Trent Williams traded to the 49ers

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-27-2020, 01:23 PM   #31
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Trent Williams traded to the 49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Don't let this organization off the hook for this fiasco.
It's been the same toxic environment for 20+ years and Snyder is root of all this.

We all hope it's a new day at Redskins park and maybe it is but don't be so quick to throw a player under the bus.
Hopefully Snyder has wised up and realize his behavior was a big part of the problem.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2020, 01:25 PM   #32
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Don't let this organization off the hook for this fiasco.
It's been the same toxic environment for 20+ years and Snyder is root of all this.

We all hope it's a new day at Redskins park and maybe it is but don't be so quick to throw a player under the bus.
Ian Rappaport called out Trent and his agent for lying. It was put out and not contradicted that Trent got upset because RR didn't reach out to him before Greg Olsen. From the time BA was fired till now, I don't see any sign that the organization did anything but try to work with TW to resolve it in a way that was reasonable for both sides. Sorry, The 2020 Skins are off the hook in my mind.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:26 PM   #33
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Ian Rappaport called out Trent and his agent for lying. It was put out and not contradicted that Trent got upset because RR didn't reach out to him before Greg Olsen. From the time BA was fired till now, I don't see any sign that the organization did anything but try to work with TW to resolve it in a way that was reasonable for both sides. Sorry, The 2020 Skins are off the hook in my mind.
I'm not defending ba in any way, I just call things like I see them....and I liked the way it was handled from the jump. I'm not a fan of players that signed contracts holding the team hostage when they decide a few years later they dont like the legal document they signed. I'm glad they let him sit and set a precedent that the team will not bend on these issues. Best player on the team or not. They tried to work with this guy under a totally new regime, and he continued to try to manipulate the situation and fans. I'm glad it played out this way, and after these antics, I'm glad to see him go. This is a rare win, imo, for the skins front office. Now the only thing to do is look to the future.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:40 PM   #34
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Trent Williams is dead to me...his piece of garbage agent had mentioned in a statement awhile back Trent hope to be in the ring of fame one day. Fuck that shit, he doesn’t deserve it and after his stunt never will. Time won’t heal this one folks, fuck him and his fucked up
scalp.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:48 PM   #35
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Trent Williams is dead to me...his piece of garbage agent had mentioned in a statement awhile back Trent hope to be in the ring of fame one day. Fuck that shit, he doesn’t deserve it and after his stunt never will. Time won’t heal this one folks, fuck him and his fucked up
scalp.
Maybe a dick was growing out of his head. We will refer to him as Richard Cranium.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:03 PM   #36
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yeah he was my favorite redskin for a long time but I'm over that BS debacle. Glad he's gone

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2020, 11:31 PM   #37
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

He is dead to me also. In Madden I trade him.
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:35 PM   #38
Warthog
The Starter

Trent Williams traded to the 49ers

There will be hard feelings about Trent for a long time.

I just heard how he was picked up by the 49ers. A couple days before the draft, a perennial pro bowler, Joe Staley (OT), told the San Francisco leadership that he was going to retire. John Lynch, their GM, played his cards very well. He waited throughout the draft and no one picked up Trent. On the third day of the draft, he calls Washington and offers his paltry deal. Rivera was backed into a corner. He had tried to get Trent to come back to play here, early on as HC. Before the draft, Trent’s agent publicly calls out the team for dragging their feet on his trade - burning any bridge toward coming back to the Redskins. Trent’s salary demands were outrageously expensive - which is why the Redskins got NO OFFERS BEFORE THE DRAFT. During the draft, there was only one trade offer after the first day - meaning a third round or later trade. Minnesota. Trent turned it down. So by the time Lynch called, Rivera had little choice but to take the deal. It was either a FIFTH round pick (worthless) and a third rounder next year (not very valuable), or get NOTHING and have Trent sitting out another season.

So Trent got his money, he’s playing for a real contender and the Redskin’s got very little for a player of his caliber. Last year I blamed Bruce Allen, this year I blame Trent Williams. There won’t be many fans wearing Williams on their jersey after this. Let the 49ers put him in their Ring of Fame.

BTW, my guess is that John Lynch called Trent ahead of time about the trade offer he was going to make to Rivera. THAT’S WHY TRENT TURNED DOWN THE MINNESOTA DEAL. Minnesota is a contender and Trent protected Kirk Cousins for years. So why turn down a trade offer late in the draft? UNLESS he knew of the 49ers plan. But whether Trent knew of John Lynch’s plan AHEAD OF TIME, is known only by the two of them. Neither will EVER admit to anything. Trent gets his big paycheck, he finishes his career for an outstanding team that will be a real contender for the SB and John Lynch looks like a genius.

from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 04-28-2020 at 12:02 AM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:14 AM   #39
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
There will be hard feelings about Trent for a long time.

I just heard how he was picked up by the 49ers. A couple days before the draft, a perennial pro bowler, Joe Staley (OT), told the San Francisco leadership that he was going to retire. John Lynch, their GM, played his cards very well. He waited throughout the draft and no one picked up Trent. On the third day of the draft, he calls Washington and offers his paltry deal. Rivera was backed into a corner. He had tried to get Trent to come back to play here, early on as HC. Before the draft, Trent’s agent publicly calls out the team for dragging their feet on his trade - burning any bridge toward coming back to the Redskins. Trent’s salary demands were outrageously expensive - which is why the Redskins got NO OFFERS BEFORE THE DRAFT. During the draft, there was only one trade offer after the first day - meaning a third round or later trade. Minnesota. Trent turned it down. So by the time Lynch called, Rivera had little choice but to take the deal. It was either a FIFTH round pick (worthless) and a third rounder next year (not very valuable), or get NOTHING and have Trent sitting out another season.

So Trent got his money, he’s playing for a real contender and the Redskin’s got very little for a player of his caliber. Last year I blamed Bruce Allen, this year I blame Trent Williams. There won’t be many fans wearing Williams on their jersey after this. Let the 49ers put him in their Ring of Fame.

BTW, my guess is that John Lynch called Trent ahead of time about the trade offer he was going to make to Rivera. THAT’S WHY TRENT TURNED DOWN THE MINNESOTA DEAL. Minnesota is a contender and Trent protected Kirk Cousins for years. So why turn down a trade offer late in the draft? UNLESS he knew of the 49ers plan. But whether Trent knew of John Lynch’s plan AHEAD OF TIME, is known only by the two of them. Neither will EVER admit to anything. Trent gets his big paycheck, he finishes his career for an outstanding team that will be a real contender for the SB and John Lynch looks like a genius.

from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with everything in this post, except one thing: Trent couldn't have afforded to sit out another year. He would have had to play.
Now I'm happy Rivera got rid of the distraction and managed to get some sort of value back, but i don't think the alternative would have been TW sitting out. I think it would have been him playing his contract out and then leaving via FA, which might not be a better option long term than getting what you can get for him now.

Yet again, I'm happy with the trade under the circumstances.
Old 04-28-2020, 01:37 AM   #40
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

The 3rd next year doesn't sound great now. But when the draft rolls around it will be nice. We'll be able to add another top 100 player. I'm perfectly happy with the trade and glad it's over with.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 09:04 PM   #41
rocnrik
Playmaker

Plus the cap space from moving on from Trent helps ...
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 09:08 AM   #42
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ron Rivera said last October the Skins had a first round pick on the table for Trent.

This is why I said the after the season, trents value would plummet and it did.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 09:14 AM   #43
MTK
\m/

Thanks to Bruce we got two 3rds and a 5th for Cousins and Williams, seriously fuck that guy. Total gross mismanagement of both situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2020, 09:42 AM   #44
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Thanks to Bruce we got two 3rds and a 5th for Cousins and Williams, seriously fuck that guy. Total gross mismanagement of both situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep Kirk is also about to be on his 2nd contract with Min... We got robbed
Old 04-29-2020, 02:04 PM   #45
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Fuck Bruce Allen!! What a fucking moron!! Never wanted him in Washington after what he did in Oakland.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...mpression=true

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote