Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #46
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Vick had the attitude change because he sat in jail, unable to play football and unable to earn the living he was used to.

Same thing with Haynesworth. You don't need jail to accomplish the same thing. You just have to take the opportunity to deny him the ability to earn that next contract. If he's non-compliant, you deactivate him without pay like we did at the end of last season.

Human nature is what it is. Sure he's a piece of crap, but he's still motivated by something.

Keep in mind that as soon as he ends up on a team in a 4-3 defense, he'll turn it on and dominate. Can you in good conscience let that happen? I could accept it if we got a high pick in return, but we all know that's not going to happen. Might as well sit on him.
At this point I don't see how the team can keep him on the roster without paying him. He would be a waste of time (the media circus), a waste of roster space, and a waste of money. I really don't care if he goes somewhere else and starts to dominate (we've seen plenty of that already anyway). The team made a mistake in getting him in the first place and they just need to move on. I would rather have the team/fans/sports media focus on other things instead of hearing about this guy for another season.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #47
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

He is also facing possible suspensions for his off season shenanigans. He may not even be able to play a full season.
He needs to be off loaded to the first dumbass to offer us a trade.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #48
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
At this point I don't see how the team can keep him on the roster without paying him. He would be a waste of time (the media circus), a waste of roster space, and a waste of money. I really don't care if he goes somewhere else and starts to dominate (we've seen plenty of that already anyway). The team made a mistake in getting him in the first place and they just need to move on. I would rather have the team/fans/sports media focus on other things instead of hearing about this guy for another season.
Every decision has a cost/benefit:

Costs of Keeping Him:
- 1 roster spot, the value of which is determined by how deep our team is. If our 53rd man sucks balls like he did last season, then there's really not much of a cost here.

- Salary and cap space, which at this point is relatively small

- Media headaches, which I think is overblown. What had more to do with our W/L record last year, the media asking questions about Haynesworth or our terrible transition to the 3-4 defense and terrible QB play?

Benefits of Keeping Him:
- keep him off opposing teams

- nowhere to go but up in terms of production, WAY up

- setting a tone for the team that you're not going to pout your way out of town, if you want to earn your next contract, you'll have to honor your first one.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #49
Meks
Pro Bowl

Don't trade him in division, don't allow him to sign with any team he wants by cutting him. Take w.ever we.can get for him. Out of conference would be a plus.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #50
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

Costs of Keeping Him:
- 1 roster spot, the value of which is determined by how deep our team is. If our 53rd man sucks balls like he did last season, then there's really not much of a cost here.

- Media headaches, which I think is overblown. What had more to do with our W/L record last year, the media asking questions about Haynesworth or our terrible transition to the 3-4 defense and terrible QB play?
Injuries can dictate whether a roster spot is important or not. They could always happen, and on a rebuilding team I think is ridiculous to take up a roster spot on a guy you are trying to teach a lesson.

Unless the team finds a way to not pay him, I'm sure the other players are not going to be so crazy about the idea of AH sitting on the bench and still get paid. I doubt MS would play him if he stays, and if he does, it'd be minimal play.

The media will continue to make a story out of this as long as AH is on the roster. I'm sure many players are sick of having to comment on the story.

Quote:
Benefits of Keeping Him:

- setting a tone for the team that you're not going to pout your way out of town, if you want to earn your next contract, you'll have to honor your first one.
AH has spent the last two years out of shape and playing at a subpar level. I really doubt he's going to be that dominant.

As I said before, I doubt MS will play him, so you are being very optimistic on this aspect.

And as far as your third point, well the Bengals have done that with Ochocinco and now they are doing it with Palmer, it hasn't gone too well for them. The team should focus on not bringing trouble players like Haynesworth in the first place. That's how you set a tone and culture on the team, not by keeping a malcontent on the roster and paying him to sit on the bench.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #51
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Costs of Keeping Him:

Benefits of Keeping Him:

AH will keep himself off every other 3-4 team in the league. That leaves him with 4-3 teams to choose from.

Philly is the only destination I see him going to within the division because he has a recommender, similar to how McNabb vouched for Vick. Coughlin won't tolerate his BS and Dallas has a 3-4.

In the NFC North, the 4-3 teams are Chicago, Detroit, and Minny. Scratch Detroit off, since they have Suh and don't want AH to screw up Suh. Minny is falling down faster than London Bridge, and Chicago is on the edge of collapse due to age on their D.

In the NFC West, San Fran and Arizona run a 3-4. Not to mention, the division is weaker than distilled water. I also don't think Spags will accomodate to him nearly as much as they want if the signs there. Seattle is in a state of decline. He can enjoy the weather and having no championships.

In the NFC South, you have Gregg the hardass, so he's a no go in NO. Atlanta might grab him because they have no choice, but they might pass because of his ego. Carolina...I wouldn't mind him signing there. Tampa...I think they're pleased with what they have.

AFC East: Count out the Pats, Jets and Phins. He can enjoy some Buffalo wings.

AFC North: Cincy, Ohio, and that's it. Everyone else runs a 3-4

AFC South: He might go home to Tenn, but the old regime is gone. I don't see the Colts wanting an ego with a criminal record. Jacksonville...nice weather, crap team. Texans...Tubby's 3-4.

AFC West: Oakland and Denver, maybe.

And if Philly beats us with him, the better the chances we get the last laugh with our 1st rounder next year. Well, and that he's always injured by the end of the season, thereby weakening themselves come playoff time.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #52
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Vick had the attitude change because he sat in jail, unable to play football and unable to earn the living he was used to.

Same thing with Haynesworth. You don't need jail to accomplish the same thing. You just have to take the opportunity to deny him the ability to earn that next contract. If he's non-compliant, you deactivate him without pay like we did at the end of last season.

Human nature is what it is. Sure he's a piece of crap, but he's still motivated by something.

Keep in mind that as soon as he ends up on a team in a 4-3 defense, he'll turn it on and dominate. Can you in good conscience let that happen? I could accept it if we got a high pick in return, but we all know that's not going to happen. Might as well sit on him.
No, Haynesworth holds the BELIEF that he's some godly player who can dictate what is best for him and that he has been "wronged"(i.e pulling out the slavery card), and I speculate that he holds his belief on a sacred level like some activists for various causes.

I don't give a shit about the 2 years he MIGHT dominate under whoever decides to adopt the "AH freelances, everyone else sticks to the book", IF there's anyone willing to do that aside from the guy who has Suh to work with. He's at the age where the wear and tear WILL catch up to him, and he will then fade away. What he does has no bearing on us except in the games he plays against us, and in either case, we'll be the "winners" in the end. We beat his team in the games, we show that we don't "need" him". He beats us? He only assists us in securing another 1st round stud. What he does to the other 14-15 teams on his team's schedule for the next two years? I don't give a shit as long as that team beats Dallas.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #53
SBXVII
Franchise Player

NFL.com news: Report: Redskins not interested in releasing Haynesworth

Quote:
If the Redskins part ways with Haynesworth, they are determined to do so through a trade, according to the newspaper. Shanahan is not interested in cutting a player who's earned roughly $32 million from the Redskins over the past two seasons, only to see him sign with another team.
Attitude or not I totally feel the same way. No way do we pay him $32 mill and let him walk to sign where ever he wants so he has his cake and eat it too. I'd rather he take up that roster spot sitting on the bench all season and occasionally watching fans taunting him just for fun. I want something for my $32 mill.

Quote:
The NFL lockout has slowed the Redskins from solving the curious case of Albert Haynesworth, but The Washington Post reported Thursday that coach Mike Shanahan isn't about to accept anything less than a second-round pick for the pricey defensive lineman.
If the Eagles want to give up that I'd trade him to them. We know how to beat him. Stay away from him for 6 plays, sustain the drive, and AH will take himself out of the game which then we can run all throught the defense. When he comes back in start all over again.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #54
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Don't trade him in division, don't allow him to sign with any team he wants by cutting him. Take w.ever we.can get for him. Out of conference would be a plus.
Albert Haynesworth will be hard to trade? - NFL- NBC Sports
Old 07-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #55
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
NFL.com news: Report: Redskins not interested in releasing Haynesworth

Attitude or not I totally feel the same way. No way do we pay him $32 mill and let him walk to sign where ever he wants so he has his cake and eat it too. I'd rather he take up that roster spot sitting on the bench all season and occasionally watching fans taunting him just for fun. I want something for my $32 mill.

If the Eagles want to give up that I'd trade him to them. We know how to beat him. Stay away from him for 6 plays, sustain the drive, and AH will take himself out of the game which then we can run all throught the defense. When he comes back in start all over again.
Imagine that. An unemotional response, common sense and a level head exercised by the boss.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:14 AM   #56
SBXVII
Franchise Player

On a side note not to get off track..... since this thread was closed....
http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...lockeroom.html

Perhaps someone can call Slow Willie about another one of his teamates making the news because they are soooo focused.

Agent: NFL star Hines Ward not impaired behind wheel - CNN.com
Old 07-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #57
#56fanatic
The Starter

I wouldn't cut him for sure. That is what he wants to happen, so he can get some more money to feed his fat lazy ass. I definitely wouldn't trade him to the Eagles, unless it is something absolutely ridiculous that we can't refuse. I would let him sit on the bench, or man up and play like the whole NFL knows he can. We have a couple of DT that can play, I'd put him exclusively on the end and let him play. RE or LE, I think he can be a very dominant guy.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #58
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
I wouldn't cut him for sure. That is what he wants to happen, so he can get some more money to feed his fat lazy ass. I definitely wouldn't trade him to the Eagles, unless it is something absolutely ridiculous that we can't refuse. I would let him sit on the bench, or man up and play like the whole NFL knows he can. We have a couple of DT that can play, I'd put him exclusively on the end and let him play. RE or LE, I think he can be a very dominant guy.
We should trade him to Eagles for a 1st and conditional 4th that can become a 3rd. LOL. I would love for Shanny to tell the Walrus that just to get a rise out of him.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #59
SBXVII
Franchise Player

For those of you who simply want to cut him, how about you pay me $3,000 to mow your yard, I'll show up when I want, take a couple swipes with the push mower, take a break and lay on the ground for 5 mins., then leave because I'm not interested in pushing a mower through your whole yard. AND I decide to keep your money and look to mow someone else's who has a riding mower.

In a basic sense that's what has happened. Don't tell me you wouldn't try to come after me for the money or try to force me to do what I was paid to do. That's exactly how Snyder must feel. He wants SOMETHING in return. It's idiotic to simply think DS is rich and can handle it so let's just cut the fat fart and be done with him.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:40 AM   #60
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
For those of you who simply want to cut him, how about you pay me $3,000 to mow your yard, I'll show up when I want, take a couple swipes with the push mower, take a break and lay on the ground for 5 mins., then leave because I'm not interested in pushing a mower through your whole yard. AND I decide to keep your money and look to mow someone else's who has a riding mower.

In a basic sense that's what has happened. Don't tell me you wouldn't try to come after me for the money or try to force me to do what I was paid to do. That's exactly how Snyder must feel. He wants SOMETHING in return. It's idiotic to simply think DS is rich and can handle it so let's just cut the fat fart and be done with him.
Well if someone told me that you would be a problem if I hired you, I wouldn't have hired you in the first place. If I did hire you, knowing that information, well I deserve to lose the money. Except that this scenario doesn't compare to football, like many other scenarios people try to compare to football.
R.I.P. #21