Alex Effect - 2019 Draft

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-23-2018, 12:09 PM   #76
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Alex Effect - 2019 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
I agree it's a different league but that method isn't that far in the past.

Jacksonville made it to the AFC championship with Blake Bortles, a great RB, and defense.

I agree with you though, there are two types of teams. Teams with good qb's and teams looking for a qb.

There are two main competing schools of thought, mortgage the farm for a guy (RG3) or stay medium while searching and building.

I'm for the latter just because drafting Qb's is such a crap shoot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
True but look at them now? In order to have sustained success you have to have a stud under center. This is why we have to draft a QB in 2019, and if we miss then draft another one in 2020. We have no chance right now because we have Alex and Colt.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-23-2018, 12:14 PM   #77
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
We need help at every position besides DL. I'd move on from Norman, Brown, and Foster. Dix hasn't done enough yet to earn a big contract. I'd think about moving on from Reed and/or Davis too. Probably need to keep 1 of them.

Right now, I'd try to re-sign Preston. Anderson is playing better too. If Smith is too expensive, that's another position we'll need to fill.

Needs:

CB x 2
S
ILB × 2
OLB (unless Smith is resigned)
WR x 2
G and/or C x 2
TE
QB

This would also include FA.

Fire Bruce Allen. Probably time to move on from Gruden too, especially if there is a plan to draft QB.

Good luck front office.
So basically what you're saying is replace most of the team?? lol. It's pretty simple for me, if we have better QB play we have a chance to win the game, despite all the bad shit that happened we could have won if we have a better QB. That can erase a whole lot of bad. I love Colt be he isn't a 16 game starter.
Old 11-23-2018, 12:24 PM   #78
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I wouldn't cut Norman, but would look to lessen his cap and overall salary...I think he would be willing because he wont make premium money on the market.

I'd do the same with Reed, I think he would be willing as well.

We need to get a young QB on the roster, but I don't think we are pressed to spend a 1st round on one unless we really like the guy. I think we should continue to build the running game with Guard, a second TE to replace Davis who provides better blocking. Id give Peterson a chance to re-up on a one year deal and pair him with Guice. Id keep CT and Bibbs...cut Perine and Kelly.

But Im firing Bruce Allen for sure...unless this is done, I have zero belief in this franchise.

I don't know if Im getting rid of Jay, but Im firing the O Coordinator and bring in a vet OC to run the offense. There should be some decent ones available.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:28 PM   #79
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
So basically what you're saying is replace most of the team?? lol. It's pretty simple for me, if we have better QB play we have a chance to win the game, despite all the bad shit that happened we could have won if we have a better QB. That can erase a whole lot of bad. I love Colt be he isn't a 16 game starter.
Yep, lol. That's 11 or 12 guys. Between the draft and FA its doable and imo needed. I want a young defense led my nasty DL.

Forgot to include, I'd extend Swearinger. Him and Allen would be good defensive leaders.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:34 PM   #80
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I wouldn't cut Norman, but would look to lessen his cap and overall salary...I think he would be willing because he wont make premium money on the market.

We need to get a young QB on the roster, but I don't think we are pressed to spend a 1st round on one unless we really like the guy. I think we should continue to build the running game with Guard, a second TE to replace Davis who provides better blocking. Id give Peterson a chance to re-up on a one year deal and pair him with Guice. Id keep CT and Bibbs...cut Perine and Kelly.

But Im firing Bruce Allen for sure...unless this is done, I have zero belief in this franchise.

I don't know if Im getting rid of Jay, but Im firing the O Coordinator and bring in a vet OC to run the offense. There should be some decent ones available.
I hope we spend 1st pick on a WR1 or CB1. Even a beast ILB. Get a QB in round 2.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #81
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Jay is the o-coordinator. I think there might be a guy there with the title, but it's name only. IIRC Jay said he would resume coordinator responsibilities with McVay gone. I know he's def. the playcaller though.

Which leads to my next point: If true, Jay needs to hire someone to be the main o-coordinator and run the offense. If he stays I would prefer he focus all his time on HC responsibilities.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 05:30 PM   #82
MTK
\m/

Quote:

Hold up now, haven’t you been saying since the Smith trade went down that you thought Colt could have handled the job?
Old 11-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #83
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Hold up now, haven’t you been saying since the Smith trade went down that you thought Colt could have handled the job?
Yes, but I have also said regardless of how Colt plays, good or bad, we have to draft a Qb within the first couple rounds. Colt could lead us to the playoffs and we have a deep playoff run and QB should still be the #1 priority.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:19 PM   #84
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Yes, but I have also said regardless of how Colt plays, good or bad, we have to draft a Qb within the first couple rounds. Colt could lead us to the playoffs and we have a deep playoff run and QB should still be the #1 priority.
Both QBs are on the wrong side of 30 so it makes sense to Draft a QB.
But we are stuck with the Smith/McCoy show for at least one more year so let’s hope the best QB gets the job regardless of their pay.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:22 PM   #85
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Yep, lol. That's 11 or 12 guys. Between the draft and FA its doable and imo needed. I want a young defense led my nasty DL.

Forgot to include, I'd extend Swearinger. Him and Allen would be good defensive leaders.
Ok and out of those 11 or 12 that you want, how many do you think they'll hit on? Fact is 1/2 of 1st rounders turn out to be busts. Same w/ free agency and trades.. look at our own free agents? Most have been subpar signings.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:25 PM   #86
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Both QBs are on the wrong side of 30 so it makes sense to Draft a QB.
But we are stuck with the Smith/McCoy show for at least one more year so let’s hope the best QB gets the job regardless of their pay.
Yeah this pretty much...still think you leverage it by building a stronger run game in the mean time.

Also, Keim has mentioned this, but we need to add more speed...at WR...Quinn looks he has it in the slot, Paul rich supposedly has it-but injured...we need more speed. CT has it but injured, but I’m bringing him back because we need the threat on the field.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:32 PM   #87
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Yeah this pretty much...still think you leverage it by building a stronger run game in the mean time.

Also, Keim has mentioned this, but we need to add more speed...at WR...Quinn looks he has it in the slot, Paul rich supposedly has it-but injured...we need more speed. CT has it but injured, but I’m bringing him back because we need the threat on the field.
Rich can walk AFAIC. He is a one-trick pony on a team with no qb that can complete the trick. Bad fit, and bad money for a guy who can't stay on the field. Time to do some scouting, maybe bring in a guy who's getting squeezed out by a team with too much depth. We could draft a guy but he'd take years to develop (not a fan unless it's an ODB type in the draft).
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #88
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Rich can walk AFAIC. He is a one-trick pony on a team with no qb that can complete the trick. Bad fit, and bad money for a guy who can't stay on the field. Time to do some scouting, maybe bring in a guy who's getting squeezed out by a team with too much depth. We could draft a guy but he'd take years to develop (not a fan unless it's an ODB type in the draft).
Well he back at least another year with the new contract. I think doctson needs to fight for a spot though.

IMO, I would love to see a Kenny stills/Jon brown type player here..not gonna break the bank. Good speed/vet/route running.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:46 PM   #89
MTK
\m/

I like Richardson, he was the only WR doing anything early on.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:51 PM   #90
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I like Richardson, he was the only WR doing anything early on.
His knock is the same as CT. Always hurt

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk