Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Week 6:Redskins vs. Colts Gameday thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #991
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Re: Week 6:Redskins vs. Colts Gameday thread

Hey, I told everyone i knew, that if we went 3 and 3, we would make the playoffs. Well I hope they will.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #992
Takeuon
Impact Rookie

How about Torain! Guy was super impressive tonight!

Hope he has a bright future with us
#21 Will always be missed. Gone but not forgotten
Takeuon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:53 PM   #993
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushead View Post
I have no idea how you think this team has a lot of talent. You can' say anything good about the offensive line except TW looks like he'll be great. We have a terrible WR core. Our defensive secondary, LBs, and DL are all thin since the switch in schemes. We are probably stillt he oldest team in the NFL after cutting all those old players.

I think this is an overachieving team, which i'm fine with, but I have no idea how you can say this team has talent compared to other teams.
Every team has talent and we have a few older players like Galloway, Daniels, Holiday, London, which makes our team appear old. we also have some nice young and up in coming players.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:53 PM   #994
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well unfortunately the media is going to make it sound like the Colts blew us out of the water.
Some folks here already have that covered.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:53 PM   #995
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
The thing that ends up pissing me off the most about losing this game, is how big next weeks game is now....and really the next two weeks. I think the Bears and Lions are two teams we should beat, but two teams I'm very afraid of at the same time, especially being on the road. I told myself I'd be happy if we could take a game from either Green Bay or Indianapolis; and I am. We won in Green Bay and played better than I thought I'd see us play against the Colts.... but now these next two games are must win. At worst we have to go 1-1, but I think we're playing well enough where we should expect to win these games....

Overall, there are lots of negative things I could harp on in terms of on the field... but Peyton Manning is the greatest quarterback I've ever seen, and he does that to everyone (in the regular season at least), and I'm not upset with our defense too much... I thought this whole team played with heart, a desire to win, and I think they expected to win this football game as well. Kudos to the coaches for getting the team ready and coming out the way they did.... now follow it up the next two weeks and we could be onto something....

Looking at the rest of the division next week, Philadelphia is @ Tennessee which should be a tough game... and the Giants and Cowboys are playing on Monday Night, and we're @ Chicago. I think we have the best draw (assuming Dallas is out of it)... and while I kind of want to see NY put the Cowboys dead to rights, if we can get a win, it might be a game where we're better off having Dallas win.
The Lions are playing much better this year and they beat us last year. That game is going to be real close and so is Chicago. I think we're looking at a split there.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:54 PM   #996
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well unfortunately the media is going to make it sound like the Colts blew us out of the water.
Media didn't have us down 14-0
Old 10-17-2010, 11:54 PM   #997
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
We had 10 pts off turnovers
And we could have had more. Learn the difference between optimzing and satisfycing. You fall into the category of the former.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:55 PM   #998
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

I'm already over this loss, we lost to a good team with a Great QB, maybe the best ever..
Old 10-17-2010, 11:55 PM   #999
Gtothearry
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
If you go back and look at it though, Torain had two blockers and a lot of space in front of him. One of their linebackers made a great play to knife behind everybody and stuff it.

The Colts also lined up for a push up the middle in anticipation of a run up the center, so in reality Shanahan actually called the play perfectly. It just wasn't perfectly executed.
When had they stopped us going up the middle? :cheeky-sm 3 feet come on push the d-line back and hit it.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:55 PM   #1000
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
Hey we play 2 NFC teams in the next 2 weeks and these games are more important so lets get focused to go 5-3 guys. GG Redskins way to play hard and tough right down to the last series.
Exactly. Every game is important, some a little more so than others
Old 10-17-2010, 11:55 PM   #1001
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Passing game and rush defense did us in tonight. The rush defense was by systematic design: we need to tackle better, but we were willing to give up 5.0 YPC in order to keep the ball out of Peyton's hands. Too many long runs due to shoddy tackling.

We just don't have much of a passing game. We did much better in pass protection than last week, but the pocket was just never clean all night. McNabb made a bunch of errors with his arm. We ran the ball 22 times. In hindsight, it just wasn't frequent enough.
I felt the same way. I don't think we were egregiously ignoring the run but more than once I thought we should have run the ball when we didn't. On that 3&3 at the end of the first half I was pretty ticked we didn't run for it and instead went for the big play. It didn't make a lot of sense to me. At worst we get run stuffed and still try a long field goal but take some time off the clock. Instead we pass incomplete, miss a long field goal and give Manning the ball back with too much time. I felt all game we didn't try to keep the ball out of his hands quite enough.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #1002
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

These next 2 games were always must wins GMAC.

They are NFC games and we need to win those as they are more important than the AFC games.

I aways thought the Bears and Lions games are huge. The Bears game in particular is a big game as they are in the mix for the playoffs.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #1003
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

You know honestly I'm not as upset as I figured I'd be. Even though we were down by 10 most of the game we managed to at least have a shot at the end to tie/win. We could've won this game if we had managed to execute a little better, if Carlos/Kareem didn't drop picks, if McNabb's final throw had been 1 foot higher, but I don't want to be one to play the what if game. I feel like this team has improved but obviously we have more room for improvement. I guess I'm just disappointed because I would've loved to see this team beat a defacto contender like Indy but at least we made strides.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #1004
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeuon View Post
How about Torain! Guy was super impressive tonight!

Hope he has a bright future with us
He ran pretty well as I'd expect him to against a poor run defense. As Collingsworth pointed out stop trying to bounce everything outside and just lower your pads and get 2-4 tough yards.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #1005
right21arm

worst play calling ever. hail landry.
right21arm is offline   Reply With Quote