C 2 2.94%
D 0 0%
F 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2020, 07:43 AM   #421
MTK
\m/

Re: Ron Rivera Thread

One important thing that Ron Rivera will bring to the Redskins, according to an NFL agent

Advertisements
Old 01-24-2020, 08:11 AM   #422
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Man I cant wait for JULY!
Old 01-24-2020, 11:10 AM   #423
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Wrong, he went to become Matt LaFleur part 2, the Rams offense went downhill after he left last year. You are underestimating KOC.
The Titans offense got better once LaFleur left.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:04 PM   #424
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The Titans offense got better once LaFleur left.
To be fair, the offense got better when Tannehill replaced Mariota..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:21 PM   #425
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
To be fair, the offense got better when Tannehill replaced Mariota..
There’s the money shot right there.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:32 PM   #426
Warthog
The Starter

Ron Rivera Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Wrong, he went to become Matt LaFleur part 2, the Rams offense went downhill after he left last year. You are underestimating KOC.

I’m not underestimating KOC. He might turn out to be a great OC or possibly even a good or better HC outside the Redskins organization, as others obviously haves done who left this dumpster fire. However, he’s probably not ready for prime time, RIGHT NOW. He’s going to learn under McVay and will be used to design plays for the offense.

The Redskins were the 32nd in terms of offense. Mostly it was Gruden and Callahan. But any team would be crazy to move KOC right to a OC spot after he ran the worse offense in the NFL and until they’re sure he really has what it takes to have that much responsibility. KOC may be great one day, but for now he’s going to learn under the master.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 01-27-2020 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Error in writing
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:40 AM   #427
SunnySide
Playmaker

The Carolina Panthers mismanaged Cam Newton’s injuries for the last few years before they released him, the quarterback’s former teammate Mike Tolbert said in an interview Monday.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/panth...-teammate-says

Former player basically questions panthers decision to hold off on 2 different surgeries at 2 different times. Sounds like it’s the old “let’s hold off on surgery, see if you can play and win some games because if you have surgery now before the season starts then this is a lame duck season right out of the gate” approach. The old “LHOOS, SIYCPAWSGBIYHSNBTSSTTIALDSROOTG”.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:39 PM   #428
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
The Carolina Panthers mismanaged Cam Newton’s injuries for the last few years before they released him, the quarterback’s former teammate Mike Tolbert said in an interview Monday.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/panth...-teammate-says

Former player basically questions panthers decision to hold off on 2 different surgeries at 2 different times. Sounds like it’s the old “let’s hold off on surgery, see if you can play and win some games because if you have surgery now before the season starts then this is a lame duck season right out of the gate” approach. The old “LHOOS, SIYCPAWSGBIYHSNBTSSTTIALDSROOTG”.
LOL! Yes, that management approach is common enough in the NFL to have its own acronym.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:25 PM   #429
SunnySide
Playmaker

RR did a 30 min plus zoom press conf with the media today. I caught the last 10 mins or so. Nothing much stands out except RR sounds like a very prepared, detailed oriented person. Which I like. Worry about what you can control. Your attention to details, team preparedness.

- adding a vet -- he said he wants to see what the young guys on the roster have first, then they may add if a player doesnt develop as fast as they hoped.

- LT, CB and WR were the groups he singled out as being excited to see what they in the young guys before considering bringing in a vet.

- disappointed he didnt get to address the team in person to start to get a feel for the room and had to do a team meeting via zoom.

- Proud of how Haskins and Chase have supported the protests.

- he made a statement re the civil unrest in the beginning that I missed but they said he had the right tone, message and approach

- he will support any players that want to kneel

- Snyder is donating 250k to a cause
Old 06-19-2020, 03:45 AM   #430
Warthog
The Starter

Ron Rivera Thread

Sunny side, you make a really good point here: RR is saving spots in case young players don’t perform or grow as much as he’d like. The Redskins have an Uber amount of cash in the 2020 cap, as well as open spots, in order to pick up players dumped from other teams. I think we’ll see a half dozen players signed near the end of TC/PS, as other teams make the tough cuts of good players that they have to let go due to cap space or too many players in one position. I saw that da Bears have 10 TE. We might get a good TE from that group. Lol.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 07-04-2020 at 04:24 PM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:00 PM   #431
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Here's a breakdown of the coverages the Panthers used since 2015 and where that ranks:

- cover 1: 16% (32nd)
- cover 2: 9.5% (22nd)
- cover 3: 34.7% (7th)
- cover 4: 22% (1st)
- cover 6: 8.3% (13th)
Old 06-20-2020, 01:33 AM   #432
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Here's a breakdown of the coverages the Panthers used since 2015 and where that ranks:

- cover 1: 16% (32nd)
- cover 2: 9.5% (22nd)
- cover 3: 34.7% (7th)
- cover 4: 22% (1st)
- cover 6: 8.3% (13th)
Coverages all have pros and cons. All based on talent and what your talent is good at.

All things being equal I like Cover 1 with a single high safety.

But if you don't have a minimum of 2 good man on man guys and no worse than a solid FS, this defense would get abused.

Don't like C2 for us because I don't think we have the LBs to be able to get back in the deepish middle between the safeties.

C3 would be my 2nd favorite coverage. I think we could be OK here.

C4, I think NFL QBs are too good to play this defense on a regular basis. Death by a 1000 cuts. Rather play more aggressive and get burnt deep from time to time.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:18 AM   #433
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Don't like C2 for us because I don't think we have the LBs to be able to get back in the deepish middle between the safeties.
Just to point out that's Tampa 2 not Cover 2. But yeah, needs a good cover MLB for T2. Regular C2 needs good S's that can sniff the deep threat quickly as they have more ground to cover.

And C4 should only really be used in 2nd/3rd and long, and even then usually in game chasing scenarios. Like you say, death of 1000 cuts if used as a general coverage scheme.

I too like predominantly C3, especially disguised as C2 or C4.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:18 PM   #434
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Coverages all have pros and cons. All based on talent and what your talent is good at.

All things being equal I like Cover 1 with a single high safety.

But if you don't have a minimum of 2 good man on man guys and no worse than a solid FS, this defense would get abused.

C3 would be my 2nd favorite coverage. I think we could be OK here.

C4, I think NFL QBs are too good to play this defense on a regular basis. Death by a 1000 cuts. Rather play more aggressive and get burnt deep from time to time.
One thing though. I don't know how much it is being used in the NFL, but the Cover 4 can used as a base coverage where on every play both safeties can audible their half of the field to a more specific coverage. I've seen it called Quarter defense.
Point being I'm not sure this stats means 22% of snaps where actually played with 4 players playing deep coverage.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2020, 08:56 PM   #435
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
RR did a 30 min plus zoom press conf with the media today. I caught the last 10 mins or so. Nothing much stands out except RR sounds like a very prepared, detailed oriented person. Which I like. Worry about what you can control. Your attention to details, team preparedness.

- adding a vet -- he said he wants to see what the young guys on the roster have first, then they may add if a player doesnt develop as fast as they hoped.

- LT, CB and WR were the groups he singled out as being excited to see what they in the young guys before considering bringing in a vet.

- disappointed he didnt get to address the team in person to start to get a feel for the room and had to do a team meeting via zoom.

- Proud of how Haskins and Chase have supported the protests.

- he made a statement re the civil unrest in the beginning that I missed but they said he had the right tone, message and approach

- he will support any players that want to kneel

- Snyder is donating 250k to a cause
I think Haskins and Young need to focus on being the best they can be for this up and coming football season. I'm disappointed that anyone on this team would support this idiotic cult-like movement. We have a bunch of America hating Marxists out here rioting, looting, vandalizing statues, and burning down buildings based on a false narrative. The last stats we have on police shooting unarmed black suspects were back in 2018. Based on those numbers only nine unarmed black people were shot by police out of 44 million. On the flip side, we have black on black crime, which contributes to on average around 7000 black deaths per year. This is by far the highest murder rate in the country. So if we get rid of all the police on black shootings it wouldn't crack a dent in the black murder rate. Now let me ask you a question. We have black on black homicide cause seven thousand murders in a year and on the other side we have police responsible for nine murders in a year. Which one is the bigger issue? One of the problems with the left-wing morons who control the black community is that they have been very successful at making very minor issues that don't make a difference into big issues, while completely ignoring the huge issues that are devastating the black community. This is why black people will remain at the bottom.

Ron Rivera doesn't deserve any credit at all for supporting the kneelers. We have plenty of cucks around the league and all on sports news doing that. If he had any real balls who would have stood up for the country instead of siding with the very people who want to destroy it. It doesn't take a lot of courage to go along with the mob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Sunny side, you make a really good point here: RR is saving spots in case young players don’t perform or grow as much as he’d like. The Redskins gave an Uber amount of cash in the 2020 cap, as well as open spots, in order to pick up players dumped from other teams. I think we’ll see a half dozen players signed near the end of TC/PS, as other teams make the tough cuts of good players that they have to let go due to cap space or too many players in one position. I saw that da Bears have 10 TE. We might get a good TE from that well. Lol.

I agree.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote