Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

"Don't embarass the team" rule

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-31-2004, 02:08 PM   #1
jdlea
Playmaker

"Don't embarass the team" rule

If this is Gibbs' rule #1 he should suspend Brunell...and himself!!
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-31-2004, 04:23 PM   #2
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

I ready to believe the game may have passed Gibbs by. 2-5!!@@!# 2-5!@!@#@

Gibbs is fielding the highest paid roster in league history and we're 2-5, in last place in the NFC East (if not the NFC). Gibbs doesn't know shit if he doesn't pull Brunell.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 04:31 PM   #3
djnemo65
Playmaker

I'm anxious to hear what defense for Brunell Gibbs can come up with in the post-game press conference.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 04:44 PM   #4
LongTimeSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Here! Here! Gibbs needs to call Brunell into his office and introduce him to a new teammate... the clipboard! Chart plays next week Mark!
LongTimeSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 05:09 PM   #5
illdefined
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
I ready to believe the game may have passed Gibbs by. 2-5!!@@!# 2-5!@!@#@

Gibbs is fielding the highest paid roster in league history and we're 2-5, in last place in the NFC East (if not the NFC). Gibbs doesn't know shit if he doesn't pull Brunell.
RF, you're smoking man. listen, Gibbs is transitioning to the new NFL, sure, and its gonna take time, he won ALOT his way for many years, so he's got to relearn. but he has all the coaching tools to do so successfully.

as for your calls for Ramsey, well, as inaccurate as Brunell is (boy, is he) i think Ramsey would get sacked SO much more and never get a chance to throw those lasers he's known for.

the modern game calls for a quick QB, on his feet and reading the defense (ie blitzes). unfortunately, Ramsey is neither. THATS why Gibbs sticks to Brunell. so whats worse, inaccurate but non-INT passes or sacks?
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 05:14 PM   #6
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Gibbs is having to rebuild this team from the ground up. What gets me is when people say the game has passed him by...yet in ever loss so far this year, the Redskins had opportunities to win those games....even knowing that this was more than likely going to be a rebuilding year.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 05:14 PM   #7
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quick QBs like Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, David Carr, Byron Leftwich, Ben Rothelisburger, Carson Palmer, Trent Green, Tom Brady, and Matt Hasselbeck. Oh wait. They can't run well at all and only go when they have to. Forgot!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 05:19 PM   #8
illdefined
Playmaker

think Ramsey can read a defense and react to a blitz as quick as any of those guys??
Old 10-31-2004, 05:25 PM   #9
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdefined
think Ramsey can read a defense and react to a blitz as quick as any of those guys??

Some of them, I would have to say yes. Theres one thing I do know. Hes not worse than Brunell.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 05:25 PM   #10
LongTimeSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Actually, I think Ramsey could outperform Brunell given the same offensive line and scheme. Yes he was pressured a lot last year under Spurrier's all Run and no Gun offense last year because he had little to no protection. Gibbs is known for protecting the QB and I think Ramsey really could shine in a Gibbs offense.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:47 PM   #11
VTSkins897
Impact Rookie

the way i see it the season seems all but lost... so why not get ramsey his reps now instead of stinking it up with brunell at Q. and ppl who are all about gibbs. know that the only reason it's even close is bc we have g. williams as DC, not JG. spurrier would have had the same record or better with this D. and gibbs would be winless with g. edwards. congrats to GW and the D (even with all the injuries) and pray that the O clicks soon.
VTSkins897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 06:07 PM   #12
illdefined
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeSkinsFan
Actually, I think Ramsey could outperform Brunell given the same offensive line and scheme. Yes he was pressured a lot last year under Spurrier's all Run and no Gun offense last year because he had little to no protection. Gibbs is known for protecting the QB and I think Ramsey really could shine in a Gibbs offense.
Brunell got sacked four times today. with 'max protect' on all the TEs in blocking. we still aint gettting the time, and in that case, Brunell has a better chance at success. just wish he was 100x more accurate.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:16 PM   #13
LongTimeSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Brunell got sacked four times today. with 'max protect' on all the TEs in blocking. we still aint gettting the time, and in that case, Brunell has a better chance at success. just wish he was 100x more accurate.
Yes he was sacked four times today, but as I remembered at least two of those sacks were 'coverage' sacks where Brunell had time with no one open and one sack for sure was on a blitz with Portis missing a block. For what he's getting paid, Brunell is underperforming.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:17 PM   #14
offiss

Quote:
RF, you're smoking man. listen, Gibbs is transitioning to the new NFL, sure, and its gonna take time, he won ALOT his way for many years, so he's got to relearn. but he has all the coaching tools to do so successfully.

as for your calls for Ramsey, well, as inaccurate as Brunell is (boy, is he) i think Ramsey would get sacked SO much more and never get a chance to throw those lasers he's known for.

the modern game calls for a quick QB, on his feet and reading the defense (ie blitzes). unfortunately, Ramsey is neither. THATS why Gibbs sticks to Brunell. so whats worse, inaccurate but non-INT passes or sacks?

I have to say ill. that is an inaccurate analisis!
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 06:34 PM   #15
illdefined
Playmaker

all i see is Brunell under pressure. yeah he sucks as a passer, but how do you guys really expect Ramsey to escape pressure better than Brunell and even get a CHANCE to pass?

ideally, our OLine and TE's held up better and we had Ramsey out there. but thats just NOT the case.