not considering the consequences of us just living our lives and getting used to the virus or however you put it exactly. Thats how it spreads. Thats how people with underlying conditions that would otherwise still be with us - die.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:44 PM   #23
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Fans belong in the stands period. It can be done correctly
Coming from the same guy who wants to throw kids and teachers under the bus, .......that's pretty funny.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:57 PM   #24
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Go no fans or full fans. These halfway things are just to save face. I've watched pretty much every Braves game this year and you get used to no fans. Don't even really notice anymore.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:02 PM   #25
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Go no fans or full fans. These halfway things are just to save face. I've watched pretty much every Braves game this year and you get used to no fans. Don't even really notice anymore.

Hockey looked cool with whatever they had going on in the background, though there is nothing better than playoff hockey crowds. Did miss that. I like the fake noise of baseball and of football. Well its better than no noise. One thing I cannot get used to is the fake giant heads.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:10 PM   #26
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
A portion of those 200,000 would have died from their conditions and likely a good percentage, but who can know since its all fluid. At 53 and somewhat overweight I got Covid. And guess what - I survived, didnt ever need to go to the hospital, and was feeling truly under the weather for 2 days. I was tired for about a week. That's it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:11 PM   #27
rocnrik
Playmaker

I actually maybe crazy .. but not having the fans in the stand last Sunday helped Washington!! Can you imagine the crowd down 17 ?? Although it could have been a eagles advantage based on last years home games ...
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:12 PM   #28
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Hockey looked cool with whatever they had going on in the background, though there is nothing better than playoff hockey crowds. Did miss that. I like the fake noise of baseball and of football. Well its better than no noise. One thing I cannot get used to is the fake giant heads.
Crowds are definitely preferred. But they are not a requirement for the game to be played. So half assing it is pointless to me.

It's safe at 25K but at 25,001 people will die? That math doesn't check out.

Don't allow crowds at all or fill it up and let people who want to go take their chances. Genuinely fine with either option. No fans is the easier route.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:15 PM   #29
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I actually maybe crazy .. but not having the fans in the stand last Sunday helped Washington!! Can you imagine the crowd down 17 ?? Although it could have been a eagles advantage based on last years home games ...
I felt this way for this year. The stands would be half or more fans of our opponents. Take this year to get some excitement in the fanbase, rebrand over the summer then fill the stadium next year.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:22 AM   #30
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
A portion of those 200,000 would have died from their conditions and likely a good percentage, but who can know since its all fluid. At 53 and somewhat overweight I got Covid. And guess what - I survived, didnt ever need to go to the hospital, and was feeling truly under the weather for 2 days. I was tired for about a week. That's it.

It affects everyone different. Luckily you were not one that it affected badly. Glad you are ok. Really glad.
That being said you have absolutely no idea if any of them would have died without getting it.