Manders vs Broncos pre game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-14-2023, 06:34 PM   #46
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Re: Manders vs Broncos pre game

Source:

Quote:
Broncos edge rusher Frank Clark injured his hip in Wednesday’s practice when he was listed as a limited participant. He did not practice Thursday.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports Clark is expected to miss a couple of weeks. The injury is not considered serious, but he is week to week and not day to day.

He will miss Sunday’s game against the Commanders.

Clark played 25 snaps against the Raiders in his Broncos debut and made two tackles.

He signed with the Broncos this offseason after four seasons in Seattle and four in Kansas City. Clark made three Pro Bowls in his time with the Chiefs.
Certainly doesn't hurt our chances . . .
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-15-2023, 11:11 AM   #47
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Chase was a full participant in practice, status is still up in the air depending on Dr.
Last I heard he was definitely out until week 3. Would love to see him suit up v. Denver. Feels like it's been awhile since we've seen him play productively. Just hope he's not a liability against the rush when he plays.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 01:03 PM   #48
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Washington Commanders

@Commanders
·
6m
DE Chase Young has been cleared and will be active for Week 2

📰 http://bit.ly/3EGDKF3
Old 09-15-2023, 02:25 PM   #49
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I couldn't disagree more lol.

punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 04:57 PM   #50
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Washington Commanders

@Commanders
·
6m
DE Chase Young has been cleared and will be active for Week 2

📰 http://bit.ly/3EGDKF3
Excellent. Hope he terrorizes Wilson all game long. Interested to see how he does. He is playing for his career in 2023.
Old 09-15-2023, 05:07 PM   #51
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCommandersfan99 View Post
Excellent. Hope he terrorizes Wilson all game long. Interested to see how he does. He is playing for his career in 2023.
He’ll be on a snap count.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 09:23 PM   #52
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

According to local radio, this is the Bronco's "get right" game against the lowly Commanders with their basically rookie QB. Apparently Russ & J Jeudy have looked great all week.

A lot of what they are saying is hard to argue as this team hasn't proven anything by squeaking by the Cardinals at home, but most have acknowledged that we have a pretty good defense, and a great D-line. No one's calling it a gimme, just that the Broncos should win this one
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 10:53 PM   #53
Meks
Pro Bowl

Our coaching staff will be exposed imo. Wilson may be washed up but the tank isn't empty. I fear for this trip out west and this game
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 11:21 PM   #54
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
According to local radio, this is the Bronco's "get right" game against the lowly Commanders with their basically rookie QB. Apparently Russ & J Jeudy have looked great all week.

A lot of what they are saying is hard to argue as this team hasn't proven anything by squeaking by the Cardinals at home, but most have acknowledged that we have a pretty good defense, and a great D-line. No one's calling it a gimme, just that the Broncos should win this one
Glad they are doubting us. Need to win this game if we are going to have any semblance of a good season. Pretty disappointed in the AZ game honestly. Using this game as a barometer of what type of year we will have.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:14 AM   #55
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Just watched last week's game, had an issue with my gamepass.
Overall presently surprised with Sam, despite the couple of costly mistakes, and our Defense. Will they be able to allow only 9 points, 6 of which coming off turnovers, against better offenses? Probably not, but still encouraging to see them ball like that, Kam Curl is turning into a WWE wrestler with a football helmet on, and I'm loving it.

I told you guys the cards' front 7 wasn't that bad, but our (pass blocking) Oline is indeed worrying, and Saahdiq Charles indeed sucks dicks.

I don't know how we win against very good defenses, but that's not what we're facing this week, so if the Oline can establish the run and be mediocre instead of awful on pass plays, maybe Sam doesn't get picked by Pat Surtain, maybe we get a couple of picks from Wilson, and we get another close W.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2023, 02:58 AM   #56
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Pretty much every analyst I have heard break down the game against the Cardinals put at least half of the sacks on Howell himself. While I think he was 'ok', he must be better. The O-line was fine, and weren't nearly the liability they have been made out to be.

Week 2 presents another opportunity to evaluate. I don't think they'll disappoint.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 04:29 AM   #57
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Pretty much every analyst I have heard break down the game against the Cardinals put at least half of the sacks on Howell himself. While I think he was 'ok', he must be better. The O-line was fine, and weren't nearly the liability they have been made out to be.

Week 2 presents another opportunity to evaluate. I don't think they'll disappoint.
According to Keim 2 sacks were to be blamed on Howell, now if was Wenz it would have been all 6.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 09-16-2023, 04:47 AM   #58
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

Yeah I saw the breakdown in the post game thread after I posted here.
"At least half of the sacks on Howell" seems to be a bit of an overstatement, (has would putting everything on the OL), one is entirely on Wylie, one is a miscommunication between Charles and Gates, one is Robinson tripping Charles up, and one is on Logan Thomas (who had a bad game with a big drop early on).

Bottom line is, wether it be OL, TEs, RBs or QB, we allowed way too much sacks, and I sure hope they prove us all doubters wrong by fixing those hiccups tomorrow...
Old 09-16-2023, 12:12 PM   #59
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCommandersfan99 View Post
Glad they are doubting us. Need to win this game if we are going to have any semblance of a good season. Pretty disappointed in the AZ game honestly. Using this game as a barometer of what type of year we will have.
I see this game as a toss up.

We have 15 games to go after this one so I disagree with you that we need to win this game to have a good season.

Also, I am not disappointed in the AZ game because we did what we needed to do to win. There were numerous poorly played close games in Week 1 which is typical of the first week in the NFL. I have already filed away the AZ game under J for "Just win, Baby".

How can the second game of a seventeen-week season be a barometer for the entire year? The answer is, it can't be.

Let's all put our doubts and fears aside and enjoy the rest of the season. Commanders Football is back and I'm loving it!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 01:26 PM   #60
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I think the Broncos will put pressure on Howell hoping he screws up. I think he handles the pressure and has a good game especially with running game helping him out.

Purveyor of fine Filth