Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2020, 10:26 AM   #301
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,063
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...mpression=true
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-22-2020, 11:23 AM   #302
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 2,106
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I wonder why Moss attended 5 different High Schools and two colleges?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:24 AM   #303
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 93,560
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

If his last name wasn't Moss would we even care about this guy?

I'd love for him to pan out but I'm keeping my expectations pretty low.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:46 AM   #304
TKilla7126
Camp Scrub
 
TKilla7126's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 18
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Low risk, high reward.

We are thin at TE so I was downright giddy after this signing
TKilla7126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:25 PM   #305
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams
 
Pervis_Griffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 180
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If his last name wasn't Moss would we even care about this guy?

I'd love for him to pan out but I'm keeping my expectations pretty low.

Agreed.

He's got pedigree. Maybe that'll work for him. And us.

The opportunity is wide open for him. His Daddy would take advantage. Will he?
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:46 PM   #306
SunnySide
Impact Rookie
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 810
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Cornelius Lucas - our best bet at starting LT to start the season. I really like what Im reading on him. Not that he is going to be some stud pro bowl LT but he looks like a real good value add.

72.2 PFF grade

2019 - first year he was given a chance to start. Started 8 games for the Bears, played in all 16.

------------------------------------------------

Not only did Lucas play significantly more last season than he had in previous years, but he more than held his own along the Bears' offensive line.

Lucas allowed only one sack, per STATS LLC and gave up 12 pressures while incurring zero penalties on 507 snaps.

For his efforts, Lucas was named the Bears' most improved player in 2019, according to Pro Football Focus. He finished the year with an overall grade of 72.2, the first time in his career he graded above 65.0.



Lucas has never been seen as a full-time starter, but as it stands, he could assume that role for the Redskins in 2020.

Lucas started six games at right tackle last season and two at left tackle, and while Morgan Moses seems to have right tackle locked up, the other position remains wide open.
https://www.redskins.com/news/redski...things-to-know

2 yr/5.3M deal .. lots to like. Not saying the guy is the answer but perhaps he can stick around, maybe be our starting RT next year once we find our LT anchor.
__________________
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:38 PM   #307
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,319
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Lucas started six games at right tackle last season and two at left tackle, and while Morgan Moses seems to have right tackle locked up, the other position remains wide open.
What have you been smoking today? Morgan Moses doesn't even have a place on the roster locked up after the way he played last season.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:02 PM   #308
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,446
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
What have you been smoking today? Morgan Moses doesn't even have a place on the roster locked up after the way he played last season.
He didn't play good for sure, but can we afford not keeping him on the roster ? I'm not sure. Tackle is a position of need no matter how you put it.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:03 PM   #309
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,446
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Cornelius Lucas - our best bet at starting LT to start the season. I really like what Im reading on him. Not that he is going to be some stud pro bowl LT but he looks like a real good value add.

72.2 PFF grade

2019 - first year he was given a chance to start. Started 8 games for the Bears, played in all 16.

------------------------------------------------

Not only did Lucas play significantly more last season than he had in previous years, but he more than held his own along the Bears' offensive line.

Lucas allowed only one sack, per STATS LLC and gave up 12 pressures while incurring zero penalties on 507 snaps.

For his efforts, Lucas was named the Bears' most improved player in 2019, according to Pro Football Focus. He finished the year with an overall grade of 72.2, the first time in his career he graded above 65.0.



Lucas has never been seen as a full-time starter, but as it stands, he could assume that role for the Redskins in 2020.

Lucas started six games at right tackle last season and two at left tackle, and while Morgan Moses seems to have right tackle locked up, the other position remains wide open.
https://www.redskins.com/news/redski...things-to-know

2 yr/5.3M deal .. lots to like. Not saying the guy is the answer but perhaps he can stick around, maybe be our starting RT next year once we find our LT anchor.
You know what: good to read that.
I know pretty close to nothing about him, and if he can turn into another Ereck Flowers like nice surprise, I like it!
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:06 PM   #310
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,078
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Now that the draft is over, I'm running out of things to even bother looking up on the internet. My reading breakdown was: 90% sports, 5% news, 5% miscellaneous. I'm over reading the news right now, so I'm out on 95% of my internet usage. I really need to learn to like reading books.

I did go on Amazon Prime and save some sports movies. Might need to watch Friday Night Lights tonight.
__________________
I suffer from Pelosi Democrat Derangement Syndrome.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 01:19 PM   #311
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 986
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Im waiting for Kyle Smith to pick up the cast offs during TC but especially late in the PS. Late in the PreSeason other teams will be making the toughest cuts. Some good players will be dropped simply because they have too many average or above average players at a certain position.

For the positions where we are are very thin with players - such as at TE, OT and maybe CB. Especially at TE where the Redskins are VERY thin, with no definitive starters, adding a few oils recastoffs could instantly improve the TE crew. We would have their college tape and more importantly their PS film to evaluate their worth. The best thing is that they will come VERY CHEAP for one year contracts. Very high potential for a low, low cost.

The other teams will do all the work and we reap the reward. Our cap limit is very high $21 mill, which will carry over to next year when we sign the best of these new pickups. I am very interested to see how this new strategy works!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:22 PM   #312
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 2,106
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
What have you been smoking today? Morgan Moses doesn't even have a place on the roster locked up after the way he played last season.
Moses has been getting progressively worse year by year.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:18 AM   #313
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 986
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Moses has been getting progressively worse year by year.

Exactly. I hope we can coach up one of the OT players we have now, or pick up a FA dropped by other teams late in the PS. Then start Moses but bring on the new guy with some play time. Game time competition. If Moses pulls his head out of his azz and start s playing well - great. But I think he will continue to go downhill and be replaced sometime season. Too many penalties, too many missed blocks and he even pulled Scherff down with him. Were going to get someone THIS season to replace Moses


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:09 AM   #314
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,155
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Im not throwing the towel in on Moses, bring in competition to challenge him but I still think he has the tools to be a quality RT.
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:34 AM   #315
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,446
Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Im not throwing the towel in on Moses, bring in competition to challenge him but I still think he has the tools to be a quality RT.
I'm with you, he's been inconsistant but I don't think he's that bad. The penalties need to significantly decrease though.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.12358 seconds with 12 queries