Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Haskins Threat 2.0

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your opinion on Haskins heading into next season?
Promising, he looks like he could be a player 43 72.88%
Still on the fence 15 25.42%
He's a bust 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 11:16 AM   #106
Warthog
The Starter

Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I’m not saying we should give Haskins away. But I also think the $h!t show that was the 2019 season is not enough data to say he will be good or be a bust. Especially not if you are basing it off two games at the end of the season when no one has much to play for unless you are a playoff contender.

You’re exactly right. There were so many things WRONG with our offense it’s impossible to know what type of QB Haskin’s will be. His first game was terrible and his last two games were outstanding. If he DIDN’T have those last two excellent games, I think the idea of drafting Tua might be justified.

However, Haskins was hurt and he played through it. He started to become a leader of the team. He really looked very good in those last games, with many things (porous OL, no TE, rookie WR, weak playcalling) going against him and the offense.

What those last two games meant was that he DESERVES a second season to prove himself. He may ultimately be a draft bust or just an average QB. But the end of last season means the team has to give him a chance to prove himself one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2020, 12:02 PM   #107
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
You’re exactly right. There were so many things WRONG with our offense it’s impossible to know what type of QB Haskin’s will be. His first game was terrible and his last two games were outstanding. If he DIDN’T have those last two excellent games, I think the idea of drafting Tua might be justified.

However, Haskins was hurt and he played through it. He started to become a leader of the team. He really looked very good in those last games, with many things (porous OL, no TE, rookie WR, weak playcalling) going against him and the offense.

What those last two games meant was that he DESERVES a second season to prove himself. He may ultimately be a draft bust or just an average QB. But the end of last season means the team has to give him a chance to prove himself one way or another.

It's a business and he's a contractor; therefore, he doesn't deserve jack. Sorry, that's just the way it is in the NFL.

Nevertheless, I have no problem with the Skins developing him. I think the ankle sprain held him back and I'm optimistic about what he can do when fully healthy.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:04 PM   #108
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
It's a business and he's a contractor; therefore, he doesn't deserve jack. Sorry, that's just the way it is in the NFL.

Nevertheless, I have no problem with the Skins developing him. I think the ankle sprain held him back and I'm optimistic about what he can do when fully healthy.

NFL - not for long. I’m excited to see if Haskins can improve this season toward the franchise QB we all have been waiting for. But if he flops, we’ll be using our first rounder for a QB in 2021. I think the offense will improve out of the cellar but the defense will carry the team this season. I just don’t think they can fix all the holes on the offense.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 03-04-2020, 11:59 PM   #109
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

I have been a vocal critic of Haskins for quite some time. My criticisms have had nothing to do with his football intelligence or ability, but completely having to do with his work ethic and commitment to doing what it takes to be an NFL quarterback.

So this is exactly what i want to see:

Quote:
Throughout the offseason, the Redskins coach has emphasized how he wants Dwayne Haskins to take his commitment to another level. That's happening so far, too, as Rivera told reporters last week at the Combine that the QB has been a constant presence at the organization's facility in Ashburn.
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ce-working-out

Keep it up, Dwayne, and you’ll have earned this.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:15 AM   #110
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Pissed off for greatness!
Old 03-05-2020, 08:03 AM   #111
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Problem is, when the HC has to come out and say he needs to be more committed. Hopefully he matures.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:08 AM   #112
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

People will always find faults. Just own it if you don't like him you don't like him. I'm rolling with DH I got his back.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:24 AM   #113
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'm a fan of his, I am on board of building around him. He's a kid still (u know what I mean)
Old 03-05-2020, 10:59 AM   #114
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
People will always find faults. Just own it if you don't like him you don't like him. I'm rolling with DH I got his back.
What is up with the ridiculous persecution complex?

Haskins was graded by most teams as a 2nd or 3rd round talent. The football people in our organization liked him, but didn't think he deserved to be drafted at 15. Snyder and Allen overruled the experts in the organization, like current defacto GM Kyle Smith, and reached for him at 15 anyways.

There were reports all offseason and during most of the regular season that Haskins was not taking the job seriously. That he wasn't putting in the work. And that his own team mates were put off by it. "Selfie-gate" got a lot of an attention, but it that was just one manifestation of a genuine, true, and very real underlying problem with Haskins that you don't have with the overwhelming majority of first round rookie starting QBs.

Bottom line - the criticism of Haskins was well-deserved.

Front office executives, Coaches, and players do not deserve our blind loyalty.

People will (and should) like or dislike a player, coach, or executive, based on their performance, work ethic, and commitment. If they work hard, take the job seriously, lead, and perform, fans will justifiably praise them. If they don't, they deserve criticism.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:15 AM   #115
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
What is up with the ridiculous persecution complex?

Haskins was graded by most teams as a 2nd or 3rd round talent. The football people in our organization liked him, but didn't think he deserved to be drafted at 15. Snyder and Allen overruled the experts in the organization, like current defacto GM Kyle Smith, and reached for him at 15 anyways.

There were reports all offseason and during most of the regular season that Haskins was not taking the job seriously. That he wasn't putting in the work. And that his own team mates were put off by it. "Selfie-gate" got a lot of an attention, but it that was just one manifestation of a genuine, true, and very real underlying problem with Haskins that you don't have with the overwhelming majority of first round rookie starting QBs.

Bottom line - the criticism of Haskins was well-deserved.

Front office executives, Coaches, and players do not deserve our blind loyalty.

People will (and should) like or dislike a player, coach, or executive, based on their performance, work ethic, and commitment. If they work hard, take the job seriously, lead, and perform, fans will justifiably praise them. If they don't, they deserve criticism.
You are spot on, us as fans sometimes get blinded by the truth.. It's been that way with me many times in the past. The team looks to be going in the right direction but as a fan of a letdown year after year, I'm not all in on the new train yet. Also if it means drafting Tua at #2 to make our franchise better than see ya Dwayne (I'm not saying we should) but I trust Ron and the new staff to make good decisions.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:25 AM   #116
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
You are spot on, us as fans sometimes get blinded by the truth.. It's been that way with me many times in the past. The team looks to be going in the right direction but as a fan of a letdown year after year, I'm not all in on the new train yet. Also if it means drafting Tua at #2 to make our franchise better than see ya Dwayne (I'm not saying we should) but I trust Ron and the new staff to make good decisions.
Agreed. I may be a fool, but, for the first time in two decades, I genuinely trust the decision-makers on this team. For the first time in that span, we have true football people making decisions in the front office. In Rivera and Smith I trust.

If they go "all-in" or "all-out" on Dwayne or any other player, i'm on board. If they feel certain players need to "prove it," i'm on board. Basically, i'm on board with whatever the team decides until I hear reports of Snyder meddling or some other dysfunction emerging.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:59 AM   #117
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I'm going with Rivera is an undercover genius, going with the 2 pronged accomplishments: Lighting a fire under Haskins (appears to be working) and ginning up a possible massive trade hall for the # 2 pick.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:27 AM   #118
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

There is absolutely no way you don't give a kid with this arm talent a full 2nd season where he is a actually set up to be successful:

https://youtu.be/E3r5cxPiSDw

He has a rocket arm.

Note - McLaurin is an absolute monster. He has chance to be best WR in the league in a couple seasons.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:30 AM   #119
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...combine-risers
Old 03-07-2020, 05:29 PM   #120
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'm all in on Haskins too. He's earned the opportunity to keep proving himself under Ron. If for some reason Ron doesn't like him I'm fine with moving on, but nothing Rivera has said indicates that's the case.