Let's talk good beer

Parking Lot

Old 12-22-2017, 12:43 PM   #1291
MTK
\m/

Re: Let's talk good beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Okay ,so I have told you about how I go up to the Berkshires in Mass usually in the fall for a few days (4/5) and tend to try a bunch of beers and bring home a few.Well Saturday night I got an idea and by Sunday morning I was gone. I drove to Mass ,yes all on a whim! Son in-law got back from deployment and has always loved the beer I bring back but knows it's always in the fall. So for Christmas ...from ... me , I am giving him a case of the special beer I get and bring back, 7 hours up and I spent the night at my favorite Inn up there waited till 9 am for the store to open and bought three case's. Took about 6 1/2 hours back to Maryland( I rolled) plus I got him a couple of special "pint glass's ) to enjoy his beverages! The wife can not understand how I could spend roughly 17/16 hours driving ,over $400 dollars for room ,food and gas and over another hundred for the beer,just to buy this beer .She asked why I couldn't just go to the liquor store and get beer and I LOL and said ,NO..Anyway it was a great 48 hours!Berkshires had a good 6-10 inches depending on where you were but it might be gone by now,it was 47 up there.
What beer did you buy?

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2017, 02:02 PM   #1292
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
What beer did you buy?
Sorry. Two case's Berkshire Steel Rail Pale Ale, one case Big Elm American Lager and one of Big Elm IPA. All gifts .
Old 03-27-2018, 10:29 AM   #1293
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Just for information purpose's but...April 7th is National Beer Day!!!! Get your pints ready!
Old 10-27-2018, 08:15 AM   #1294
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Just saw this and it reminded me that I won't get up to New England this fall for my annual Beer run.

https://247wallst.com/special-report...cious-beers/9/
Old 10-27-2018, 08:31 AM   #1295
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Nice post g1

..have a complaint about some local trends in some beer making, especially ipas...I’ve noticed beers seem to be pouring with less and less body these days. The body seems to be the consistency of lemonade or like a light tea. Several breweries I’ve Been too in the last several months I’ve noticed it. On beers poured there as well as releases usually in cans. To me it taste less like beer.

Don’t like it.

Soap box over...

Had a sweet water single hop hazy ipa Mosaic recently and it was delicious. Good stuff. Sweet water is pretty avg usually, but this stood out.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #1296
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Nice post g1

..have a complaint about some local trends in some beer making, especially ipas...I’ve noticed beers seem to be pouring with less and less body these days. The body seems to be the consistency of lemonade or like a light tea. Several breweries I’ve Been too in the last several months I’ve noticed it. On beers poured there as well as releases usually in cans. To me it taste less like beer.

Don’t like it.

Soap box over...

Had a sweet water single hop hazy ipa Mosaic recently and it was delicious. Good stuff. Sweet water is pretty avg usually, but this stood out.

Trying to find the artical but I read somewhere that there were only so many glass makers basically creating a shortage on bottles and the the "Craft Market" is saving money on the cans.

Maybe this might help...............

https://www.americancraftbeer.com/6-...y-moving-cans/
Old 11-08-2018, 05:04 PM   #1297
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Drake's IPA and 1500 Pale Ale. From San Leandro, CA. Both are amazing.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:20 PM   #1298
SunnySide
Playmaker

Yesh, this thread has died. I guess the IPA craze is over.

The guy secretly shipping Ru$$ian River Pl1ny bottles out of San Fran is at it again. Real good prices, $5 a bottle or so but shipping gets you.

PM me and Ill send you the info.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 08:10 PM   #1299
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Actually driving up to New England this weekend to pick up some beer!
Old 09-26-2019, 10:49 PM   #1300
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Love this beer and love this island...

Old 09-27-2019, 08:07 AM   #1301
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Yesh, this thread has died. I guess the IPA craze is over.

The guy secretly shipping Ru$$ian River Pl1ny bottles out of San Fran is at it again. Real good prices, $5 a bottle or so but shipping gets you.

PM me and Ill send you the info.
I think most people are just drinking local brands, I know I am. National brands I still hit up cigar city, Oskar blues.

Something i hate...because of distribution dispute, Virginia hasn’t gotten Bells brewery since February...hard living without 2 hearted ale

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:43 PM   #1302
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think most people are just drinking local brands, I know I am. National brands I still hit up cigar city, Oskar blues.

Something i hate...because of distribution dispute, Virginia hasn’t gotten Bells brewery since February...hard living without 2 hearted ale
Dale's Pale Ale is good stuff. Sweet can too.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:49 PM   #1303
MTK
\m/

Just piggybacking off what Chico said about local stuff, seems to be so many damn good local breweries that keep popping up everywhere. It's such a great time to be beer fan. This is one of my go to spots, everything is just so fucking good.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:50 PM   #1304
SunnySide
Playmaker

I basically just drink local as well (RAR, Burley, Union, Monument etc) but getting Pl1ny is still a special occasion. With the dollar in my pocket going to my local brewers, I think it forced bigger companies to expand distribution (Surly is in MD now) or start producing more (Maine Lunch, Founders KBS). In Md I can buy a case of Lunch right this second vs 3 years ago it was on a 2 bottle limit. Bells Expedition Stout, I used to buy a case or so bc it would last maybe 2 months on the shelves and now it seems unlimited.

In Rehobeth, they had bottles of CBS and KBS just sitting on the shelves .. in September.

My one gripe - RAR make more of your damn stouts. I dont need tangerine Country Ride or Naticoke Nectar ... I need 10 layer and 1st meal.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:40 PM   #1305
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I played hooky today and went mountain biking at patapsco valley state park. Stopped at ellicott mills brewery for lunch had their pumpkin ale and then a flight with their Oktoberfest, Dunkel, pale ale and IPA. Definitely worth a trip
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote