Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who had a better season last year Smoot or Bailey?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-04-2004, 04:53 AM   #1
RedskinPete
The Starter

Who had a better season last year Smoot or Bailey?

I have to tell you Smoot play well last year and Bailey was burned a few times. The one thing I would have to say about Bailey he would come up on the run and stop it! As for Springs vs Bailey I just don't see Bailey way a head of Springs! We will see. But here is something to think about. Is Bailey that great? Who is better D . Green or Bailey? I just remember Green doing so much and I got out the old tapes and they say a lot! One thing is for sure the D line was no help to Smoot or Bailey last year and Smoot and Springs will need more help in 2004! Daniels and Griffin are a good start but there is a need for more!!!!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2004, 04:39 PM   #2
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Champ got burned a million times last year and personally I think Smoot had a better year.

But I agree with you that part of the reason for all those burns was that Champ was the ONLY guy on the whole D that could tackle in the open field and thus stop the run.

As for Champ vs. DG - it's not even close.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 01:16 AM   #3
SittingBull
Camp Scrub

I think smoot only did better cuz he was always covering the #2. If their positions were switched Champs numbers would be much higher and vice versa for Smoot.
SittingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 01:52 AM   #4
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

They both played well, it's kinda hard to compare them. But Smoot became a team leader and one of my favorites. He's the man.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:39 AM   #5
bridaman51
Special Teams

It is hard to say as previously stated Smoot covered the number two receiver most of the time but did cover the number one at times. I Know Champ as deserted the redskins and punked out, but he still played very well last year. I did however watch him get toasted twice in the pro-bowl this year one time by Harrison and I cant remember who the other was. Champ is a great corner, but the fact that we got a premier runner and another really good corner in return is worth it. As for who was better last year I would have to say Smoot it was really close but I saw a lot of heart, determination and pride out of Smoot last year that I think was laking out of Champ (probably because he knew he was leaving so all he did was play to help him get paid). I think Smoot has a great future and beleive he will be our number guy and again put up more interceptions this year Than Champ in Denver.
bridaman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 09:18 AM   #6
ChounsMan
Special Teams

Exclamation

I agree, Smoots was covering the #2 most of the time & Champ took on the #1's. I definitely think Champ was challenged more because he was covering the #1. Ohalette did a great job helping Champ with dbl covers. Bowen in my opinion played way to aggressive..!!!
Old 03-05-2004, 01:56 PM   #7
SittingBull
Camp Scrub

Didnt Bowen injure bailey in practice last season? Probably tried to knock some sense into him hehe
Old 03-08-2004, 10:35 PM   #8
azskinsfan2
Special Teams

Sounds like alot of you forgot what Smoot was playing with last year. He had a bruised sternum and continued to play with the injury because he knew the Skins needed him in the lineup. He also took over the leadership position (which Champ never even attempted). Springs will be comparable to Champ and with Smoot still around we've got em covered!!!
Champ never came close to DG!!!! It'll take Superman to even try!!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 11:12 PM   #9
Ghost
Special Teams

Darrell Green is one of the greatest CBs to ever step onto a football field, a future hall of famer who played for TWENTY years, always saving his best performances for when the team really needed him. He was able to do things that looked like magic. I've never seen a player move around like Darrell could when he was young, in his prime ... it was like everyone else was standing still. No one in the game today is that far ahead of everyone else in terms of pure speed. Vick probably comes closest. And when Darrell Green rose to the occasion and took a punt or an interception back for a TD, I don't know if people remember but it was just breathtaking to watch. Plus he's a good, kind, humble guy ... it comes across every time he's interviewed. You simply can't measure what he has meant to this franchise. And you can't compare him to Champ Bailey. Anyone who watched Darrell's career understands why.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:25 PM   #10
Ghost
Special Teams

I remember reading that Darrell Green ran a 4.17 forty at one point in the mid-1980s. Can anyone verify that?
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:33 AM   #11
SittingBull
Camp Scrub

I remember when Darrel Green visited my high school back in the day. I couldnt believe how short he was! I knew he was short compared to most CBs but watching him on TV made him look bigger. He is the Jerry Rice of CBs though or maybe i should see Jerry Rice is the Darrel Green of receivers.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:19 PM   #12
bridaman51
Special Teams

It is absolutely absurd to even mention bailey's name with DG's (even if Champ still was a skin). The man was small yes but it was probably because god could not make a heart any bigger than that because that man was all heart. I will never forget when I saw him chase down from behind the greatest wide receiver ever in Jerry Rice it was simply amazing. I dont remember what year it was I just remember him catching Rice.
bridaman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:41 PM   #13
azskinsfan2
Special Teams

I might be getting a little older but as far as I can remember that was Tony Dorsett of the Cowboys he chased down from behind. And that has got to be one of the best highlight plays in Redskin history (along with Riggo's run of course!!!)