Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Update: Favre Returns (Again); Signs with Vikings

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #46
skindeep
Camp Scrub

re: Update: Favre Returns (Again); Signs with Vikings

Its Brett Favre, if Green Bay's front office ever gave shit when he was there, all those years of passing up on great talent never giving him the peaces to have a real chance at winning thats there fault. Brett is a winner and u can't hate him for just wanting be with a winning organization, he still has some gas in the tank. Last year Green Bay still was dictating were he could go, now with the release from the Jets he is free to do what he wants. Brett was more than loyal to Green Bay u really cant say that for them.

The Vikings Im sure they gave Brett this extra time to rest his arm after his surgery. There a lot of vets in the league that dont want to participate in the off-season. He being a Diva maybe, but when he is on the field u cant say he doesnt give his all.
skindeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #47
KLHJ2
Inactive

NFL Videos: Favre has returned
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #48
freddyg12
Playmaker

The vikes may have a pretty solid playoff caliber roster, but Farve can streak shoot his team into or out of a game pretty quickly. I just can't see him playing really well late in the season unless somehow he's rested during the year, and I don't see how that happends unless he's hurt.

If we get a shot at them in the playoffs I see D. Hall catching the last pass of his career.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #49
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
A couple of things.

#1 - I hate the Favre drama just as much as anyone, but if I'm a Vikes fan I love this move. Rosenfels and Jackson are both unproven scrubs and regardless of who won the job between these two the Vikes would have been saddled with mediocre QB play all year.

#2 - There is a big difference between Favre going to the Jets last year and going to the Vikes this year. With the Vikes he is very familiar with their offensive schemes and terminology, the learning curve will be little to none as compared to last year where he was in a completely different offense.

#3 - I don't buy that this is bad for team chemistry. I think there are plenty of guys in that locker room that were pulling for this move and knew all along it was eventually going to happen. I doubt that anyone in that locker room is truly surprised today.

#4 - Regardless of his late season struggles which were more due to injury than anything else last year, the guy can still get it done and at a higher level than the likes of Rosenfels and Jackson.

#5 - Thank god this doesn't involve the Redskins. Was it Florio that floated the retarded Favre to the Redskins rumor?
So you think a 40 year old that hasn't trained all off season, hasn't been to any of the off season stuff, hasn't throw to any of the Viks wr can walk on an NFL team and be better than Rosenfels? I'm not so sure about that. The last two years in the latter part of the season his numbers are horrible, which shows he either isn't there mentally or physicaly or both.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #50
MTK
\m/

Favre is definitely better than Rosenfels/Jackson, at his age does he really need offseason camps? He knows the offense, I'm sure he's kept in shape, toss him out there.

Guess we'll see for sure, the Vikes are starting him this week.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #51
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

A few thoughts

- This is not a media driven story, it's a Favre driven story.

- It's a big story that needs to be covered. We're not talking about Quincy Carter making a comeback. It's Brett Favre

- That said, where's the outcry (from both media and fans) about how Vikings management/coaching staff has handled this? Fans here were lambasting the Redskins front office for making an offer this spring for an in-his-prime, proven QB. The Vikings traded a 4th rounder for a solid, but not spectacular QB; had their veterans call Favre asking him to come back, and ultimately signed (to a big contract) a proven but way past his prime Favre. Yet all the criticism seems to be on Favre.

- Someone mentioned Favre just wants to play for a winner. Maybe, but when I think winning organizations Vikings doesn't roll off the tongue.

- I thought Favre would actually skip all of preseason, but I think he'll do ok for the Vikings. He won't take them much further than they've gone in recent years in my opinion
Old 08-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #52
The Goat
Pro Bowl

IMHO this move makes the Vikes an instant contender for the whole enchilada. Don't tell me about Favre and the Jets. Different system than he ran for umpteen years and he didn't have the best RB in the game w/ a very solid backup, a top tier defense and some solid coaching in place. Favre walks in like he's been a Viking for over a decade and turns them into the NFC favorite to make the SB.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #53
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Ochocinco's response to all this was pretty funny. Saying his new TD celebration was to retire and then come back "After every TD I'm calling it quits"
Old 08-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #54
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

ESPN did a thing today and literally read off all the starting QB's in the NFL. And honestly, I must admit, I would take Favre over about 50%.
Although, this yearly ritual makes me..............ill
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #55
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skindeep View Post
Its Brett Favre, if Green Bay's front office ever gave shit when he was there, all those years of passing up on great talent never giving him the peaces to have a real chance at winning thats there fault. Brett is a winner and u can't hate him for just wanting be with a winning organization, he still has some gas in the tank. Last year Green Bay still was dictating were he could go, now with the release from the Jets he is free to do what he wants. Brett was more than loyal to Green Bay u really cant say that for them.

The Vikings Im sure they gave Brett this extra time to rest his arm after his surgery. There a lot of vets in the league that dont want to participate in the off-season. He being a Diva maybe, but when he is on the field u cant say he doesnt give his all.
lol. unheralded players =/= bad players. Donald Driver was productive for almost all of his time there at GB and still is even at the age of 34.

He was ticked off they handed the keys to Aaron Rodgers and then didn't give them back to him by default.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:00 PM   #56
skindeep
Camp Scrub

Donald Driver thats it.

Brett had the orginal set of keys, Rodgers had the spare set.
skindeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:07 PM   #57
12thMan
MVP

Listening to his presser now. I think he's being disingenuous when saying this isn't about revenge. Bull puckey!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #58
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Listening to his presser now. I think he's being disingenuous when saying this isn't about revenge. Bull puckey!
Favre disingenuous? No way! That's never happened before!
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #59
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
If he does sign with the Vikes, I'm pretty sure that he will play poorly, embarrass himself, and tarnish his reputation, especially with Green Bay folks. What a foolish man he is.
He was 21-6 before he hurt his arm last year. If he's healthy, the Vikes are an instant contender. He'll have a better running game than he ever had and as good a defense. The Packers game will be must see tv.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:44 PM   #60
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
He was 21-6 before he hurt his arm last year. If he's healthy, the Vikes are an instant contender. He'll have a better running game than he ever had and as good a defense. The Packers game will be must see tv.

He was 12-20 before his 13-3 season in GB don't forget.

PS- if you're injured and you're a detriment to the team, you sit!!!! Do what's best for the team. The fact that he lost 4 of 5 to end his season last year speaks just as loudly as the 21-6 before that.