Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #181
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

It's just stupid to say Mike wasn't a huge reason for those two super bowls. I mean BB didn't do shit in Cleveland so does that mean he wouldnt be a good coach without Brady?

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #182
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

He did take em to the playoffs once. He also won a boatload of games the year brady got hurt n cassell played. That being said i cant stand the guy. But i do respect him.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #183
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
A lot folks say it was Terrell Davis was the major factor for those SB.
A lot of folks are stupid
Old 09-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #184
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
So the guy that couldnt break through with that STUD QB is not a four letter word, but the guy who broke through, not once, but twice is a four letter word. Interesting...

Something else happened for Denver to hate Shanny this bad. Did he cuss out fans and in general be a douche there or something?
It is......for a fact.
Regrets on my....clever, albeit timely....snipe
Old 09-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #185
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
What other teams are these you speak of? What was the talent level with that particular coach compared to what our coach inherited. Please get back with specifics. Thanks.
Jim Schwartz and Marvin Lewis are on lines one and two.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #186
Kindoy
The Starter

i reeeeeeally don't like Jason Taylor as an ESPN NFL "analyst"
Old 09-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #187
Bucket
Playmaker

I love going back through threads when Shanahan was hired, and seeing some of the same people who praised it.. Now, those same people are talking bad on him.

You guys are a joke.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #188
Bucket
Playmaker

We should bring back Jim Zorn

Re-Sign Cooley, Portis, Jason Taylor, Archuleta, D. Sanders, Jason Taylor, Dana Stubblefield, Bruce Smith, Fat Albert and whoever else wants to blow our salary wad on!

Let's bring back the glory days of spending a 2nd rounder on a WR because he had 1 good year as a senior and is fast.

Casay Rabach, John Janson, and many more!!!

I loved our franchise a lot better when we averaged the age of 30+ and was the laughing stock of the free agency market.

Let's trade away a corner back who is going to go down as one of the greatest of all time, for a running back who lasted 5 seasons, and was hurt in most of them. We've had 3 seasons to change a 50 man roster that was riddled with has been's, and never was. Is every replacement going to be perfect? No, but our franchise is in a better position now then it was in 2005. I think everyone need to take a breath and realize that Rome wasn't build in a day. The league isn't full of Bill Belichick's just waiting to get signed to head coaching jobs.

I find it adorable that some of you blame the coaches for everything bad on our team and not some of the talent, but in a different thread you want to say it was Elway and Davis who led the Broncos, and not the coaches. Comical, hypocritical fans...

Shanahan was doomed the minute he signed with this franchise because the modern day fan for Washington is so tainted by the Cerrato era, that they forgot what it takes to actually build a team.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:19 AM   #189
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Jim Schwartz and Marvin Lewis are on lines one and two.
Good call on Lewis.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #190
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I love going back through threads when Shanahan was hired, and seeing some of the same people who praised it.. Now, those same people are talking bad on him.

You guys are a joke.
I admit to never liking the Shanahan hire, and saying so from the beginning. Still I hoped he would put it all together here.

But you can't really fault anybody for having high hopes can you? It was a pretty dark time after Sean passed, Joe retired for good and we watched swinging gates on gameday.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:36 AM   #191
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:

You guys are a joke.
Would you say the same for Haynesworth? Not to say Shanahan has been a bust but he isn't exactly absolved from criticism either. The jury is still out but yeah
Old 09-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #192
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
We should bring back Jim Zorn

Re-Sign Cooley, Portis, Jason Taylor, Archuleta, D. Sanders, Jason Taylor, Dana Stubblefield, Bruce Smith, Fat Albert and whoever else wants to blow our salary wad on!

Let's bring back the glory days of spending a 2nd rounder on a WR because he had 1 good year as a senior and is fast.

Casay Rabach, John Janson, and many more!!!

I loved our franchise a lot better when we averaged the age of 30+ and was the laughing stock of the free agency market.

Let's trade away a corner back who is going to go down as one of the greatest of all time, for a running back who lasted 5 seasons, and was hurt in most of them. We've had 3 seasons to change a 50 man roster that was riddled with has been's, and never was. Is every replacement going to be perfect? No, but our franchise is in a better position now then it was in 2005. I think everyone need to take a breath and realize that Rome wasn't build in a day. The league isn't full of Bill Belichick's just waiting to get signed to head coaching jobs.

I find it adorable that some of you blame the coaches for everything bad on our team and not some of the talent, but in a different thread you want to say it was Elway and Davis who led the Broncos, and not the coaches. Comical, hypocritical fans...

Shanahan was doomed the minute he signed with this franchise because the modern day fan for Washington is so tainted by the Cerrato era, that they forgot what it takes to actually build a team.
Preach Brother!
The truth will set us all free...........
Old 09-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #193
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

You guys are a joke.
Is there a law against changing your mind? Of course there was excitement - he was replacing jim zorn! Now after three years he has a worse win % than zorn did! Is it ok with you that we are not as excited? The joke is that it seems like some people put a certain player or coach above the team! I am a redskins fan - whoever puts on the uniform or coaches the team i want to do well. If they dont i want them gone! What the hell is wrong with that?
Old 09-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #194
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Preach Brother!
The truth will set us all free...........
The truth is those teams bucket is referring to with all their horrible moves went to the playoffs twice and the team that you guys seem to put up on such a pedestal as a model of how a dynasty should be run loses every friggin week for three years now.
I hope to god that it gets turned around but can the wins please come before the praise?
Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #195
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
A lot of folks are stupid