Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

NFL's JLC Going 16-0 not a perfect way of winning a championship

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
KLHJ2
Inactive

NFL's JLC Going 16-0 not a perfect way of winning a championship

Going 16-0 not a perfect way of winning a championship

I would like to hear some of your opinions on this subject.

I for one would love for someone else to go undefeated and win the Superbowl. I have 2 major reasons for wanting this.

1. The last team to do it was the 72 Dolphins, while not many people remember the other 16 games that the Dolphins played that year almost any football fan can tell you that the defeated the Washington Redskins in that Superbowl. In essence we are the only team to allow perfection. 2 seasons ago the Giants could have shared the misery with us, but we all know how that turned out.

2. Just like Adam Schefter, I am so sick an tired of the 72 Dolphins getting together at seasons end just to have dinner and drink a glass of shanpagne just to rub in the fact that they are the only team to do it. It pissess me off even more because of item 1 listed above.

Now that the rant is out of my system, I want to ask you guys how you feel about the subject. Should the Colts and or Saints rest their players in the upcomming weeks or should they make a run at the whole thing?
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Re: NFL's JLC Going 16-0 not a perfect way of winning a championship

The Dolphins hold a monopoly on that distinction and there's a conspiracy to assure it remains intact. Maybe one day the record will be challenged.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

I agree with you on both points. I also think Peyton Manning is the greatest QB to ever play the game and would love him to reach that achievement. Unfortunately, the Colts philosophy is to rest its starters so that probably won't happen. While I understand that the Superbowl is the goal all teams strive for, its still "just" an annual record. Someone wins the superbowl every year. The Colts are an annual playoff team. Theyve won the superbowl recently. They should strive to achieve something thats even greater than that - perfection.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

I sware the 72 Dolphins are cockiest, most annoying bunch of fools I've ever seen. From Mercury Morris all the way down to Larry Csonka and his bi-hourly showing on NFL Network "thats what perfections all about." Please, how about it was great to be a part of something special. These guys have such an arrogance about them that it makes my blood boil. Enough to root for the backstabbing Colts to run the table and make last years champaign bottle the last one to be popped by the mediorce 72 Dolphins.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Colts are backstabbing?
Old 12-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #6
MTK
\m/

The Saints are going to go for it if 16-0 is in reach, the Colts on the other hand are likely to rest guys for the playoff run.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post

I for one would love for someone else to go undefeated and win the Superbowl. I have 2 major reasons for wanting this.

1. The last team to do it was the 72 Dolphins, while not many people remember the other 16 games that the Dolphins played that year almost any football fan can tell you that the defeated the Washington Redskins in that Superbowl. In essence we are the only team to allow perfection. 2 seasons ago the Giants could have shared the misery with us, but we all know how that turned out.

2. Just like Adam Schefter, I am so sick an tired of the 72 Dolphins getting together at seasons end just to have dinner and drink a glass of shanpagne just to rub in the fact that they are the only team to do it. It pissess me off even more because of item 1 listed above.

Now that the rant is out of my system, I want to ask you guys how you feel about the subject. Should the Colts and or Saints rest their players in the upcomming weeks or should they make a run at the whole thing?
I completely understand your reasoning.

However, I don't want anyone going undefeated. The beauty of pro football lies in the old "on any given day" saying IMO. When someone goes undefeated, there are no "any given days." So I will continue to root against any team which threatens to go unbeaten.

BTW my logic applies in reverse, too. I was saddened by the Lions 0-fer for the same reason.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #8
duetsch215
Special Teams

if i was Sean Payton i would keep playing every game all the way through. Like my old high school football coach said "If you quit once, you realize how easy it is"
Old 12-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #9
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post

Mercury Morris is annoying as hell so I'd love to see the Saints pull it off now that we've already played them. He'll still have some bitch excuse for why they were better though.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #10
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by duetsch215 View Post
if i was Sean Payton i would keep playing every game all the way through. Like my old high school football coach said "If you quit once, you realize how easy it is"
Exactly. If you can keep scoring and keep winning, do it.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #11
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Colts are backstabbing?
The ownership that decided to move them overnight to Indianapolis. Life would have been so much easier if they just stayed.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote