Mandos vs. Broncos Gameday Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-17-2023, 10:29 PM   #256
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Mandos vs. Broncos Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Definitely not saying they're unbeatable, but once he got in the groove, Allen looked unstoppable. Can't let them get a 2--3 score lead like Denver.
Also, EB needs to dial up his best running plays for B.Rob and keep Josh Allen and Diggs on the bench.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2023, 10:35 PM   #257
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
If it were one guy, you could say it was an idiotic mistake by that player. When 3 DBs are all trying to catch the Hail Mary, that's a coaching issue.
I don't know man. I've seen the replay several times. I saw many hands up in the air, offense and defense...I'm not sure I saw anyone on the defense trying to 'catch' the ball. But let's find something else to complain about...that's the theme around here anyway.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 05:55 AM   #258
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I don't know man. I've seen the replay several times. I saw many hands up in the air, offense and defense...I'm not sure I saw anyone on the defense trying to 'catch' the ball. But let's find something else to complain about...that's the theme around here anyway.
Not so much trying to catch it as going up 2 handed. I'd go up one handed to get the added extension and so the arm can come down onto the ball. There's certainly some coachable stuff on that film.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 07:11 AM   #259
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Uh oh someone is being a bad fan because they didn’t think every little thing was perfect? LOL.

Curl literally tips the ball up into the air as if to keep it alive. The only complaining is you about anyone who dares criticize anything we did in yesterday’s game. It was an ugly win against a bad team. There is plenty to criticize. Every game is going to have studs and duds. Pointing out the duds isn’t complaining it is simply pointing out the duds. Could be certain players. Could be certain plays. Start a separate post game thread call “positive comments only”.

EB and Howell seem to have garnered nothing but praise and they were definitely studs.

Last edited by punch it in; 09-18-2023 at 08:11 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 08:39 AM   #260
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Uh oh someone is being a bad fan because they didn’t think every little thing was perfect? LOL.

Curl literally tips the ball up into the air as if to keep it alive. The only complaining is you about anyone who dares criticize anything we did in yesterday’s game. It was an ugly win against a bad team. There is plenty to criticize. Every game is going to have studs and duds. Pointing out the duds isn’t complaining it is simply pointing out the duds. Could be certain players. Could be certain plays. Start a separate post game thread call “positive comments only”.

EB and Howell seem to have garnered nothing but praise and they were definitely studs.
To be fair to Curl, he tipped it up because it was about to fall into the hands of a Broncos player.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 08:42 AM   #261
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
To be fair to Curl, he tipped it up because it was about to fall into the hands of a Broncos player.

I’ve watched it a bunch and that did cross my mind but it definitely appears to me like he could have batted that ball away or down. He looked like he was trying to keep it alive. I got zero problems with Kurl in the grand scheme of things though.
Edit : Watching it again. Kurl definitely thinks 85 is going to catch it. So Ill give you that BUT (huge but) the defense cannot let two Bronco players get behind them there. St Juste was in the back of the endzone too he needs to be in better position too.

Hoping this is the final discussion about a successful hail mary from the opposing team. Lol. Thank God it didn’t bite us in the arse!

Last edited by punch it in; 09-18-2023 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-18-2023, 09:01 AM   #262
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I think the only one "at fault" for the hail mary, was Forbes, because he went for the ball, as opposed to batting it down. Made a rookie mistake and his brain is wired for going for the pick.

After that, it just became a series of flukes that could have ended up with the ball on the ground or in the hands of any player.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-18-2023, 09:08 AM   #263
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think the only one "at fault" for the hail mary, was Forbes, because he went for the ball, as opposed to batting it down. Made a rookie mistake and his brain is wired for going for the pick.

After that, it just became a series of flukes that could have ended up with the ball on the ground or in the hands of any player.
And he kinda misplayed it by like a half yard because at first I thought it was an easy int for him

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 09:10 AM   #264
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post

HA HA!

Not a perfect game from my perspective, but you rarely get one in game 2, on the road, with a new offense, and a pretty new QB.

The D failed in the 1st quarter - missed assignments, couldn't get off their blocks, etc... but they settled in and played pretty damn well for 3 quarters. To pick apart that Hail Mary is petty though. You're literally just looking for something to complain about there.

Only 8 out of 32 teams are 2-0. We are one of those 8. I just think there's more to celebrate than pick apart...but if it makes you feel better, keep going with the negativity my friend.
Old 09-18-2023, 09:29 AM   #265
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
And he kinda misplayed it by like a half yard because at first I thought it was an easy int for him
I have no idea how that ball made it that far, since I think it may be been slightly tipped at the LOS.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-18-2023, 09:30 AM   #266
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

It was a fluke...blind luck. That's why the play is literally named after a prayer.
Old 09-18-2023, 09:49 AM   #267
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
HA HA!

Not a perfect game from my perspective, but you rarely get one in game 2, on the road, with a new offense, and a pretty new QB.

The D failed in the 1st quarter - missed assignments, couldn't get off their blocks, etc... but they settled in and played pretty damn well for 3 quarters. To pick apart that Hail Mary is petty though. You're literally just looking for something to complain about there.

Only 8 out of 32 teams are 2-0. We are one of those 8. I just think there's more to celebrate than pick apart...but if it makes you feel better, keep going with the negativity my friend.

So your negatives are worth mentioning but others are not ? Gotcha.

The hail mary, which succeeded, was not played well Chief and damn near cost us a W. I don’t think there is a defender involved on that play that is watching it today saying “ damn i did everything right”. Not sure how two wr’s getting behind our defense on a hail mary isn’t concerning to you.
I think what everyone keeps saying, that you seem to be ignoring or misconstruing is that the sloppy play and slow starts will not cut it once we start playing good teams. Like the next two weeks. It isn’t negative to not be so excited about being better than the Cardinals or Broncos. It is concerning that we are playing a brand of football that will not cut it against playoff caliber teams. Unless of course your goal is simply to not be one of the worst teams. You wanna keep calling people negative for being concerned about sloppy play against shit teams have at it though. I’ve said that before.
Old 09-18-2023, 09:55 AM   #268
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

Good point about Forbes. Definitely was thinking INT. Total ball hawk. Rookie mistake for sure. St Juste was way out of position. Had a few guys that let Denver players get behind them and one that got behind them but by a mile. Betcha JDR running some hail mary drills this week. You gotta get in that mix and swat that shit into the Rocky Mountains. Again, hope this is the last time a poorly played hail mary is the topic of discussion. My heart cannot take that shit again.