Just a guy 36 49.32%
Pineapple Jesus 2.0 5 6.85%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #61
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Who is Kirk Cousins?

Thank god some of you aren't in charge of the team. The knee jerk reaction around here is hilarious. You'd be firing coaches and changing Qb's every other week.

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2015, 11:16 AM   #62
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Fair enough, I think personality assessment is a big factor in determining fit for any job, but if you want to stick with football...

The organization definitely could have insisted that it stick with the 2012 Shanahan offense. But remember it was Griffin and his dad that expressed interest in moving away from running.
You started off saying you would keep it football then immediately moved into non-football stuff. Its alright, I know the 2 are enmeshed for many.

We don't know what actually happened. What I can say with absolute certainty is that in 2013 less then a year after reconstructive surgery Griffin ran read-option as early as week 4 and continued to run the rest of the 2013 season. That's what I know, factually.

Now, whatever happened between Griffin and Mike Shanahan we'll never know. It is my belief that their issue with proper management didn't have to be the end of a regime.

Quote:
Whatever, it doesn't matter. Griffin sucks, Cousins is the better player for this team. Unfortunately he's not good enough to ever win a championship with. We ride with him for now, maybe change to McCoy, not sure I even care.
The point being missed here is that coaching is a factor in player performance. Griffin was excellent as rookie. If he sucks now then it cannot be dismissed that coaching could be the cause.
Especially when you consider the QB propped up as the solution in place of Griffin isn't performing any better.
At some point there has to be production or accountability from the coaching.

I'm not on board with riding a losing process.

And, btw I thought Colt was a better option then Kirk to start.

Quote:
All I know is our franchise QB is not on this roster.
Maybe not.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:18 AM   #63
MTK
\m/

With all the injuries lately and the running game faltering I'm kind of surprised we're so focused on Cousins.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:29 AM   #64
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Thank god some of you aren't in charge of the team. The knee jerk reaction around here is hilarious. You'd be firing coaches and changing Qb's every other week.
That happens for us when we win too(which I know is rare) but I admit my knee jerk was the whole team sucks which it doesn't we do have some good players and young guys stepping up. Kirk though does suck and it's shown throughout this season, he's never consistent and I won't believe in the guy until he goes a few games with having good performance in a row, not once every 3 or 4 weeks
Old 10-23-2015, 11:43 AM   #65
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
With all the injuries lately and the running game faltering I'm kind of surprised we're so focused on Cousins.
Well this is the Who is Kirk thread .....I expressed some of my issues with the coaching and run game earlier though.

I believe bad coaching is having a negative impact across board. Its effecting Kirk also. Griffin and Kirk, depending on which part of the fanbase you ask, now suck. Alfred Morris who was previously 1,000 rusher/pro-bowler behind worse OLs (and without DeSean) has now regressed. Garcon went from leading the league in receptions with decent YPC to ~60-70 with a low YPC. We have the arguably the best OL we've had for awhile and arguably the best backfield but we can't run.

At some point, the coaching has to produce or be held accountable. Either that or I'm forced to believe that everyone we have sucks? Except for Jordan Reed and DeSean?
Old 10-23-2015, 11:47 AM   #66
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
You started off saying you would keep it football then immediately moved into non-football stuff. Its alright, I know the 2 are enmeshed for many.

We don't know what actually happened. What I can say with absolute certainty is that in 2013 less then a year after reconstructive surgery Griffin ran read-option as early as week 4 and continued to run the rest of the 2013 season. That's what I know, factually.
But that's not enough facts to work with, nobody could make a meaningful judgment with that little information. Pointless conversation if we don't fill in the gaps with what the sources have told us.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #67
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Well this is the Who is Kirk thread .....I expressed some of my issues with the coaching and run game earlier though.

I believe bad coaching is having a negative impact across board. Its effecting Kirk also. Griffin and Kirk, depending on which part of the fanbase you ask, now suck. Alfred Morris who was previously 1,000 rusher/pro-bowler behind worse OLs (and without DeSean) has now regressed. Garcon went from leading the league in receptions with decent YPC to ~60-70 with a low YPC. We have the arguably the best OL we've had for awhile and arguably the best backfield but we can't run.

At some point, the coaching has to produce or be held accountable. Either that or I'm forced to believe that everyone we have sucks? Except for Jordan Reed and DeSean?
I know we were facing the Jets D, but in last week's game, I swear I saw their D-line basically bulldozing our O-line during runs.

The running game is extremely concerning and I really think everyone (RBs/O-Line) is faltering and the coaching staff need to do something about it.

I also don't think it is just a Morris issue, since Matt Jones hasn't done much either.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-23-2015, 11:53 AM   #68
WRSK1NS
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Eli threw pretty much the same interception the other night against the Eagles. All QBs make mistakes, and most QBs make A LOT of mistakes early in their careers.

Look, he's been innacurate, inconsistent and downright bad at times. However, he has also been accurate and really good at times. Some of the INTs have been bad decisions, some of the INTs have been bad bounces, some of the INTs have been great defensive plays, some of the INTs have been the result of bad routes.

Who is Kirk Cousins? Ask me next year....
This is really a great answer and I would like to adopt this answer as my own!
Philippians 4:13
Old 10-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #69
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Eli threw pretty much the same interception the other night against the Eagles. All QBs make mistakes, and most QBs make A LOT of mistakes early in their careers.

Look, he's been innacurate, inconsistent and downright bad at times. However, he has also been accurate and really good at times. Some of the INTs have been bad decisions, some of the INTs have been bad bounces, some of the INTs have been great defensive plays, some of the INTs have been the result of bad routes.

Who is Kirk Cousins? Ask me next year....
He'll probably be playing for another team, like Griffin.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-23-2015, 12:14 PM   #70
44Deezel
The Starter

No one thought Drew Brees was going to become Drew Brees. He had 29 TDs and 31 INTs after 3 full seasons. The Chargers drafted Rivers to replace him, but Brees beat him out in camp and threw 27TDs to only 7INTs. Then he hurt his shoulder and only 2 teams went after him, neither of which was the Skins.

Not saying Cousins is the next Drew Brees, but I don't think he's a finished product just yet. The list of guys who eventually "got it" is long and distinguished. Like my Johnson.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:24 PM   #71
44Deezel
The Starter

Who is Kirk Cousins right now?

A much better alternative to a Quarterback carousel the rest of the season.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:59 PM   #72
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Who is Kirk Cousins right now?

A much better alternative to a Quarterback carousel the rest of the season.
Unless he implodes like NY last year, I really don't want a change. The solid, stable organizations around the league don't have knee jerk reactions to a up and down young QB who's still learning on the job. The shuffling around didn't do any good in 2014. Hope the Redskins stay the course on this and ride it out.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:23 PM   #73
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Unless he implodes like NY last year, I really don't want a change. The solid, stable organizations around the league don't have knee jerk reactions to a up and down young QB who's still learning on the job. The shuffling around didn't do any good in 2014. Hope the Redskins stay the course on this and ride it out.
Reality is they could do both. Seahawks drafted Wilson in the 3rd round after paying Matt Flynn.

Cousins should not be prohibitively expensive, they can sign him and still draft a guy to spread their eggs across multiple baskets.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:26 PM   #74
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I don't agree with that Matt. I'm not sold Kirk is a starter, but his arm isn't limited. I've seen him make all the throws.
I saw a written summary of Kirk's picks. I thought he had thrown 2 picks on
out routes but the summary (can't remember where I read it) described 3 of the 8 pics on out routes. Don't know if it is an arm strength issue but
too many times he throws those inside where they are ripe to turn into a pick six. Until the issue is corrected he needs to stop throwing them unless the receiver is wide open. A well thrown out is either caught by the receiver or uncatchable. Not the case for those thrown by Kirk.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:27 PM   #75
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
But that's not enough facts to work with, nobody could make a meaningful judgment with that little information. Pointless conversation if we don't fill in the gaps with what the sources have told us.
I'm not making a judgement about anything other then what I see on the field though.

Personally, I separate who the athletes are on the field from what they do on the field. So to a large extent I couldn't care less what a player does off the field. Whether they are a saint or a jerk, makes no difference to me. From Russell Wilson to Aaron Rodgers to Ben Rothlisberger they're will always be talk, rumor and sources. I think I have decent handle on how the whole media/sourced information business works and there isn't enough truth nor accountability for me. So, I'm not going to put much credence into media "sources" filling in the gaps, especially when for me the gaps don't even matter when I can just watch the games. They can say Griffin said he wouldn't run read option but when I actually see Griffin out there running read-option with a leg brace on...it kinda renders their storylines off base/wrong to me.

So to each their own. For me, what I see on the field is enough. I don't give much credence to the rumor mill.
Closed Thread