Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The Haskins Threat 2.0

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Your opinion on Haskins heading into next season?
Promising, he looks like he could be a player 43 72.88%
Still on the fence 15 25.42%
He's a bust 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2020, 07:43 PM   #61
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 986
The Haskins Threat 2.0

Game 5 in the NFL Haskins had a 121 QB rating (max 154).

Game 6 in the NFL Haskins went higher and had a 141 QB rating.

This was with a make shift OL, no real TE to speak of, 3 rookie WR ( two of whom are very good to outstanding - McLaurin at WR#1 and Steve Sims at slot WR), and finally the outmoded offensive philosophy of Callahan, who pushed it on KOC.

Next year Haskins will have these new assets:

1.Very good to elite TE from FA
2.Improved OL, resign Flowers, resign Sherff and/or Trent Williams, new OL from draft, UDFA and FA. Moses probably gone.
3. Maybe new WR from draft (third or fourth round) or FA. Compete with Harmon for WR#2 spot
4. Better play calling from Scott Turner. More passing on first and second down and more imagination in play calling. Double the number of long pass attempts per game.
5. He’ll be better because he’ll get a lot MORE reps in practice, from the get go, and obviously more reps with the first squad.

Haskins will still be up and down, and he’ll make some mistakes, but for all the reasons above he’s going to be much better.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 01-29-2020 at 09:47 PM.
Warthog is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-30-2020, 08:37 AM   #62
GridIron26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,263
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Game 5 in the NFL Haskins had a 121 QB rating (max 154).

Game 6 in the NFL Haskins went higher and had a 141 QB rating.

This was with a make shift OL, no real TE to speak of, 3 rookie WR ( two of whom are very good to outstanding - McLaurin at WR#1 and Steve Sims at slot WR), and finally the outmoded offensive philosophy of Callahan, who pushed it on KOC.

Next year Haskins will have these new assets:

1.Very good to elite TE from FA
2.Improved OL, resign Flowers, resign Sherff and/or Trent Williams, new OL from draft, UDFA and FA. Moses probably gone.
3. Maybe new WR from draft (third or fourth round) or FA. Compete with Harmon for WR#2 spot
4. Better play calling from Scott Turner. More passing on first and second down and more imagination in play calling. Double the number of long pass attempts per game.
5. He’ll be better because he’ll get a lot MORE reps in practice, from the get go, and obviously more reps with the first squad.

Haskins will still be up and down, and he’ll make some mistakes, but for all the reasons above he’s going to be much better.
All free agent TEs are good, not very good nor elite. In my opinion, only Kittle, Kelce and Ertz are in the elite category. I agree with all other points, although Turner is unknown at this point so I'm in wait and see mode with Turner. From what I have read about Turner, it seems like he did well with Newton so I'm excited to see what Turner will bring to the table.
GridIron26 is offline  
Old 02-09-2020, 03:09 PM   #63
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 986
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
All free agent TEs are good, not very good nor elite. In my opinion, only Kittle, Kelce and Ertz are in the elite category. I agree with all other points, although Turner is unknown at this point so I'm in wait and see mode with Turner. From what I have read about Turner, it seems like he did well with Newton so I'm excited to see what Turner will bring to the table.


What do you thing about Hooper? Many consider him to be the BEST TE FA. He will be expensive. I’d put Henry in the elite category but be my be franchised. Ertz is definitely a step down from those two.


Also, I think the Redskins may bring in Greg Olsen on a one-year contract. He’s good and will be a mentor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline  
Old 02-10-2020, 08:43 AM   #64
GridIron26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,263
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
What do you thing about Hooper? Many consider him to be the BEST TE FA. He will be expensive. I’d put Henry in the elite category but be my be franchised. Ertz is definitely a step down from those two.


Also, I think the Redskins may bring in Greg Olsen on a one-year contract. He’s good and will be a mentor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you meant to ask me what I think of Hooper? If so, I think he is a little above average player (in other words, good in general) but he is not one of the best TEs. I once mentioned in different thread that I didn't watch a lot of Falcons games last year so I might not be best person to judge Hooper's skills but I do follow all players throughout years (for fun and fantasy football purposes). It took Hooper a while to get to the point where he is today although, it seems like Hooper worked hard to reach to that point so I will give him some credits for it. I wouldn't be upset if Redskins sign Hooper, after all, we need two new TEs in worst way now that Turner have confirmed that TE is really important piece in his offense.

Let's imagine NFL is a league where all teams have to drop their players in every offseason and all players are free to sign with whoever they want to play for. Where do you think Hooper would rank at? I personally think Hooper would rank in top 10 but I'm not sure about the top 5. Hooper is best TE out of all FA TEs, if we assume Henry will be resigned or franchise tagged.

I'm not oppose to the idea of signing Olsen, as long as we don't plan to rely him to be #1 TE for Redskins.
GridIron26 is offline  
Old 02-19-2020, 02:02 PM   #65
GridIron26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,263
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Just saw this video of Haskins and how he spent his first $1 million. I remember some of you guys talked about how Haskins was being reckless with spending the money but I think this video shows he seems to balance it well. I personally wouldn't spend that much on a car, jewelry and art stuff but then looking back to the days where I was 20 and 21 years old, I probably would spend on some stuff that I would have regretted buying today.

It's crazy to see how much he had to pay for taxes!

https://youtu.be/maCm8b_Ivec
GridIron26 is offline  
Old 02-20-2020, 02:22 PM   #66
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 986
The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Did you meant to ask me what I think of Hooper? If so, I think he is a little above average player (in other words, good in general) but he is not one of the best TEs. I once mentioned in different thread that I didn't watch a lot of Falcons games last year so I might not be best person to judge Hooper's skills but I do follow all players throughout years (for fun and fantasy football purposes). It took Hooper a while to get to the point where he is today although, it seems like Hooper worked hard to reach to that point so I will give him some credits for it. I wouldn't be upset if Redskins sign Hooper, after all, we need two new TEs in worst way now that Turner have confirmed that TE is really important piece in his offense.



Let's imagine NFL is a league where all teams have to drop their players in every offseason and all players are free to sign with whoever they want to play for. Where do you think Hooper would rank at? I personally think Hooper would rank in top 10 but I'm not sure about the top 5. Hooper is best TE out of all FA TEs, if we assume Henry will be resigned or franchise tagged.



I'm not oppose to the idea of signing Olsen, as long as we don't plan to rely him to be #1 TE for Redskins.


I’d say Hooper is “very good”,with players such as Ertz with the Eagles as being in the “elite” TE category. But he’s the best there is in the TE FA category this season. I believe he will be one of our first FA pickups. Although he isn’t in category of the top, best TE’s in the NFL, he will make a huge, positive difference to the Redskins.

Last year our best TE’s never played and we had little real production from the scrubs that were left. Having Hooper in there and maybe with the addition of a rookie TE, it will help out Haskins a great deal in the red zone. Hooper will be worth the money for him and will help our offense as a receiver and a blocker.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline  
Old 02-20-2020, 02:38 PM   #67
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 27,840
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

In his career, Hooper has 13 drops... 282 Targets. That's like 1 drop per 22 targets.. He's pretty dang good
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 02-20-2020, 02:53 PM   #68
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20,002
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I’d say Hooper is “very good”,with players such as Ertz with the Eagles as being in the “elite” TE category. But he’s the best there is in the TE FA category this season. I believe he will be one of our first FA pickups. Although he isn’t in category of the top, best TE’s in the NFL, he will make a huge, positive difference to the Redskins.

Last year our best TE’s never played and we had little real production from the scrubs that were left. Having Hooper in there and maybe with the addition of a rookie TE, it will help out Haskins a great deal in the red zone. Hooper will be worth the money for him and will help our offense as a receiver and a blocker.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should listen to the latest episode of the John Keim Report podcast. Keim talks to Logan Paulsen, who gives some pretty insightful information on Hooper (Paulsen played with Hooper in Atlanta).

I'm pretty sold on Hooper after listening to Paulsen (who should probably get a front office/scouting job).
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 02-20-2020, 03:15 PM   #69
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,157
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Cooley said today on Sheehan pod...there are solid TEs to be found this draft. And you can find a young guy to start and that with TE the learning isn't as steep as other positions.

One thing I know, we need a couple...Free Agency and Draft should be in the plans
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 02-20-2020, 04:10 PM   #70
SunnySide
Impact Rookie
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 811
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Cooley said today on Sheehan pod...there are solid TEs to be found this draft. And you can find a young guy to start and that with TE the learning isn't as steep as other positions.

One thing I know, we need a couple...Free Agency and Draft should be in the plans
Yes, thats where Im at. it seems like you can find versatile 3 down TEs in the draft rounds 2-5 or even UDFA. Wasnt Hooper an UDFA?

I would love Hooper for 10M per but I think he will command more than that and Im not committing a penny more than 10M per for a TE. Id rather find my own Hooper (3R) or Kittles (5R) or Ertz (2R) or Kelce (3R).

I wouldnt over pay for TEs, Gs, C, HB .. those positions can be filled by means other than expensive FA signings.


edit -- dang it sorry guys, shouldnt be talking general TE FA stuff in this thread.
__________________
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline  
Old 02-20-2020, 04:40 PM   #71
GridIron26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,263
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I’d say Hooper is “very good”,with players such as Ertz with the Eagles as being in the “elite” TE category. But he’s the best there is in the TE FA category this season. I believe he will be one of our first FA pickups. Although he isn’t in category of the top, best TE’s in the NFL, he will make a huge, positive difference to the Redskins.

Last year our best TE’s never played and we had little real production from the scrubs that were left. Having Hooper in there and maybe with the addition of a rookie TE, it will help out Haskins a great deal in the red zone. Hooper will be worth the money for him and will help our offense as a receiver and a blocker.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, Haskins will benefit greatly if we sign Hooper. I just don't want Redskins to sign Hooper to a massive contract, just to outbid other teams.

I'm with Chico, I think Redskins need to sign a FA TE (Hooper or someone else) and draft a TE.



Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
In his career, Hooper has 13 drops... 282 Targets. That's like 1 drop per 22 targets.. He's pretty dang good
That certainly makes Hooper look better.
GridIron26 is offline  
Old 02-20-2020, 06:04 PM   #72
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 986
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Yes, thats where Im at. it seems like you can find versatile 3 down TEs in the draft rounds 2-5 or even UDFA. Wasnt Hooper an UDFA?

I would love Hooper for 10M per but I think he will command more than that and Im not committing a penny more than 10M per for a TE. Id rather find my own Hooper (3R) or Kittles (5R) or Ertz (2R) or Kelce (3R).

I wouldnt over pay for TEs, Gs, C, HB .. those positions can be filled by means other than expensive FA signings.


edit -- dang it sorry guys, shouldnt be talking general TE FA stuff in this thread.
Hooper was drafted in the third round by the Falcons. But who cares where he was drafted, its how he's playing NOW that matters. I think he will go for $10 mill/yr which is less than the money we spent last year for Reed and Davis ($8.5 and $2.4 mill). Hooper may not be in the top 3 TE in the NFL, but he's pretty good and certainly the best TE FA the team can get this season. Right now we have NOTHING at TE, I'm not even sure the guys there now could be TE backups!

Sometimes you have to pay the pipper and that is probably the case with Hooper. Bringing him on and drafting a couple TE's in the draft and UDFA may get us through this season as far as this position goes. We are paying for Bruce Allen putting all our eggs into the Reed/Davis basket for a couple of years in a row. We definitely need at least one good TE to help Haskins this season and I hope we can get Hooper for that spot - plus getting a young player using Kyle Smith's magic drafting power.
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline  
Old 02-25-2020, 03:42 PM   #73
GridIron26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,263
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Not exactly the big news, nonetheless it is still a good one especially for those fans who still have doubts about Haskins. Haskins will work with WRs in Fla during the offseason. Also, Kyle Smith is excited about Haskins.

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/20...-for-workouts/
GridIron26 is offline  
Old 02-26-2020, 03:55 PM   #74
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Posts: 19,109
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

It's one of those things I love to hear, but hopefully it's not a "let's throw around in shorts for thirty minutes, then hit South Beach" kind of things.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline  
Old 02-26-2020, 04:29 PM   #75
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,353
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Gotta say, I am pleasantly surprised to find nobody in here overreacting about the Skins interviewing Burrow and Tua.
__________________
Bruce Allen you hack
Should have traded Trent Williams
When you had the chance
mooby is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.16487 seconds with 11 queries