Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-06-2020, 12:37 PM   #901
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Media Bias

I think the media has more of a habit to tell just one side of the story than flat out lie. Also a lot of mistakes are made trying to rush to be the first to break a story or provide information on an ongoing one.

My favorite gaffe was the Asiana flight 214 when they read the names of those in the cockpit.

Captain Sum Ting Wong. I was like "Are you kidding me?" I thought it was a bad joke. How someone didn't catch that ridiculous screw up is beyond me.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-06-2020, 12:56 PM   #902
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I think the media has more of a habit to tell just one side of the story than flat out lie. Also a lot of mistakes are made trying to rush to be the first to break a story or provide information on an ongoing one.

My favorite gaffe was the Asiana flight 214 when they read the names of those in the cockpit.

Captain Sum Ting Wong. I was like "Are you kidding me?" I thought it was a bad joke. How someone didn't catch that ridiculous screw up is beyond me.
I think its correct to delineate between these but understand, they are weaving narratives to tell the viewer what they should believe and not laying facts out to let the viewer make there own decision.

A great example yesterday and today are the pieces on Elizabeth Warren...instead of pointing out why loss (lying multiple times about major stories within her life, positions that changed, inability to chose a lane, internal campaign "tokenism" combined with her fake wokeness pandering bullshit, her finger-wagging Elitist holier-than-thou-attitude, etc)………. you will a narrative of sexism and misogyny as the reason she lost. THIS IS UTTER BULLSHIT. The exit polling proves this to a T (Biden won women in her OWN home state). Also Hillary just won the popular vote in a Presidential run. There is no evidence of sexism and there hasn't been, but yet multiple articles and pundits IMMEDIATELY go to this reason.

Don't buy it, its fake news. Instead she should own it.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:15 PM   #903
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

If you shared this, you participated in another fake news story this time perpetuated by CBS which spread to other media organizations such as, huffpost, cnn, etc

Now cbs has issued a correction...but here is the thing, the fake news story gets 51k likes but the correction gets 400

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1247268250926428160

This lying bitch is a part time nurse and one of g1 fav, “Instagram influencer”. She lies and exaggerates to go viral...it works because CBS has a narrative to support and facts to distort. This is a weekly occurrence with so called news orgs.

He Gets Us
Old 04-06-2020, 09:04 PM   #904
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If you shared this, you participated in another fake news story this time perpetuated by CBS which spread to other media organizations such as, huffpost, cnn, etc

Now cbs has issued a correction...but here is the thing, the fake news story gets 51k likes but the correction gets 400

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1247268250926428160

This lying bitch is a part time nurse and one of g1 fav, “Instagram influencer”. She lies and exaggerates to go viral...it works because CBS has a narrative to support and facts to distort. This is a weekly occurrence with so called news orgs.
Here ya go chico , more on the FOX bullshit .............that you ignore and perpetuate. You bitch about someone on "instagram" when your FOX NEWS MSM is pulling this BS. Grow up.

............................ defending your POS president.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-ne...he-coronavirus
Old 04-07-2020, 09:20 AM   #905
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Mattys video post in when is enough enough says it all. Yeah its funny. All the dangerous right wing media regurgitated sheep bullshit and Chico is enraged by a nurse on YouTube. Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:09 PM   #906
Giantone
Gamebreaker

For chico................

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/jack-...124125645.html

Trump Tweet Gets Personal Fact-Check From Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey
Old 06-06-2020, 09:31 PM   #907
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I think pretty much all media is biased, except maybe for the local TV news. A common crime is lying by omission by telling only one side of the story and leaving out details.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 12:05 PM   #908
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://twitter.com/KarluskaP/status...59893562589185

The greatest thing ever. Fredo is such a lying hack piece of garbage

He Gets Us
Old 06-14-2020, 12:19 PM   #909
SunnySide
Playmaker

^^ That’s freaking hilarious. Does that guy do a lot of those?

[IMG

This photo got me. The photo being used by Fox News had to guy with the gun by the sign. I thought this CHAZ thing had armed guys at the entrances but no ... the gun guy photo was from weeks earlier and then edited to be next to the welcome sign.

Is that media bias?

I don’t really care that much. Media massages their messages. Fox News does it, cnn does it .... I just don’t get all angry when fox does it as some shining example of how horrible and lying conservatives are. Because both sides do it so it would be a good bit hypocritical of me to get all upset at Fox News doing it while ignoring the liberal media doing it.
Old 06-14-2020, 02:42 PM   #910
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
^^ That’s freaking hilarious. Does that guy do a lot of those?

[IMG

This photo got me. The photo being used by Fox News had to guy with the gun by the sign. I thought this CHAZ thing had armed guys at the entrances but no ... the gun guy photo was from weeks earlier and then edited to be next to the welcome sign.

Is that media bias?

I don’t really care that much. Media massages their messages. Fox News does it, cnn does it .... I just don’t get all angry when fox does it as some shining example of how horrible and lying conservatives are. Because both sides do it so it would be a good bit hypocritical of me to get all upset at Fox News doing it while ignoring the liberal media doing it.
What’s biased about? The fact they took the guy who was there at a check point from one picture and photoshop him into another? Both images are true...the guy is real and was there with his gun guarding the the place. I dunno know, but there are much better examples of false images than this one.

This is the most recent one which is clearly fake news which was shared by many in the media:

https://news.yahoo.com/viral-photo-w...161009338.html

He Gets Us
Old 06-14-2020, 03:04 PM   #911
SunnySide
Playmaker

Hope all is good with you on this Sunday.

Is this one better?

Article about Seattle ... but the photo is actually from St. Paul Minnesota.

Do you think Fox News doesn’t do media bias?
Old 06-14-2020, 03:19 PM   #912
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Hope all is good with you on this Sunday.

Is this one better?

Article about Seattle ... but the photo is actually from St. Paul Minnesota.

Do you think Fox News doesn’t do media bias?
If that’s Minnesota and they are saying that’s Seattle, then yeah that’s a great example of dishonest, biased reporting imo.

I think the way Fox presents some stories, yes def some biased...especially in the morning show, the five and of course the night opinion shows.

But

I think their 2 lead news reporters Harris Faulkner and Brett Baier do a really good job being more balanced In reporting than both NBC And CBS news whether its the morning shows and nightly news. ABC news seems to be the least biased in their nightly news, but not in the morning with that liberal lying hack George stephacrapolis.

He Gets Us
Old 06-14-2020, 03:22 PM   #913
SunnySide
Playmaker

I like baier and especially Wallace
Old 06-14-2020, 03:27 PM   #914
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I like baier and especially Wallace
Forgot to add...the woman on Fox News are pretty hot. Dana Perino is a complete smoke show...I mean, when she was younger...she was kinda cute

My god, she is incredible and in my top 5 five

He Gets Us
Old 07-14-2020, 09:21 PM   #915
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Article about writer from NYT/Grey Lady has resigned.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bari-w...times-bullying

This whole you're only on my side if you agree with me 100% (both sides are guilty of this) on everything is sickening.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote