Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

RAMS Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-11-2020, 04:19 PM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

RAMS Postgame

I watched until Half.. Happy that Alex got some reps.. What a TOUGH SOB.

This team is really really bad, maybe the worst team I can remember.

I just want to tank for Trevor at this point. Go 1-15

Advertisements
Old 10-11-2020, 04:22 PM   #2
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: RAMS Postgame

This is one of the more embarrassing performances of recent memory.

An absolute fucking embarrassment. We are just a garbage ass football team. Will be picking in the top 3 again.

Watch your Lawrence, Fields, Lance highlights. 1 of them will be our QB next year.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 04:24 PM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This is one of the more embarrassing performances of recent memory.

An absolute fucking embarrassment. We are just a garbage ass football team. Will be picking in the top 3 again.

Watch your Lawrence, Fields, Lance highlights. 1 of them will be our QB next year.
Yeah man, we will not win more than 2 games.

Unfortunately we need ATL and NYJ to start winning a few
Old 10-11-2020, 04:24 PM   #4
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I watched until Half.. Happy that Alex got some reps.. What a TOUGH SOB.

This team is really really bad, maybe the worst team I can remember.

I just want to tank for Trevor at this point. Go 1-15
We don't need to tank, we fucking suck. Don't have to do anything besides play standard WFT football.
Old 10-11-2020, 04:26 PM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

This team needs a new QB and new name.. It's a legit REBUILD
Old 10-11-2020, 04:27 PM   #6
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

Matt Ryan has turned into a pumpkin the last couple weeks.
Old 10-11-2020, 04:29 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Here's the highlights:

Actually, I meant to say "here's where the highlights would go, if there were any to share."

Just click your heels 3 times and say

"we're rebuilding"

"we're rebuilding"

"we're rebuilding"

Once Haskins is shipped out maybe we can get that Dan Snyder loser stink out of the building too. Although every time this happens I believe a little more that this team will never be successful as long as he owns it.

Shoutouts: Tress Way, Kendall Fuller, Montez Sweat with the hustle on the rundown, Terry Mac and of course Alex Smith for successfully making it back to the field against insane odds.

Callouts: The entire offensive line. Not gonna single anybody out because Aaron Donald was a buzzsaw that simultaneously slaughtered everybody he went up against, including Team LVP Wes Martin (poor Wes, you're probably gonna be sacrificed to the football gods when Scherff gets back). It's not Wes' fault he had to matchup with the most feared defensive lineman since JJ Watt in his heydey.

As my friend said: This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets a very moveable object.

Personal shoutout to Alex Smith. I was holding my breath when he was giving Aaron Donald a piggyback ride, but if he can handle that he can definitely handle the rigors of the position. Hopefully this week was a warmup for him to shake the rust and we can play a competitive game next week (while also keeping the score closer than 10 points for the first time in 8 weeks).

Congrats to him for being the first quarterback that I know of to successfully come back from a broken leg where the bone was exposed through the skin.
Old 10-11-2020, 04:32 PM   #8
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

While we're on the subject:

How many teams that successfully tanked for a high draft pick won the Super Bowl in the last 2 decades?

Because that's the goal. We shouldn't tank because it's a proven unsuccessful team building strategy. If we suck, we suck. But you don't teach your guys not to go all out on the field. It's not successful, period. You really think Ron Rivera's character would allow him to just give up on the season? That's the literal opposite of the culture he's trying to build. Honestly, this tanking talk is ridiculous.

Grab a veteran in the offseason, let him hold down the fort while we build up the roster everywhere else. Then get the qb you want. Don't be forced to take a qb because that's when wasted draft picks happen. Fresh example: Dwayne Haskins. He was a perfect circumstance of "this team really needs a qb" and Dan Snyder falling in love with his highlights.
Old 10-11-2020, 04:38 PM   #9
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
While we're on the subject:

How many teams that successfully tanked for a high draft pick won the Super Bowl in the last 2 decades?

Because that's the goal. We shouldn't tank because it's a proven unsuccessful team building strategy. If we suck, we suck. But you don't teach your guys not to go all out on the field. It's not successful, period. You really think Ron Rivera's character would allow him to just give up on the season? That's the literal opposite of the culture he's trying to build. Honestly, this tanking talk is ridiculous.

Grab a veteran in the offseason, let him hold down the fort while we build up the roster everywhere else. Then get the qb you want. Don't be forced to take a qb because that's when wasted draft picks happen. Fresh example: Dwayne Haskins. He was a perfect circumstance of "this team really needs a qb" and Dan Snyder falling in love with his highlights.
You say grab a veteran QB in the offseason, what is wrong with using Alex Smith for 1 or 2 more seasons? He would be 38 years old during the 2022 season, unless perhaps Alex Smith might not re-sign here, and he goes elsewhere? Or do you just mean a cheaper veteran option that Smith would likely be?
Old 10-11-2020, 04:40 PM   #10
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

A few? Id say like one. I dont think it is possible for us to win another game. Our D gives up 30 plus every week. You watch the absolutely anemic Giants offense will put up 30. But the bottom line is that our offense is thee worst in the league and it isn’t really close. Any offense out there can out score us. We literally have a wr and a sort of weapon in Gibson. Absolutely no O line. No quarterback. No TE. No Run game. No other wr’s besides Terry.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 04:55 PM   #11
skinsfan69
Living Legend

the only team we may be better than is the jets.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 04:57 PM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
You say grab a veteran QB in the offseason, what is wrong with using Alex Smith for 1 or 2 more seasons? He would be 38 years old during the 2022 season, unless perhaps Alex Smith might not re-sign here, and he goes elsewhere? Or do you just mean a cheaper veteran option that Smith would likely be?
Because even when the rain isn't making it tough to play and he's shaken the rust off from 2 years of leg rehab, I'm not convinced that a 37-38yo qb can still be good enough to lead a team. Sure, if he returns to the form he was in his Chiefs days I'd be happy to bring him back. But we're a long way from there.
Old 10-11-2020, 05:00 PM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Team is an embarrassment.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:50 PM   #14
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Forget Smith. Great comeback story but at best he is a back up. We need Fields or Lawrence. We need a game changer at QB. We have to draft someone and start him from day one.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 08:01 PM   #15
Randall Nestor
Special Teams

As much as I liked Chase Young, I felt we should have traded down and get more starting caliber players. (assuming we had a good offer) Even if Chase turns out to be all pro he can't play but one position. We need a lot of help. People may not agree with me on this but it doesn't matter who we have a QB with the o-line that we have. You don't have a chance back there. How many times have we seen Gibson get a handoff with nowhere to go no push with the o-line. Our secondary will keep the d-line from getting sacks and possible turnovers because we can't cover the quick passing game. I think we are worse than last year. This is the second week that I didn't finish watching the game and that is odd for me. Very hard to watch these games.
Randall Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote