Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins vs Cowboys Gameday Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #1321
44ever

Re: Redskins vs Cowboys Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I could be wrong but I feel that Rex made it look like Dallas was all over him...but honestly I felt he had time most of the snaps.
Nope, your Right! he never really stepped up into the pocket tonight. He was very indecisive and slow.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2011, 12:55 AM   #1322
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Dallas made some mistakes tonight, and we couldn't break them for it.. We should of been able to score more points, and when Jenkins when out we should of been able to throw the football more. I feel like Kyle was playing WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY to conservative tonight.. A lot of 2 man routes, and max protection tonight
Well there was max protection because they were worried about Ware pushing T. Williams around. If anything I think we weren't playing conservative enough. There was 1 point near the end of the game where we had the ball and the play call was something like pass, run, pass, punt. I mean we took almost no time off the clock.

There was just something about the offensive play calling tonight that was terrible.

I mean you can't win games when you have not only bad execution but bad play calling as well. Hopefully all this gets ironed out by next week.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:57 AM   #1323
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Great job by the Defense holding them to fieldgoals all night. Not impressed with the playcalling by Kyle. There is room for improvement there. i.e. Draw to Cooley (at fullback)...Once ok, but the second one? Curious.

Give Dallas credit for coming up with a big play at home to seal it. Sort of expected it, just as I would expect Washington to return the favor in DC.

Still like where this team is headed. 3-0 would be great, but it's time to forget about this game and take care of the Rams and head into the bye 3-1 with at least a share of 1st in the NFC Beast.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:36 AM   #1324
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Id rather be 1-2 right now and have beaten the Cowboys. I hate the g** damn Cowboys. HATE THEM SO MUCH!!!!

I cant decide who I blame more, Grossman for fumbling once again or Haslett's punt block formation blitz. Im going with Haslett, you expect better from coaches.
might be the most ridiculous thing i have seen posted
Old 09-27-2011, 11:09 AM   #1325
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001
Id rather be 1-2 right now and have beaten the Cowboys. I hate the g** damn Cowboys. HATE THEM SO MUCH!!!!

I cant decide who I blame more, Grossman for fumbling once again or Haslett's punt block formation blitz. Im going with Haslett, you expect better from coaches.

I was over exaggerating, but the thought did cross my mind.

Dallas was trying to give us the game and we still couldnt win.

I mean their center kept just hiking the ball whenever he felt like it.

And I was watching the game w/ my friend who is a Cowboys fan.

Want to talk about cruel and unusual punishment.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 09-27-2011 at 11:11 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #1326
BugelDisciple
Camp Scrub

NBD: Never Been to Dallas Syndrome - YouTube

So true
BugelDisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #1327
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
I'll second that. It's kinda sad to see that some fans want to beat Dallas more than they want to have a successful season.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #1328
dgack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'll second that. It's kinda sad to see that some fans want to beat Dallas more than they want to have a successful season.
I'm in camp C: I'd rather have a season that gets down correct techniques, builds experience and confidence, and irons out wrinkles and misjudgements, so that we can be ready to dominate next year.

Along the way, if we win a bunch of football games, that's fine with me (though it makes me ill to think of the Colts winning the Andrew Luck lottery simply because their current franchise QB, one of the best in modern history, is banged up).

Playing the right way and seeing visible, measurable improvement every game is more important to me than W/L this year*. Or did anyone think we were going to the Super Bowl?

* This is no way diminishes the missed opportunity last night, of course, but I put this loss on bad playcalling (Kyle, you don't have Schaub-Johnson anymore, please wake up) and some correctable execution issues. The fact remains that we created opportunities with aggressive play, and had we not created those opportunities we surely could have lost by a significant margin.
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote