Dirty Birds Preview

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-31-2018, 01:37 PM   #16
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: Dirty Birds Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Both Atlanta's starting Guards are out for the season....that's gonna be a problem for them

Both Atlanta's starting, super talented Safeties are out for the season and their secondary has been getting lit up because of it.

Matt Ryan is on fucking fire...and their receiver group is the most talented we've seen all year. TE is solid and they got some RB that can catch too.

Glad we got Ha-Ha...we will need him.

Win in the trenches and run the ball to keep Matty Ice on the sideline. We've stymied Aaron Rodgers that way...I think the game could play out similar.

Even though the Falcons are coming off bye, they haven't played well on the road. But the sample size isn't great...they've only played twice on the road.

If there was ever a time to score big plays in the passing game, its this one. Falcons simply cant cover. We should win...too much pass rush. Their receivers are too talented not to get a couple scores:

Skins 35
Falcons 23

Alex coming out party...(fingers crossed)
Someone said this about Brees recently, and I think it holds true for Ryan: yes, they're both great QBs, but you don't play coverage and hope your DBs win those match-ups. You blitz and force them to beat it, no matter how good they are. I don't believe we blitzed Brees that often and we had major trouble. Not to see Ryan can't beat it, but at least keep him on his ass. Manning got shell-shocked last week the more he went down.

More of the same pls.

Weirdly enough, I think if we win the coin toss, take the ball and score, we'll win.

They score first, I think it'll be a long day, but still have a good feeling about it.

Advertisements
Old 10-31-2018, 01:53 PM   #17
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Saw some stat they said we've lost like 6 straight to them and haven't beat then since 2003. That needs to end just like Panthers. This is actually more absurd.
Up until 2003 we owned them but after 2003 they have owned us.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl...mvsteam?opp=32
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 02:10 PM   #18
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
As someone who has called for running the ball from day 1 and stopping the run...its a relief to finally see it. Both the losses we couldn't run the ball, we tried and it didn't happen.

Do you think Jay see this as winning football? I still see him as trying to go up with big plays, go conservative and win with defense. I think he fears playing from behind. I think Jay wants more balance in the offense.
In my opinion, Jay sees the "run/stop the run" philosophy as winning football only if it is complimented by a good passing game; rather, he thinks winning football looks like "run/stop the run/have a credible/functioning passing threat" philosophy.

More importantly than any concern over his commitment to the run, I think Gruden's fatal flaw is his inability to go for the jugular. There was an article, somewhere, recently that Jay coaches out of fear. Didn't read it (probably means it was behind the Post's firewall), but I thought the headline was a solid take. Two games ago, Gruden ran on almost every first down. Last week, after catching flak for doing so, he opened up with three passes on the first three drives. In addition, his end of game calls - when we need to run the clock out and a 1st down wins the game - just seem horrific and incredibly predictable: Run, run, pass (incomplete/short), surrender the ball with lots of time on the clock.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:14 PM   #19
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Weirdly enough, I think if we win the coin toss, take the ball and score, we'll win.

They score first, I think it'll be a long day, but still have a good feeling about it.
I don't think this is weird at all. I feel exactly the same (and, no, contrary to CRed's inevitable posting, this does not confirm the weirdness of this idea).
Old 10-31-2018, 02:28 PM   #20
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
In my opinion, Jay sees the "run/stop the run" philosophy as winning football only if it is complimented by a good passing game; rather, he thinks winning football looks like "run/stop the run/have a credible/functioning passing threat" philosophy.

More importantly than any concern over his commitment to the run, I think Gruden's fatal flaw is his inability to go for the jugular. ...
The rest is all true, but this is why we will never see blow out games under Gruden. He feels a 7point lead is winnable, and he will play to not lose.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 02:28 PM   #21
calia
Playmaker

Atlanta lights it up v. teams with bad defenses (e.g., 37 v. NO, 36 v. CIN, 34 v. Tampa), but doesn't necessarily v. good defenses (e.g., 12 v. PHI, 17 v. PIT), although there are some outlier games (only beat NYG 23-20; beat CAR 31-24). Ours will be the best D they've faced.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:30 PM   #22
MTK
\m/

This is a true test to see how good this D can be. We know they can shut down the run, but can they limit a high octane passing game? If so this could be a special D in the making. One that could carry us far.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:35 PM   #23
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

More about Matt Ryan mvp like season:

Random QB observation: After brutal 1st game
@AtlantaFalcons
Matt Ryan has been DEALING! 1st in 3rd down success
@NFLMatchup
, 3rd best Int%, 4th best comp%, 4th best vs. blitz, 4th best in conflict (under pressure), 5th best when kept clean
@PFF
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 02:37 PM   #24
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

15 tds 2 ints for Matt

Hasn't thrown a pick since week 2
Old 10-31-2018, 02:50 PM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
15 tds 2 ints for Matt

Hasn't thrown a pick since week 2
Matty Ice is straight fire. Going from Eli to Matt Ryan will be like the defense seeing little league pitching to major league fastball.

Don’t expect Matt Ryan to sit back there and dance. 3 step drop and ball will be out fast to his receivers. He will be ready for the rush. They’ve had an extra week too.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:49 PM   #26
JoeRedskin

The difference with this team's rush that sets it apart (as far as I am concerned anyway) is the center push by the tackles. The Max Pain interior front of Allen/Payne/Ionaddis has the potential to disrupt even a three step drop.

I know Ryan is red hot and if we don't get a push on him it could be a very long day. I just suspect that the DT's are going to be tossing the Atlanta guards around like rag-dolls.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:18 PM   #27
calia
Playmaker

Getting to Ryan is key. He's having a great season, but he does get sacked -- 20 in 7 games, so nearly 3 per contest. He got sacked 6 times by PIT, 4 by PHL, and 3 each by NYG, NO, and CIN. Our pass rush ought to be able to get to him. Of the 5 games where he's been sacked 3+ times, the Falcons are 1-4 (beating only the lowly NYG).

Hit this chump.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:20 PM   #28
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
The difference with this team's rush that sets it apart (as far as I am concerned anyway) is the center push by the tackles. The Max Pain interior front of Allen/Payne/Ionaddis has the potential to disrupt even a three step drop.

I know Ryan is red hot and if we don't get a push on him it could be a very long day. I just suspect that the DT's are going to be tossing the Atlanta guards around like rag-dolls.
Yeah it’s not the typical pass rush, but up the middle pocket collapsing. Ryan is a stand tall type, got to knock him off his spot. Def an advantage for us.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:20 PM   #29
MTK
\m/

I'm not worried about the front 7, they'll get after it. Our DBs though are going to have their hands full. Everyone needs to step up even HHDC.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:24 PM   #30
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I'm not worried about the front 7, they'll get after it. Our DBs though are going to have their hands full. Everyone needs to step up even HHDC.
Watching Calvin Ridley play...first thought, Dallas is so fucking dumb

Atlanta's pass catchers...they all can play. Those RB come out the back field hot too. Need Dunbar back healthy.