Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should we be drafting Tua???

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should the Redskins take Tua #2 overall?
Yes 7 15.56%
No 38 84.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2020, 09:25 PM   #46
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 986
Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Tua will be a monster in the league .. Franchise QB ..Best QB Washington has had maybe forever!! ... hmmm does that sound over the top .. yep but it also sounds exactly like what some are saying about Young.. who is right ?? Maybe nobody however there is NO debate of what the most important position in football is .. QB ! and thatís why we must seriously look at TUA .


I think Tua is going to be a franchise QB. But Haskins showed in his last games that he could be elite also. If Haskins had shown no growth in his rookie season, or if he totally sucked at the end of the season, then I could see the possibility of considering doing what the Cardinals did with a QB replacement draft choice. The Cardinals looked at Josh Rosensí rookie season and thought he might be a draft bust. He didnít grow, he didnít improve, looked lousy his first year. They took the chance to replace him, traded him and replaced him with Murray. They made the right choice.

But Haskins got better every game his rookie season. He played hurt and showed his toughness and grit. He showed leadership. The last two games were played at an ELITE level AS A ROOKIE. What more do people want?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-28-2020, 09:51 PM   #47
skinsfanmdc
Camp Scrub
 
skinsfanmdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 39
Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Tua will be a monster in the league .. Franchise QB ..Best QB Washington has had maybe forever!! ... hmmm does that sound over the top .. yep but it also sounds exactly like what some are saying about Young.. who is right ?? Maybe nobody however there is NO debate of what the most important position in football is .. QB ! and thatís why we must seriously look at TUA .
Sure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQHpBDzMRzk
skinsfanmdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:19 AM   #48
rocnrik
Impact Rookie
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 903
Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Exactly!! Good watch!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:58 AM   #49
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,159
Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I think Tua is going to be a franchise QB. But Haskins showed in his last games that he could be elite also. If Haskins had shown no growth in his rookie season, or if he totally sucked at the end of the season, then I could see the possibility of considering doing what the Cardinals did with a QB replacement draft choice. The Cardinals looked at Josh Rosensí rookie season and thought he might be a draft bust. He didnít grow, he didnít improve, looked lousy his first year. They took the chance to replace him, traded him and replaced him with Murray. They made the right choice.

But Haskins got better every game his rookie season. He played hurt and showed his toughness and grit. He showed leadership. The last two games were played at an ELITE level AS A ROOKIE. What more do people want?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Haskins is a Good Young QB and can be a franchise QB and showed some good growth and will get better but seriously to call him "Elite" after last season ,no .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:32 AM   #50
ArizonaSkinFan
Camp Scrub
 
ArizonaSkinFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 5
Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

The questions on Haskins aren't on talent. Its if these rumors of lack of work ethic and a learning disability are true

If either are true and can't be fixed then we should consider drafting Tua. If these rumors are crap stay the course with Haskins
ArizonaSkinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 11:05 AM   #51
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 93,560
Should we be drafting Tua???

He doesnít have a learning disability, Rivera and Kyle Smith both have praised his work ethic in the past week


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:48 PM   #52
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 27,840
Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

It all boils down to RR and Smith, if they feel that Tua will fir the new scheme / regime better than they need to take him. If they believe in DH, draft Chase.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:52 PM   #53
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,157
Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Well said. If the team does not think Haskins is likely to ever be elite, but believes Tua can be, this is a no brainer - you draft Tua.

So far, to me, Haskins seems destined to be a middling QB. Not elite, not bad, but a serviceable starter. You donít pass up on an elite QB because you have one thatís just OK.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Tua didn't have the injury concerns then I would draft him over Young. But if you're the Redskins you probably can't take that chance. But if they did, if they take that huge risk and it panned out it totally changes the franchise. The fans come back, the city returns to being a true Redskins town again. IDK, they have to do their due diligence and someone is going to have a real tough decision to make.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:52 PM   #54
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 986
Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I think Haskins is a Good Young QB and can be a franchise QB and showed some good growth and will get better but seriously to call him "Elite" after last season ,no .


If you actually read my post I never called Haskins elite. What I said was that his last two games had elite numbers. He had a QB rating of 120 and 141 in his last two games.

What I said was that he had a terrible first game, but improved steadily every game. He had two outstanding last two games.

I donít know if Haskjns will be a franchise QB. But he was getting better every game and thatís all you can expect with an inexperienced rookie. Iím excited to see how he will do in his second season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:56 PM   #55
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,157
Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
This is how I feel as well. If Young becomes the next Lawrence Taylor, and Haskins can be as good as Phil Simms...then maybe we have a shot at making it work like Giants did back then. But Kerrigan it seems will still be here, so the cubbard is not bare at DE at all...but there's still a big ? at the most important position on the field and we have a draft pick that can give us a potential upgrade. Just because Haskins looked better towards the end of the season, is certainly no guarantee it will continue...everyone said the same thing about Trubisky after the 2018 season...how do Bears fans feel now?


This... If I had to guess at the very best outcome Haskins is a middle range starter. Will he ever be an elite starter? I would probably say no.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:58 PM   #56
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,157
Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I want Young, he's the best player in this class and typically those guys pan out to be stars. Look at recent years.

Barkley - Stud
Q Nelson - Best OL in football
Myles Garrett - Stud

Draft Chase Young
Nelson and Garrett right now have no chance cause their QB's are not good enough.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 07:06 PM   #57
skinsfanmdc
Camp Scrub
 
skinsfanmdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 39
Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Theisman is on board with Skipping Tua. That's Casserly, Theisman and others.

https://247sports.com/Article/Redski...orts-144405976
skinsfanmdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 06:03 AM   #58
httr198020
Special Teams
 
httr198020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 224
Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
[/B]

This... If I had to guess at the very best outcome Haskins is a middle range starter. Will he ever be an elite starter? I would probably say no.
You don't know what Haskins might develop into. He has the talent to be elite. Haskins is raw. There is a lot of room for growth. He just needs a team and a fan base with the patience to go through some pains. The worse thing for Haskins career was being drafted here.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 08:55 AM   #59
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 2,106
Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanmdc View Post
Theisman is on board with Skipping Tua. That's Casserly, Theisman and others.

https://247sports.com/Article/Redski...orts-144405976
Totally agree, any other position than QB and Tua's injury history would drop him down the draft board quite a bit. Let alone two ankle surgeries, a hip injury for a young person is rare enough that it should send up major red flags. Also the #2 overall pick in the NFL draft has produced quite a few blue chip defensive players in the course of history.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:40 AM   #60
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,159
Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
If you actually read my post I never called Haskins elite. What I said was that his last two games had elite numbers. He had a QB rating of 120 and 141 in his last two games.

What I said was that he had a terrible first game, but improved steadily every game. He had two outstanding last two games.

I donít know if Haskjns will be a franchise QB. But he was getting better every game and thatís all you can expect with an inexperienced rookie. Iím excited to see how he will do in his second season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read it and you used the word twice.in describing Haskins. I like the kid and he has potential but you were wrong to describe him as elite after this year, as for Haskins I'm not saying one bad word about him but no player is elite after two games in his rookie season.


Warthog said.....
"I think Tua is going to be a franchise QB. But Haskins showed in his last games that he could be elite also. If Haskins had shown no growth in his rookie season, or if he totally sucked at the end of the season, then I could see the possibility of considering doing what the Cardinals did with a QB replacement draft choice. The Cardinals looked at Josh Rosensí rookie season and thought he might be a draft bust. He didnít grow, he didnít improve, looked lousy his first year. They took the chance to replace him, traded him and replaced him with Murray. They made the right choice.

But Haskins got better every game his rookie season. He played hurt and showed his toughness and grit. He showed leadership. The last two games were played at an ELITE level AS A ROOKIE. What more do people want?"
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.16506 seconds with 11 queries