Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

RI: Jeremy Bridges agrees to terms

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #31
diehard
The Starter

Re: RI: Jeremy Bridges agrees to terms

I hope the team is settled on a legitimate starting RT (or two) before the season starts....
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #32
The Goat
Pro Bowl

I guess we're doing the best we can. Little surprised Levi Jones didn't come available nor did any other legit starting RT talent (post draft). It seems like teams are willing to invest larger and larger amounts of their cap space at the tackle position, retaining vets w/ big contracts while still going out and drafting/signing the best available in the rookie pool. Smart football really...
Old 05-06-2009, 10:59 AM   #33
freddyg12
Playmaker

We might be getting this guy at the right time.

I hate to look to our arch rival for examples, but many were shocked when the Tuna started Marc colombo a few years ago. He was a fairly highly regarded player (2nd round I believe) w/the Bears but had injury problems I think. Whatever the case, he'd fallen into obscurity then came to dallas & won a job which he's had ever since. He's done really well there too.

I hope Bridge or M. Williams has a similar story here. We don't need a pro bowl level RT, at this point it would just be great to see someone play the position close to the way Jansen did before his injuries.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #34
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

^^ Seriously. I am not looking for an All Pro, just someone who is a legitimate NFL starter who can handle the regular joe DE's 1 on 1 on every play. Anything beyond that is gravy. Last year, neither Heyer or Jansen was capable of doing that.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #35
RedTempleSkin
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
^^ Seriously. I am not looking for an All Pro, just someone who is a legitimate NFL starter who can handle the regular joe DE's 1 on 1 on every play. Anything beyond that is gravy. Last year, neither Heyer or Jansen was capable of doing that.
This is Bridges. He was a 2yr starter for the Panthers(one at rt, the other at guard). He will be a good pick up for us. With this and if we can get Williams to be half of what he use to be, we will be much improved on the o-line. Bridges will provide more versatility, if Williams is moving like Doc Walker is saying, this could be an area of strength instead of a weakness.
RedTempleSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #36
GridIron26
Playmaker

Red, you are right.. However the chance of Bridges AND Williams playing pretty good are kinda slim.. I believe Bridges do have a chance to be pretty good player for us, but I'm not sure if I can say same thing for Williams..

I have soft spot for Heyer, I believe he can be a decent RT this year.. He definitely has potentials to be good RT but he seems to have difficult time to absorb everything Buges is teaching..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #37
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
my point exactly. bring the position up to basic league standards!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #38
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Red, you are right.. However the chance of Bridges AND Williams playing pretty good are kinda slim.. I believe Bridges do have a chance to be pretty good player for us, but I'm not sure if I can say same thing for Williams..

I have soft spot for Heyer, I believe he can be a decent RT this year.. He definitely has potentials to be good RT but he seems to have difficult time to absorb everything Buges is teaching..
Don't mean to make fun of you Grid, but this post sounds like Emmitt Smith!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #39
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I would like to see our line stay healthy for a season. I know this is highly age related, but people do realize the Giants O-line has been one unit for 3 years. That would be great. The O-line, and the D-line, is not just individual players but also a cohesive unit. a side note, just got a text that Levi Jones was just released!!

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 05-06-2009 at 03:08 PM.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #40
vallin21
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
I have lived in both. I don't necessarily think that DC is going to have more distractions. More people are assholes up here and have a inflated level of self-worth so it might be easier to get into an argument but then again most of them don't have a spine so they back down pretty quickly.[/B]

If you hang around the wrong people or find the wrong part of town in any city you will get into trouble.

P.S. As far as the strip clubs, I think they are better in Charlotte. You can have lap dances (If there is a club in DC with lap dances let me know!). And definitely no pasties like the Commonwealth...
Funny, but very true which is why I hope he's grown up because there are more people in DC to piss you off (sometimes). Bro, I haven't been to the club in like 4 yrs which is ironically where I met my fiance'e.:confused:
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #41
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
[/b] Funny, but very true which is why I hope he's grown up because there are more people in DC to piss you off (sometimes). Bro, I haven't been to the club in like 4 yrs which is ironically where I met my fiance'e.:confused:
I was in Jersey for a B-party a couple of weeks ago. All nude and great lapdances and BYOB. I fell in love twice in less than 3 hours.... ha ha
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #42
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Don't mean to make fun of you Grid, but this post sounds like Emmitt Smith!

Lol :yeahright I ain't gonna be like any of those cowgirl players

JLC on Bridges: Redskins Insider - Bridges Looks for Fresh Start With Skins

Last edited by GridIron26; 05-06-2009 at 04:33 PM.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #43
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
[/B] Funny, but very true which is why I hope he's grown up because there are more people in DC to piss you off (sometimes). Bro, I haven't been to the club in like 4 yrs which is ironically where I met my fiance'e.:confused:
I don't know about everyone else...but I'd sure like to hear the rest of this story
Old 05-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #44
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Well, he does seem to have a firm grasp on the obvious. In describing the two incidents that occurred in Carolina, Bridges said:

"Things happen and I can't blame nobody but myself. If I wouldn't even have been in that situation then I wouldn't have been in the situation."
washingtonpost.com

He seems to think that his being in the situation resulted from his being in the situation. Actually, it is somewhat zenlike. Maybe he is presenting us with a koan that challenges us to think beyond his situation...

Or, maybe he is just a meathead.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #45
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Well, he does seem to have a firm grasp on the obvious. In describing the two incidents that occurred in Carolina, Bridges said:

"Things happen and I can't blame nobody but myself. If I wouldn't even have been in that situation then I wouldn't have been in the situation."
washingtonpost.com

He seems to think that his being in the situation resulted from his being in the situation. Actually, it is somewhat zenlike. Maybe he is presenting us with a koan that challenges us to think beyond his situation...

Or, maybe he is just a meathead.
He is 326 and plays football so meathead is probably more accurate. I talked to a Panthers fan who was disappointed that he was gone (despite the issues). He said that Bridges is a pretty good player.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote