Giants postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-22-2021, 04:04 PM   #226
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Giants postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Turner is doing a pretty good job, I though so last year too. Not sure why some fans are so down on him.
I'm down on him because he is ultimately responsible for the effectiveness of this offense. I get that he has had a number of different QBs under center over the last 18 games, but you don't get to be the OC of an offense that consistently sits at the bottom-half of the league in pretty much every statistical category, and get a pass.

From my perspective, it feels like he has his moments, but then for no apparent reason he also seems to get away from what works. I don't know if he is trying to be too creative, or if that is on the QBs' execution. The most recent example for me is the play call that ended up in an interception towards the end of the Giants game. That was D.U.M.B. Hand the ball to your running back who was averaging over 5 yards per carry.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-22-2021, 04:45 PM   #227
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I'm down on him because he is ultimately responsible for the effectiveness of this offense. I get that he has had a number of different QBs under center over the last 18 games, but you don't get to be the OC of an offense that consistently sits at the bottom-half of the league in pretty much every statistical category, and get a pass.

From my perspective, it feels like he has his moments, but then for no apparent reason he also seems to get away from what works. I don't know if he is trying to be too creative, or if that is on the QBs' execution. The most recent example for me is the play call that ended up in an interception towards the end of the Giants game. That was D.U.M.B. Hand the ball to your running back who was averaging over 5 yards per carry.
Hard to argue with Heinicke's production in this offense. It's not a bottom of the league offense anytime he's been in there.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:59 PM   #228
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

True, Heinicke has done pretty well when in there, but that's only 2 full and 2 partial games out of the last 19. I don't know if he is doing well because of Scott Turner's game plan or in spite of it.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:00 PM   #229
MTK
\m/

Quote:
True, Heinicke has done pretty well when in there, but that's only 2 full and 2 partial games out of the last 19. I don't know if he is doing well because of Scott Turner's game plan or in spite of it.
According to the tape he should be doing even better.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:08 PM   #230
SunnySide
Playmaker

Good thing with Fitz being out out for 8 weeks, Taylor truly gets a chance to sink or swim in a pretty talented roster (barring injury) without any background noise. This is his team and his chance.

That throw to Seals was big balls, going out swinging baller.

Thats all any athlete could ask for. A fair chance to prove themselves .. plus 5 mil as a consolation prize if it doesnt work out.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:45 PM   #231
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Turner is doing a pretty good job, I though so last year too. Not sure why some fans are so down on him.
1 opening drive score out of 19 games

A slow start every game.

Those are my big gripes. I think once he gets into a game he sees the defense real well and adjusts, but the offense's slow starts are simply offensive.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:51 PM   #232
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
This was bothering me right after the game. Now my view is let the play makers earn their money. I do hope the training wheels come off a bit more against Buffalo but against a defense like the Giants I am good with it,
I like that he takes what is there, he also takes the big shots when the game is on the line.

I think I said this before, but I feel like Heinicke is the anti-Kirk Cousins, so so stats during the meat of the game but crazy sharp/focused when the win is in the balance. Take the end of the NYG game for example, we are behind and need a shock he throws elite passes to McKissick and RSJ, but then we have the lead and he was goes into cruise control and made a mistake. He gets it back, and leads a crisp efficient 2 minute drill for a shot to win.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:10 PM   #233
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
According to the tape he should be doing even better.
Yeah, that's to be expected after only two starts in his NFL career. I'll give him a big pass for not seeing everything at this point.
Old 09-22-2021, 07:14 PM   #234
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Yeah, that's to be expected after only two starts in his NFL career. I'll give him a big pass for not seeing everything at this point.
+1

If he keeps the job and runs with it, hopefully he's seeing the field better by the end of the season. Just needs experience - and to not get injured.