Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

What's up with the cops these days?

Debating with the enemy

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #46
saden1
MVP

Re: What's up with the cops these days?

There is no maybe on it being over the top. She could have suffered severe head trauma. It's excessive force....unacceptable...fire his ass.

-Jenkins

Advertisements
Old 05-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #47
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I saw nothing wrong with it.

He didn't beat her relentlessly or anything. The cops show up to the scene and in 15 seconds have to assess what the hell is going on and make decisions. That guy has no idea if she has a weapon or whether she is going to get violent towards. All he knows is that she was involved in an assault and fleeing...plus we can't hear what he said or what she said. All he did was one forceful take-down. Does it LOOK over the top? Maybe but over the top and she isn't terribly injured is better than trying to be nice and she pulls a knife on him.
as someone who has had ploice training there are a bunch of things wrong with it. you can hear the girl hit the ground which means the officer did not even come close to a strong enough verbal command to follow through with such force. does he deserved to get fired? that's debateable but i don't beleive so, he should be suspended without pay though for sure, what he did was completely unacceptable.

ST21
Old 05-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #48
elindsay
Camp Scrub

[QUOTE=tryfuhl;709217]Seriously.. a bowel movement could create a more "aggressive" posture.[ Now thats funny
Old 05-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #49
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I'm not even going to try and defend something I have not seen because the work computer won't let me, but there is always two sides to every story. Yes something can look extremely bad and after you hear all the facts find out that what you saw was not exactly what happened.

I have seen video from a police car camera of police officers stopping a suspect and as he gets out of his car and walks away they shoot him. Then you watch the video from the back up officers vehicle and you can actually see that the suspect got out of the car with a gun, pointed it at the officers, then tried to walk away the whole time waving the gun back at the officers. and if I'm not mistaken he fires the gun once or twice not hitting the officers.

But again looking at the first video would leave people wondering why the police shot and killed a man who had no weapon and who was only walking away from them.

I'd suggest trying to find out where the incident occurred and reading what was in the local paper, how the police chief responded to the incident and video.

Again I'm not trying to defend something I didn't see, just saying before people jump on the "Look another cop abusing someone" can we look into the issue a little further? Plus in the long run if the cops were at fault you might find out the police department didn't condone it and fired said officers.

I try to remind people that no matter where you go or where you work you will always find someone there who is a screw up. But to label everyone as a bad apple because of a select few would be innapropriate. Is it fair to say all teachers are bad because one teacher in the school building sold drugs to kids at the school? or had sex with one of his or her students?

Is it fair to say that because we hear about one fast food worker spitting on food then all fast food workers are garbage?

Because someone from the media wrote an article with out investigating the facts then all media people are bad and write or report false stories?

The only reason we hear so much about police brutality is because there is a large volume of employed police officers across America. Even if only 1% are bad there will still be in everyone's eye's too much police brutality or corrupt cops.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #50
FRPLG
MVP

I guess my feeling is that if I am a cop then when I decide to take someone down then I am going to put their ass down. No pussy footing around. In this case that's what I see. One aggressively forceful take-down. The other side of it is of course is what made him decide he had to take her down at all. Since I wasn't there and can't hear it then I have no idea whether it was kosher or not. His overall demeanor doesn't project aggressiveness though which leads me to believe he wasn't just having a bad day. I am the last one to defend a cop too.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #51
saden1
MVP

I love how you guy hate police states around the world but police here in america can do no wrong and are free to wwe a teen girl. What a travesty when police can do this sort of thing with support.

-Jenkins
Old 05-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #52
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

He smacked her down hard. She didn't appear to threatening him in any way. He didn't appear to have made even one serious command of "HALT POLICE!!!" (although he may have, can't get any sound in the video). Other than walking away, she made no attempt to resist arrest (granted with the take down she didn't have a chance).

I agree that once a cop says makes a clear command to stop, you better stop or you escalate the situation. Furrter, if you make any move that could legitimatley be seen as threatening, all bets are off (reaching into your jacket, pushing the officer away, etc.) None of those things seemed to happen here.

Not sure it is a firing offense, certainly a serious suspension and, depending on his past history, possibly a firing.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #53
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

PROTECT AND SERVE....is that what happened?
Old 05-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #54
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
PROTECT AND SERVE....is that what happened?
No unless "protect and serve" is not afforded to suspects.

-Jenkins
Old 05-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #55
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
No unless "protect and serve" is not afforded to suspects.
It is a much deeper issue than I want to penetrate tonight, but it does not appear to me that their agenda is To protect and serve anymore.....
Old 05-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #56
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
I love how you guy hate police states around the world but police here in america can do no wrong and are free to wwe a teen girl. What a travesty when police can do this sort of thing with support.
Dude you clearly don't have a clue about kids these days. How about an 8th grade girl, 14y/o arguing sighted parents and trying to run away and when the police officer tries to get her under control she kicks him in the balls, causing him to have surgery and almost not able to have kids in the future.

Another cop had a high school girl verbally threaten to assault another girl and when the cop intervened the 1st girl said "**** you." then the fight was on. The cop ended up with scratch marks on his face.

Dude girls are dangerous when it comes to cops having to stop them from wanting to fight or arrest them.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #57
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Dude you clearly don't have a clue about kids these days. How about an 8th grade girl, 14y/o arguing sighted parents and trying to run away and when the police officer tries to get her under control she kicks him in the balls, causing him to have surgery and almost not able to have kids in the future.

Another cop had a high school girl verbally threaten to assault another girl and when the cop intervened the 1st girl said "**** you." then the fight was on. The cop ended up with scratch marks on his face.

Dude girls are dangerous when it comes to cops having to stop them from wanting to fight or arrest them.
really? girls are dangerous? if an officer can't subdue a teenage girl he should look for another profession, sorry but let's get serious. honestly if you cannot control a 15 y/o adolescent wtf are you gonna do with a 6' 200lb fully grown drunk man. if you can't watch this video (with sound) and not think this is a clear missuse/abuse of power i really don't know what to say

ST21
Old 05-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #58
saden1
MVP

This guy got 10 million from seattle police....I wonder how many times tax payers are willing to pay that kind of cash.

-Jenkins
Old 05-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #59
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
really? girls are dangerous? if an officer can't subdue a teenage girl he should look for another profession, sorry but let's get serious. honestly if you cannot control a 15 y/o adolescent wtf are you gonna do with a 6' 200lb fully grown drunk man. if you can't watch this video (with sound) and not think this is a clear missuse/abuse of power i really don't know what to say
You seriously don't understand. Yeah it's easy for someone to pepper spray someone into submitting, it's easy to use the Batton on someone to get them to follow directions. Where it becomes difficult for anyone is when the cops are trying to not hurt the suspect and not get themselves hurt.
See the bad guy does not play by that rule. They don't care who they hurt as long as they get away.

From a males perspective it's easy to get a male under control, it's the male cop trying to arrest the female suspect with out hurting them.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #60
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
This guy got 1.3 million from seattle police....I wonder how many times tax payers are willing to pay that kind of cash.

this video leaves a lot of unknowns though, apparently this guy fled and was slowing when the officer shoved him. it sounds like he had some drugs on him and was mistakenly identified as someone in a bar fight and when approached by officers fled. granted the officer's use of force could be questioned the fact that this guy was identified and fled when approached cannot.

ST21
Closed Thread