Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room

In all the various mock drafts, is their one player you'd HATE for the Skins to draft at 15?

Redskins Locker Room

Old 04-24-2019, 03:26 PM   #46
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Re: In all the various mock drafts, is their one player you'd HATE for the Skins to draft at 15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Haskins has no mobility. The big slow footed pure pocket QB's are going to be a thing of the past in a few years. Sure I'd love to have him but not at #15. In the 2nd or 3rd round sure.
I hear what you are saying, and the mobile QB is the latest fad. But find me a 'running QB' that has had any career worth merit after the age of 30.

Just saying, there's lots of young running QBs out there. But there are no old ones.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2019, 03:28 PM   #47
los panda
Pro Bowl

Re: In all the various mock drafts, is their one player you'd HATE for the Skins to draft at 15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
I hear what you are saying, and the mobile QB is the latest fad. But find me a 'running QB' that has had any career worth merit after the age of 30.

Just saying, there's lots of young running QBs out there. But there are no old ones.
Fran Tarkenton and Steve Young come to mind, but yes, it is extremely rare.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:36 PM   #48
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Steve Young
A day late and a dollar short.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:53 PM   #49
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Tarkenton's rushing dropped a lot as he got older. On the other hand if every step a QB took was added up I don't think anyone covered more ground than Tarkenton.
Good call, he was so much fun to watch scrambling around back there like a sandlot game.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:38 PM   #50
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Love this. From 1983 to 1999 Marino played in 242 games. He career rushing yards over that time is 87. Not per game, not per season....his entire career.

Watching the 30 for 30 "From Elway to Marino", which focuses on the 1983 First Round of the Draft, is a tad painful.

Marino almost dropped all the way to the Skins with the last pick in the first round. Can you imagine Joe Gibbs, with Dan Marino??? Holy crap. I know I have read that Gibbs was getting more and more excited as Marino kept falling.

Of course, the Skins snagging Darrell Green instead, was pretty amazing too. But it makes you wonder ... would Green have been there for the Skins in round 2?? Coming out of Texas A & I, I think it's possible. Then you would have had Marino in round 1, and Green in round 2. Wowsa.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:02 PM   #51
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter

Welcome back Bob.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:09 PM   #52
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Steve Young
He was a pure passer too, a Wilson like in his era

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:38 PM   #53
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
I just realized the Redskins haven't had any sustained decent play at the QB position since Joe Theisman. He retired over 30 years ago. The longest sustained run since was 3 straight years of Cousins starting.
Which is why I thought we'd keep Cousins. What was I thinking? LOL!
Old 04-24-2019, 08:44 PM   #54
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I just realized the Redskins haven't had any sustained decent play at the QB position since Joe Theisman. He retired over 30 years ago. The longest sustained run since was 3 straight years of Cousins starting.
And even that sustained run was with a QB that did not want to play here and wanted to get paid elite QB money.
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:58 PM   #55
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Isn't Tom Brady the slowest of all of those? He ran like a 5.3 forty at the combine he probably runs a 6 flat now.

I also remember when Colin Kaepernick and RG3 were considered the prototypical new QB.
Brady can move in the pocket as well as anyone.

You don't have to run a 4.5 when you know when to take that extra step up to buy the extra time to throw.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:27 AM   #56
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
Metcalf is a first round talent. He's big, strong, and fast as hell. He's a victim of a poor scheme that didn't utilize his talent. He will be a star in this league.
Could he be another in a long line of work out freaks that do not produce consistently on the field?
Plus with our history of injured players and drafting injured players, Metcalf has had his share. He had a neck injury that caused him to miss the remainder a season and required surgery.

From San Diego Tribune:
"....He likely has a fusion at one level to treat disc herniation and/or ligamentous instability. Many players have continued their career from a single level fusion surgery. ...... If he needed a second level fused, that indeed would jeopardize his career. He should be well healed by now. He also had a foot injury as a freshman, though there is not much information regarding that injury. The bigger issue might not be medical but his poor performance on agility drills compared to his measurable, which were off the charts."
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:29 AM   #57
MTK
\m/

Re: In all the various mock drafts, is there one player you'd HATE for the Skins to draft at 15?

I donít like Metcalf at all, gym rat with underwhelming tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2019, 11:53 AM   #58
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Metcalf is a first round talent. He's big, strong, and fast as hell. He's a victim of a poor scheme that didn't utilize his talent. He will be a star in this league.
What about the scheme didn't utilize his talent?

Ole Miss seemed to be able to use Brown's talent. He could run more than one route though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #59
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex

Quote:
Who gives a f*k about agility drills? Can he run a 9 route, a slant, or post route? Those are the routes that will make him elite.
He can't run the others well enough to keep DBs honest. They'll just back off him and have time to drive on the ball.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:37 PM   #60
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Who gives a f*k about agility drills? Can he run a 9 route, a slant, or post route? Those are the routes that will make him elite.
Are you blind or stupid? See the part of the quote I posted that is IN BOLD AND UNDERLINED. That is the point I was raising and why he might drop out of being a top 10 or 20 pick in this draft. He has an injury that if re injured could shorten or end his career. The rest of the quote about agility I do not give a fuck about.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote