Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins trade for Alex Smith

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Do you approve of the trade for Alex Smith?
Yes 50 58.14%
No 36 41.86%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2018, 12:03 AM   #121
MTK
\m/

Re: Redskins Trade for Alex Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
I wouldn’t have traded Fuller for Smith straight up. Hope I’m proven wrong this upcoming season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alright now this is getting silly. You wouldn’t trade a slot corner for a franchise QB?

Advertisements
Old 01-31-2018, 12:09 AM   #122
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Alright now this is getting silly. You wouldn’t trade a slot corner for a franchise QB?
Franchise qb maybe, but does he have.enough left in the.tank to even play out the 5 years he.is.signing at.a "franchise qb" level? I dunno thats the.sketchy question. Sucks to trade.fuller either way he was on his way.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:09 AM   #123
itvnetop
Playmaker

Redskins trade for Alex Smith

Quote:

Do you consider Fuller just a normal slot corner? And are we expecting Smith to start for more than two seasons? The former was graded as the 6th best corner by passer rating overall by PFF- overall. Will the latter play the length of what a franchise QB plays here? Not to mention the relative stages of each career.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:18 AM   #124
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
No, not a 35 year old QB.
Considering the 49ers got Garoppolo who is ten years younger for a 2nd, hell no.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:20 AM   #125
jamf
Pro Bowl

Re: Redskins trade for Alex Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This team writes the book on how not to handle the qb position. I thought the coup de grace was a dumbshit contract but it wasn’t...it was fuller. Complete and utter incompetence from Bruce and Danny again.

Piss poor...I’m so sick of these dumb fucks.
This!
How do they keep fucking up so bad?
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:27 AM   #126
HailGreen28
Playmaker

I thought Fuller was a backup CB with flashes of goodness and potential? Not seeing why people are that upset over trading him for Smith.

If our FO goal was to distract from them letting Cousins walk for little compensation, they seem to be succeeding.

The difference in KCs FO and ours is stark:

KC gets a 3rd rd pick, and maybe a good player, and dumps salary, for a QB they already have a young replacement for.

WASH gets an older QB, loses said 3rd rd pick and player, does dump salary, and lets their QB walk for maybe a comp pick.

Basically KC gets better. WASH spends a pick and a player to try plugging a vacancy at QB, and might have created another vacancy depending on who we traded away.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:35 AM   #127
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
I thought Fuller was a backup CB with flashes of goodness and potential? Not seeing why people are that upset over trading him for Smith.

Because successful teams should be able to project where players are headed- and by all metrics, Fuller was on an upward trajectory. Not to mention being on a rookie contract. The value of players like him don’t fall off trees.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:36 AM   #128
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Chico is not the most pissed off by far. That would be me. Smith is decent. Not Kirk though.

Matty, I find it hilarious how you and Schneed managed to flip the switch and make this into a win for us immediately.

This is as retarded a move (and I say this without knowing if it's Fuller they gave up or not) as I have ever seen in all my years. Smith is 33, how many good years do you think he has left? You think he's the next Brady, gonna keep playing solid into his 40's?
This sets us back multiple years because we damn sure ain't contending with Smith at the helm. If we gave up a 2nd and Fuller to get him this is a terrible trade. If it's a 3rd and Fuller it's still a terrible trade. If it's Fuller for Smith straight up it's a terrible trade. Smith was a lame duck qb in KC who was most likely moving on anyways following their massive blown lead to the Titans in the playoffs. Somehow they managed to get a high draft pick and/or a stud player for him? It's a fleece job.

You seem to be forgetting that the guys that totally fucked up the Kirk situation from day fucking one are in charge here. Are you confident they are going to make the right moves with that extra space they freed up? Let me phrase it another way, would you have rather had Calais Campbell or McGee/McClain last year? We sure saved a lot of money and production going for the latter instead.

I have no faith in the decision makers for this football team. This was the last straw. We have seen Alex Smith's ceiling when you surround him with adequate talent at every position. He will have little of that comfort here. Kirk was running for his life behind those backups last year, I'd hate to see what happens if it happens again next year. Let me guess though, last year was a one-off occurrence, what are the odds it happens again? The same guys that fucked up the Kirk contract, also decided 2nd year wideout Pryor and rookie Doctson could replace 2 reliable playmakers. And before you start, yes I will be watching, and discussing this team just like I do year after year after year. But the incompetency is shining through right now.

This wouldn't even be a discussion if you could just extend your franchise qb. He ain't Brady, but we wouldn't need a Brady if they could build a team properly. They can't do either.

Only the fucking Redskins could fuck this up.

And only you and Schneed can pull off calling this a win when the fact remains: After decades of amazing contract finagling, managing to spend wildly whenever you felt like it, always managing to fit under the cap, you decide to cheap out on the most important player on the team. He calls BS, gets paid 44 mil for 2 years of above-average play, stares you down and wins in the third offseason, you end up trading a high draft pick and/or one of your best young talents for a stopgap 33 year qb who is best when he has a complete team to take the pressure off of him (which he won't have here). Alex Smith is not the "long term solution" he's the goddamn bridge to the next long term solution. Which will cost us an additional 3-5 years stuck in mediocre-to-averageville meanwhile the current FO and staff will manage to keep us barely treading water, always thinking next year will be better. Fuck this team.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:37 AM   #129
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

I don't like losing Fuller. However, this allows them to focus on drafting a strong player in the first round like Vita Vea, Da'Ron Payne or another player that isn't a QB in the first. With the money saved by not paying Kirk maybe we can resign Zach Brown and others.
Maybe you draft Rudolph, Jackson, or Kyle Lauletta to grow in the draft.

Here is a question if Aqib Talib comes here to replace Breeland, are you still upset?
Old 01-31-2018, 12:42 AM   #130
Irrefutable
The Starter

Fuller has confirmed he is gone
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:43 AM   #131
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

If this was to happen fire Allen now!!! Smith is on the downside of his career, why would you trade fuller? Fucking idiots!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:54 AM   #132
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

It’s a done deal gents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:57 AM   #133
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

If anyone has season tickets they wanna give away I’ll take them. Otherwise we need to take a stand and stop giving this organization money by paying to go to games. I’ll give my money to you guys or a scalper first.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:02 AM   #134
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

3rd rounder + Fuller and paying Smith $23 + million, is Vinny back? Horrible, horrible, fucking trade!! Fire all Allen, Williams, etc. Fucking morons!! I’m fucking pissed!!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:04 AM   #135
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I bet all those FO morons are sitting around jerking each other thinking they made a savvy deal.

The ghost of Al Davis has taken up residence in all of the idiots at Redskins Park.