Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-25-2017, 03:56 PM   #46
dmek25
MVP

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

i would love something like this. thought kasich was definitely the best candidate the GOP had/ have

Advertisements
Old 08-25-2017, 09:01 PM   #47
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Idk much about Kasich or Hickenlooper but I'm all in favor of two people crossing party lines to come together for the good of the majority. A little give-and-take goes a long way.

Unrelated side note, it's a good time to be a top law enforcement official convicted in a court of law of disobeying a judge's direct order. At least he's not Sheriff Joe anymore.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:08 AM   #48
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i would love something like this. thought kasich was definitely the best candidate the GOP had/ have

I am all for it,anything is better than what we have in there now!!!
Old 08-26-2017, 05:23 PM   #49
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Boycott These 7 NFL Teams Funding Donald Trump's Agenda

Damnit, Dan.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:16 AM   #50
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Trump admin talking points: DACA recipients should prepare to leave US

"With all the compassion in my heart, I just want to tell these young illegals, to gtfo. Lousy foreigners, I mean come on these kids can't even hold down jobs. Stop breathing the sweet air of freedom, you're Mehico's problem now."
Old 09-06-2017, 11:25 AM   #51
MTK
\m/

So fucking tired of Trump's shit
Old 09-06-2017, 02:22 PM   #52
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Taking the visceral anti-Trump reaction out the equation, the bottom line is that Obama's unilateral determination to administratively nullify laws on the books was a HUGE deal. Sure, it was for a good thing - who could oppose "Dreamers" motivated to succeed. I mean, how could anyone refuse to help these kids?

I don't know. Ask Congress. The legislative branch specifically refused to enact a law that would have created a legal exemption for DACA kids. After the legislature refused to rescind the law prohibiting it, Obama decided that the rule of law is for losers and meanies. He had a pen and phone, <in my best bandito voice> "Laws? We don't need no stinking laws!"

Obama justified the refusal to enforce on the executive branch's prosecutorial discretion (Congress makes the laws, the President enforces them - but sometimes POTUS just can't enforce them all, so he gets to pick and choose what to enforce).

The administrative DACA rule was a really big step the usurpation of legislative power by the executive. Sure, this time it was for a good thing. But the funny thing about laws in a common law society is that once a branch of government expands its authority, particularly the executive branch which is entrusted with police powers, it generally does move back. Today the POTUS says, he we just want to help kids. Tomorrow, enforcing this law would make it tough for business, enforcing this law makes it hard for cops to do their job, enforcing this law stops us from monitioring everyone allowing the bad guys to stir up bad stuff and break down society. No, No ... don't worry about passing any new laws, we'll just do stuff that we think is best - We have pens and a phone (and the police, prosecutors, army, etc.)

You want to be pissed? Get angry at Congress for failing to lawfully enact Daca in the first place. The have six months to come up with a fix. Call you congressman and tell them to get off there ass.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:03 PM   #53
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Good post Joe, that's some insight I didn't think about, tbh I didn't follow the process of how DACA got enabled in the first place. But you're right, if Obama overstepped his authority to ride it through that's not cool, especially considering the doors it opens for future presidents. I still hold out hope Congress will do the right thing, even if their track record says otherwise.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:21 PM   #54
MTK
\m/

Here we go with the Thanks Obama shit. Trump and this admin are full of turds. Congress too. Fuck em all. They're fucking with good people's lives. Fuck their bullshit.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:16 PM   #55
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Trump admin talking points: DACA recipients should prepare to leave US

"With all the compassion in my heart, I just want to tell these young illegals, to gtfo. Lousy foreigners, I mean come on these kids can't even hold down jobs. Stop breathing the sweet air of freedom, you're Mehico's problem now."
So, when does Melanie leave???
Old 09-06-2017, 04:22 PM   #56
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Good post Joe, that's some insight I didn't think about, tbh I didn't follow the process of how DACA got enabled in the first place. But you're right, if Obama overstepped his authority to ride it through that's not cool, especially considering the doors it opens for future presidents. I still hold out hope Congress will do the right thing, even if their track record says otherwise.

NO, yes JR is right(as always) about DACA.But why now,why do this now?These are not the criminals he was talking about during the campaign ,yes make Congress do their job.Don't blame Obama,he was trying to do the right thing with a Congress that turned down anything with his name on it and this is the result of Congress not doing the job they were elected to do.
If the people around trump have any sense at all they will find a way to fix this nightmare or the GOP is going to pay in a big way.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #57
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

NO, yes JR is right(as always) about DACA.But why now,why do this now?These are not the criminals he was talking about during the campaign ,yes make Congress do their job.Don't blame Obama,he was trying to do the right thing with a Congress that turned down anything with his name on it and this is the result of Congress not doing the job they were elected to do.
If the people around trump have any sense at all they will find a way to fix this nightmare or the GOP is going to pay in a big way.I will add that I do believe that trump decided to play with this now becuase of the Mueller investigations.Yeah I think he is that big pf an ass.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:12 PM   #58
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Here we go with the Thanks Obama shit. Trump and this admin are full of turds. Congress too. Fuck em all. They're fucking with good people's lives. Fuck their bullshit.

Didn't say they weren't.

as for the "Thanks Obama shit," sorry, but, when it comes to ultra vires expansion of authority, Obama excelled at running the imperial presidency.

In general, it was due in large part to the obstructionism on Republican party and I would suggest was motivated by a genuine desire to help disadvantaged populations. It doesn't change the fact that the Obama presidency advanced the authority of the Presidency and the administrative/regulatory branch of government considerably.

[As an example, during the Obama Admin, public universities were expected to follow the Dept. of Education's Office of Civil Rights "sub-regulatory" guidance or be subjected to incredibly burdensome audits, significant fines, lengthy litigation, and/or having their institution placed on a public watch list (destroying enrollment). The guidance was "sub-regulatory" b/c it didn't even go through the vetting process required for agencies to enact binding regulation; it really was just a policy statement by the head bureaucrat and, if institutions did not follow the administrator's pronouncements, expect an audit of every Title VII, Title VI an Title IX complaint brought against the school in the previous three years. It was HORRIBLE]

However, by doing an end around the obstructionists,
Old 09-06-2017, 08:07 PM   #59
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So, when does Melanie leave???
Whoa, she gets the hot blonde exception. This only applies to dirty Mexicans.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:09 PM   #60
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
We've got a live response from Congress to your post: