Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Bad Coaching, Offense, and Defense Post-Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-10-2021, 05:18 PM   #16
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Bad Coaching, Offense, and Defense Post-Game Thread

Unless a miracle happens, this team will have a 2nd straight 2-7 start. Sorry that’s on Ron

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2021, 05:20 PM   #17
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Ron Rivera - I’m very frustrated because we have players that are better than what they’re playing right now

Same shit every week from Ron. If you don’t have any answers you gotta go
Um Ron no you don't. A lot of your players flat out stink.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 05:24 PM   #18
HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
Defense gave up 33. 30+ again. Offense had moments. They aren't gonna turn every drive into a td. That's not realistic. I think the o was effective in the first half. Again....got away from the plan. Heineken played like we would expect. He isn't a franchise guy, but will have fun moments to watch. He tries to do too much...which will have its payoff moments/games....but on the flipside, it'll have ints and down times. Our d started strong, but gave up 2 huge plays early on. Overall, our d shit the bed again giving up over 30. If you give up over 30 every game you are gonna lose more than you win.
The o line played well, with more injuries. Gibson played well while playing with a fractured shin. Heineken did what he's gonna do. Carter was another bright spot. That kids gonna be good. Terry was good, till the end. Last drive he was getting beat.

Overall, our d was bad after the 2nd quarter. They made Winston look like a pro bowler. That's the theme of this season. Our secondary and coverage sucks. If they don't take Collins out soon, I'll assume they are playing to lose and get a qb in the draft.

I don't even get mad anymore. I don't see how anyone does. Mediocrity would be a welcome change. The bright spot for me was hanging out with my brother and sharing a laugh and a couple beers, and the air fryer poutine I made.
I won't stop watching...but game day is more about the hang out anymore than the actual game.
As an aside....I walked in the room, and heard the defense chant, and started chanting along....till I realized we were on offense.
Thats speaks to exactly who we are as a team.

This perfectly describes my point of view and game experience. Except it wasn’t my brother but an old skins friend in town. No reason for stress . . . this franchise is far from seriously competing in the nfl
Old 10-10-2021, 05:34 PM   #19
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

All of our FA signings have been busts so far. Mayhew and Hurney are no Kyle Smith. Big mistake getting rid of him. Jamin Davis might as well smoke a
Doobie and keep on Jamming, haven’t seen shit from him.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 05:35 PM   #20
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Collins and McCain have been terrible. Ron preaches accountability, he needs to remove both off the field.
I'm pretty sick of seeing Collins half assing his way down the field trailing the receiver. Also sick of seeing him referred to as "Pro Bowler Landon Collins." Dude hasn't been worthy of recognition in years.

Anyways, plenty of blame to go around today. The constant miscommunication on defense, the 50% completion rate for Jameis Winston (which was mostly his fault for inaccurate passes), the 4 td's for him (3 out of 4 were basically uncontested throws), I mean this team is god damn embarrassing and we're not seeing any improvement week to week.

Ron, you're a feel good story and you have credibility for now, but a few more weeks of this (and the guaranteed L next week because a leaky D is no match for Mahomes) and you will be the next coach ran out of town.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:40 PM   #21
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Ron is too nice to the players, "just fix one or two things and everything will be OK", he doesn't even look like he cares on the side line, I know it is not good as a permanent management tactic but every boss needs to be able and willing tear his employees a new one every now and again if they are performing this badly, there needs to be some threat of being replaced or they just continue to half ass it.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 05:41 PM   #22
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I really don't want to let the offense off the hook. We weren't playing some super elite defense. It is pretty f'ing atrocious how they played and squandered opportunities in the first half. The coaching was horrible and it sucked to see how well Gibson run, only to completely abandon the run.

Also, if Ron wants to change the culture, we need to see some people benched.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 05:46 PM   #23
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Ron Rivera - I’m very frustrated because we have players that are better than what they’re playing right now

Same shit every week from Ron. If you don’t have any answers you gotta go
Yet again we have a HC who can actually say dumb shit like that and mean it. Why can't he understand that a player is exactly as good or bad as how he plays in regular season games? It is truly an oxymoron to say that a player is "better than he is playing right now" because there is only right now. Nobody can know if that player can play better in future games. We can only know how he has played in recent games to judge if he belongs on the field in future games. Practicing well doesn't count if it has had no effect on game performance.

If a young player has been up and down, it might be a tough call to bench him but when a veteran player has not played well all season, it's time to try someone else at his position.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 05:48 PM   #24
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Yet again we have a HC who can actually say dumb shit like that and mean it. Why can't he understand that a player is exactly as good or bad as how he plays in regular season games? It is truly an oxymoron to say that a player is "better than he is playing right now" because there is only right now. Nobody can know if that player can play better in future games. We can only know how he has played in recent games to judge if he belongs on the field in future games. Practicing well doesn't count if it has had no effect on game performance.

If a young player has been up and down, it might be a tough call to bench him but when a veteran player has not played well all season, it's time to try someone else at his position.
I don't give a flying fuck what he says in press conferences. I want him to do something. Rule of Rich Tandler, don't care what they say, see what they do.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 05:54 PM   #25
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post

Exactly man, it’s the stupidest shit ever. I coach HS football and have for a while, you are what u are lol. It’s just that “coach talk” bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2021, 05:54 PM   #26
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Lol…of course excuse making is totally back with the redskins team. Zero accountability by the coaches and this god aweful highest paid player on the team

But Ron changed the culture? You have players blaming the coaches saying we didn’t expect that. You have Coaches blaming the players saying they should be playing better. Maybe, just maybe, the players and coaches are accountable for stinking.

On a related note we are the worst team in our division. We will get a top five pick, and an easier schedule next year. If we can get rid of this staff maybe next year is our year!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 05:56 PM   #27
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Landon Collins said they didn’t think the Saints would attempt a Hail Mary. Said they were expecting a quick pass and FG attempt “we werent prepared for that one”.

If I was this clown, I would keep my mouth shut.

That is insanity. Even if that is what you were expecting pre snap once you found yourselves in the endzone standing there waiting for the ball to come down something in your head had to say it isn’t a short pass. No?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 07:01 PM   #28
jamf
Pro Bowl

Good news is no more surprises, This team sucks. Hopefully they can get a top 5 pick so they can draft a good QB.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 07:16 PM   #29
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Good news is no more surprises, This team sucks. Hopefully they can get a top 5 pick so they can draft a good QB.

The only one really worthy of top 5 would be Malik Willis.. it’s a very weak QB class of course as we need one the most lmao
Old 10-10-2021, 08:09 PM   #30
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
For gods sake drafting a QB with a top 15 pick in next years draft would be the height of stupidity. There isn't a QB that will be in next years draft that would have gone before Mills in this years draft and he went in the 3rd.
nonniey is online now   Reply With Quote