Redskins ready to $pend?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-13-2011, 10:11 AM   #16
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
But it makes a lot of sense because of the lockout delay and Beck has been with the team and knows the offense a lot better.
I would agree but that doesn't mean we cannot retain Grossman or sign Vince Young.

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #17
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
damn thats a ton of players to have targeted. Yanda, Holmes, and Cullen would be good signings. Cofield, Kris Jenkins...not some much on them. Id take Holmes over Moss...but we dont need both.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #18
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Holmes is good, don't get me wrong, but if we're trying to resign moss, then we really don't need holmes, they're like the same receiver. Holmes also gets into legal problems. And I really don't see the Jets letting him go, they like him and he likes them.

Marshall Yanda though would be a Great addition to this team, thats a signing I'd approve.

Kris Jenkins- I've said it before, why get a guy who's coming off two acl surgeries in the past couple of years, On the same knee. We just signed Kemo with his knee problems and that one didn't do anything now did it.

Cullen Jenkins I'd love to have.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #19
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

If we go into the season with Grossman and Beck as our top QBs, I think Grossman starts week one

They definitely want interior OL help, Joseph is probably out of reach and Yanda might be too actually

I don't really know Haynesworth at all, but have had the chance to meet Kris Jenkins multiple times and he's the complete opposite of what we all perceive AH to be-personality wise. Super nice guy. From a locker room and community and media relations point of view, he'd be a godsend. On the field is probably another story

I think Holmes is not likely to happen

Aubrayo Franklin is high on the radar. But could be another one out of reach

Kevin Burnett could be another target
Old 07-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #20
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
If we go into the season with Grossman and Beck as our top QBs, I think Grossman starts week one

They definitely want interior OL help, Joseph is probably out of reach and Yanda might be too actually

I don't really know Haynesworth at all, but have had the chance to meet Kris Jenkins multiple times and he's the complete opposite of what we all perceive AH to be-personality wise. Super nice guy. From a locker room and community and media relations point of view, he'd be a godsend. On the field is probably another story

I think Holmes is not likely to happen

Aubrayo Franklin is high on the radar. But could be another one out of reach

Kevin Burnett could be another target
Yeah ILB is a need, unless the skins want to start Perry Riley, any news on him being the starter and coaches liking him?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #21
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

They like Riley at lot. Will he start? Don't know
Old 07-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #22
saden1
MVP

Rex loves Holmes and will never let him go...forget about getting him and aim lower.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #23
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Yeah ILB is a need, unless the skins want to start Perry Riley, any news on him being the starter and coaches liking him?
ILB will be one of the more interesting camp stories, if there's a camp. Rocky's chances of staying have increased, according to SS, and then Lorenzo moving to ILB adds another. I would really like to see that position play out w/the guys we have, including Rocky.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #24
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quite a sensational title for the article, JLC. Ah, some things never change.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #25
NLC1054
Special Teams

This is, what, the 7th straight week we're we've been linked to yet another player?

I mean...it's getting to the point where it seems like we're targeting EVERY free agent available. It's ridiculous. We can't try and get EVERYONE.
NLC1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #26
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Holmes is good, don't get me wrong, but if we're trying to resign moss, then we really don't need holmes, they're like the same receiver. Holmes also gets into legal problems. And I really don't see the Jets letting him go, they like him and he likes them.

Marshall Yanda though would be a Great addition to this team, thats a signing I'd approve.

Kris Jenkins- I've said it before, why get a guy who's coming off two acl surgeries in the past couple of years, On the same knee. We just signed Kemo with his knee problems and that one didn't do anything now did it.

Cullen Jenkins I'd love to have.
I don't care about legal problems unless Holmes is suspended in the playoffs. I agree with the kris Jenkins point, but would still love to sign him to have him next to his brother. I think that would help create great team chemistry. Plus Jenkins could teach other's how to properly play the NT position in the 3-4. Even from a coaching perspective (haslett/shanny) picking up cullen and kris. They can say how things were done in GB and how things were done in NY, and Haslett can sample that and use it to improve our overall defense.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #27
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I don't care about legal problems unless Holmes is suspended in the playoffs. I agree with the kris Jenkins point, but would still love to sign him to have him next to his brother. I think that would help create great team chemistry. Plus Jenkins could teach other's how to properly play the NT position in the 3-4. Even from a coaching perspective (haslett/shanny) picking up cullen and kris. They can say how things were done in GB and how things were done in NY, and Haslett can sample that and use it to improve our overall defense.
Good point, but they could also just sign a backup that gets cut from one of those teams and it would be about the same thing
Old 07-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #28
skinster
Impact Rookie

I just want to say that I am a logical person, and a fan of the tank for luck strategy. However, I am red in the face with excitement right now about all the free agents we are looking to pick up. The fan in me is overtaking what I know is in the best longterm interest of our team and is totally on board with buying every free agent mentioned. I wonder how long my excitement will last? I'll probably complain about how this was the dumbest thing we could possibly do at the end of the season (which it probably is) but I'm just so excited to see us (hopefully) signing all these guys. My emotions are taking over my better thinking.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #29
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Good point, but they could also just sign a backup that gets cut from one of those teams and it would be about the same thing
It's not the same thing. Backups don't have the experience as players that execute and actually get to play and see what works and what doesnt. Plus if healthy Jenkins can actually contribute to our team, and if not, he can provide leadership to our other NT's. But I do see your point. Although I don't think it is quite the same, you are mostly right with regards to backups being able to give info on other systems to haslett. But I don't think these players are being pursued purely for their knowledge of other systems, I think it is simply a bonus that adds to us wanting them.

I also think signing Barry Coefield could be a way to get info on the giants (as a plus...not that I don't think we don't want him)
Old 07-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #30
musicmaster45
Special Teams

Also Kris will be cheap after two awful injury filled seasons. He will be low risk with possible high reward pick up